Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #393
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Maybe he was walking out of a gay bar? Idk.
He was just a sales man for a certain beer brand
Old 07-17-2013, 06:10 AM   #394
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
So a cop is not free to think what he wants as long he doesn't act on it?
That was not the point at all.

This thread became a very good illustration of the difference between being able to freely state your mind and the wisdom (or not, as the case may be) of doing so.

Camaro5, like every other internet message board, is little more than a virtual club. So calling out Camaro owners as a whole (for not waving or otherwise being outwardly friendly enough) or individually (for commenting negatively on your car's mods/appearance) here is little different than if as an occasional member you'd walked into a physical club meeting and done the same in person. In neither case do you have any reasonable expectation that there won't be friction and adverse commentary coming back at you.

Your day job has nothing to do with the free speech part of it, though it might predispose you in what you expect as replies.

I don't particularly expect you to reply to this post of mine either, but I do hope that you'll read it and think on it a bit.

Norm
Old 07-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #395
rich3fan
What's this button do?

Drives: 2019 Black 2SS

Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #396
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Don't really understand if paint was that bad, why someone wouldn't use common sense and have it resolved under warranty.
You really think that the warranty will cover rock chips or any other normal wear or tear?

The paint is weak. That is what he is saying. I have had a problem with windsheer on my front bumper on the ridge right above the plate holder. It looks like the clear is just fading. No way any dealer will repaint it. They just buff it everytime.

Seriously Sinning - "Veronica"
Commandment 11 - Thou shall not travel slowly.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #397
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I thought I was done with this thread. But is 500 the magic let it die number? If so then I want to help put this nightmare to rest.

After thinking about Camaro camaraderie (How about "Camaroaderie"?), I think the OP should have joined a Camaro club. Lots of friendly faces there. And I bet once they know your car on the road they will wave. He could have made it a club thing.

I usually do not wave, but if I see a Camaro coming at me looking good I usually give them a headlight flash. Does that count as a sign of friendliness or is that too impersonal? Is a flash and a wave better than just a wave? But I do not want to give them the idea I am being "too" friendly. I'm confused.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #398
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySinning View Post
You really think that the warranty will cover rock chips or any other normal wear or tear?

The paint is weak. That is what he is saying. I have had a problem with windsheer on my front bumper on the ridge right above the plate holder. It looks like the clear is just fading. No way any dealer will repaint it. They just buff it everytime.

Boy you took that way out of context ... The op stated his paint was flaking and peeling off every time he washed it ... That would be covered under warranty. Rock chips would not be, obviously ...

Try and get a different plate holder and your problem would be solved, we don't have that issue down here.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #399
SeriouslySinning

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro 2LT 3.6 V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Boy you took that way out of context ... The op stated his paint was flaking and peeling off every time he washed it ... That would be covered under warranty. Rock chips would not be, obviously ...

Try and get a different plate holder and your problem would be solved, we don't have that issue down here.
I sure hope it does cause that drives me nuts...

Seriously Sinning - "Veronica"
Commandment 11 - Thou shall not travel slowly.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #400
HeadonaStick

Drives: 2011 Camaro V6
People waving at me is a pain in the tush. Then I feel like I have to stop what I am doing and wave back. I don't want to wave back. I don't like strangers. I'm lazy. And self centered.

People waving is why I don't ride a cycle anymore (well that and an extra 100 pounds since "back in the day," but mostly it's the waving thing.)
Old 07-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #401
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadonaStick View Post
People waving at me is a pain in the tush. Then I feel like I have to stop what I am doing and wave back. I don't want to wave back. I don't like strangers. I'm lazy. And self centered.

People waving is why I don't ride a cycle anymore (well that and an extra 100 pounds since "back in the day," but mostly it's the waving thing.)
Hmmm. So by waving we could be helping the Camaro community or hurting it. Maybe a flash is safer.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #402
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Quote:
Alright. Since the site is FINALLY back up, and my logon is no longer frozen...oddly...I will be the one to wave the white flag on this one. The point of the thread is still there. Some have admitted truth. Others refuse and continue to . Those, I cannot change. You are free to think as you want....as long as you are not around Detroit above.
Honestly, I don't care about why you got rid of your Camaro. I just want to see more pics of your new Corvette!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #403
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
If you want waved at, buy a Wrangler...period.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #404
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
If you want exclusivity, buy an eff-in supercar. If you buy a car that is selling like hot cakes and is moderately priced, guess what? THEY'RE GOING TO BE EVERYWHERE. Don't understand why people are listing this as a reason to get rid of a car, if you list it you're just looking for excuses and you really never wanted it to begin with or didn't do your research if it was a real priority of yours.

Again see comment above in regards to the Camaro Community. You're going to get a mixture of die-hard people who bought it because they love Camaros, everyone who has one, etc... then you're going to have people who bought it because "it is cool" and don't give a poop about anyone else, then of course you have people in between. This is like any car community.

The paint is the only true factor I give you in getting rid of this car but in reality all manufactures are facing this issue due to EPA standards.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #405
walky35

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
If you want exclusivity, buy an eff-in supercar. If you buy a car that is selling like hot cakes and is moderately priced, guess what? THEY'RE GOING TO BE EVERYWHERE. Don't understand why people are listing this as a reason to get rid of a car, if you list it you're just looking for excuses and you really never wanted it to begin with or didn't do your research if it was a real priority of yours.

Again see comment above in regards to the Camaro Community. You're going to get a mixture of die-hard people who bought it because they love Camaros, everyone who has one, etc... then you're going to have people who bought it because "it is cool" and don't give a poop about anyone else, then of course you have people in between. This is like any car community.

The paint is the only true factor I give you in getting rid of this car but in reality all manufactures are facing this issue due to EPA standards.

This exactly. if u read the entire thing i got into it with him early abt that. i dont understand it either. glad im not alone.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #406
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
i used to go to a lot of sporting events back in the day but it's just not worth it to me anymore now that people don't really do the wave...

Closed Thread