Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 01-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
Asylum
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Black on Black Manual 6
Going insane..

I walk out to my garage, start my baby up every couple of days.. and am sickened by the total lack of control over the weather.

To the point: Anyone else going genuinely retarded over not being able to take their sweet ride out for a little jog?
Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Move to Vancouver. Some trees have started to bud already.

Driving in the rain is infinitely safer than sub-zero roads. ^_^
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
I have got to move south. Been to Houston a few times, that would work.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
I agree, but im happy my car is warm and clean in my garage. Would hate to see how she would look with all that salt and grime on her...
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
I agree, but im happy my car is warm and clean in my garage. Would hate to see how she would look with all that salt and grime on her...
, but I sure do miss driving her.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Have been driving the family mini-van...

I am DEFINATELY frustrated. It's kind of borderline acceptable temperatures.. But I'm not taking any chances with my summer rubber. Already had a near-devastating experience.. And have read enough stories on here that are heart-breaking enough that I am either Mini-van'ing it or Bus'ing to my A to B's.

As for the van.... Feels like I have to red-line to get out of the driveway in comparison. (Yes that's pushing it) But .... I miss my 426... And instead of the great attention the Maro gets....

I'd rather not get ANY attention in the van.

Although I will say... ITS NICE TO RELAX IN PARKING LOTS... And be able to sit through a movie and not have a panic attack wondering if my Camaro is surviving the battlefield that is public parking. I can eat dinner at a restaraunt without glueing myself to the window to check on it. I can come back to my vehicle without the full on inspection to make sure everything is the way I left it.

Having such a nice car really can be a pain....

I will say though.... I have had scary thoughts and even visited dealerships to look at trucks. Haven't done anything stupid yet though.

Taking a bus in cold crappy weather... bus wait being sometimes up to an hour..... after a longgg day coming home late... and especially after having driven a Camaro around... Really.... I don't even want to say the things that come to mind.

Things would be easier for sure if I had my own 2nd vehicle... But since I seldomly have another vehicle to drive... the camaro being my only personal vehicle... daily driver etc.... Ugh.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
Ajax Inferno

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS & 2011 Cruze LS+
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Heated garage? Ours ain't but at least the car is clean and dry!
Ajax Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #8
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
Talk About Frustrating!!!!
I got mt car back from being supercharged about 5 days after the snow came, and parked it for the winter with only about a 10 minute test drive when we picked it up.
MELT SNOW MELT!!!!!
Attached Images

stratman2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
so I take it we have an insane Asylum here?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
My car is stuck at the bottom of my driveway and I havent had time to shovel it out over the past couple days.

You think you have it bad. All I wanted to do was take my car to the track with the 3600 stall and new tune, that was in mid October. It rained every effing track day they had setup for the rest of the season.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Yep - sure sucks. Hardly any snow in my immediate geography. Just lots and lost of salt! I swear I have 30lbs of salt caked on my truck. And it gets washed about once per week! So, too much salt and subzero temps means the Camaro stays in her warm, clean sleeping spot. But no snow means I can't even go busting snow banks and doing doughnuts in parking lots!! Grrrr.... Just give me some snow for a couple weeks and then it can all melt.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote