Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #267
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Sweet... a 54k car with a 119 mph trap time and 7.41 ring time...

Count me in...

Great Job GM...
Old 11-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #268
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'd be curious of the fuel mileage numbers. My car still get's 25 mpg on the interstate and 18 around town.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #269
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'd be curious of the fuel mileage numbers. My car still get's 25 mpg on the interstate and 18 around town.
For the past few weeks, Chevrolet has been releasing information regarding the development of the new Camaro ZL1 in an attempt to explain what goes into Chevrolet’s most powerful, technologically advanced Camaro. If the response from the initial ordering activities is any indication, the story has been well received.

Today, as part of the first public showing of the 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible at the LA Auto Show, Chevrolet is pleased to announce the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the 2012 Camaro ZL1 Coupe will start at $54,095.

This base MSRP does not include the customary Camaro DFC of $900. It also does not include tax, title, license or other fees such as the “Gas Guzzler Tax” of $1300 for models equipped with the six speed manual transmission or $2600 for models equipped with the six speed automatic transmission.

In part, the “Gas Guzzler Tax” is calculated based on the EPA fuel economy estimates of 14 MPG City / 19 MPG Highway for the 2012 Camaro ZL1 with the standard six speed manual transmission; and 12 MPG City / 18 MPG Highway for the 2012 Camaro ZL1 with the optional six speed automatic transmission.

Attached for your reference is the press release issued today regarding the 2012 Camaro ZL1 that not only includes the price but some key performance figures such as a top speed of 184 MPH with the optional six speed automatic transmission.

A new 2012 Camaro price schedule featuring the model and option prices for the 2012 Camaro ZL1 will be posted on GMPricing.com (available through GM DealerWorld web portal) starting Wednesday, November 16, 2011. MSRP will also start to populate the various order configurators within a few weeks. Please remember that all GM Price Schedules are GM Confidential and should never be released or posted on any public websites.

Finally, there was an issue with the Exposed Carbon Fiber Weave Hood Insert option (RPO: B92) not being available in the order configurator when ordering started a few weeks ago. The issue has been resolved, and the option is now available for ordering and/or available to be added to existing orders.

The appearance of this option code also helps clarify the optional ZL1 roof and rear deck lid stripe availability. If the Exposed Carbon Fiber Weave Hood Insert (RPO: B92) is ordered and a stripe is desired, the only available stripe is gray (RPO: DSW). If the Exposed Carbon Fiber Weave Hood Insert (RPO: B92) is NOT ordered, but a stripe is still desired, the only available stripe is black (RPO: DSX).

Thank you for your continued support of Camaro, and look forward to the 2012 Camaro ZL1 coupe starting to show up on the road in the Spring of 2012.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #270
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
great car and great price. still the most bang for your buck. it is a CAMARO people.

TOO MUCH WHINING.... gee whiz, just be glad the car is actually being released. if you don't like it, don't buy it.

I think people forget that we are lucky gm made it out of bankruptcy and we have camaros in the first place...
Old 11-15-2011, 03:41 PM   #271
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
In part, the “Gas Guzzler Tax” is calculated based on the EPA fuel economy estimates of 14 MPG City / 19 MPG Highway for the 2012 Camaro ZL1 with the standard six speed manual transmission; and 12 MPG City / 18 MPG Highway for the 2012 Camaro ZL1 with the optional six speed automatic transmission.
Holy crap.

Ya, I missed that.

Why so low I wonder? Most of the supercharged SS cars and even cammed ones are getting MUCH better than that.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #272
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Holy crap.

Ya, I missed that.

Why so low I wonder? Most of the supercharged SS cars and even cammed ones are getting MUCH better than that.
Maybe that whole 50 state legal thing they have to adhere to, along with many other issues to deal with that we don't when choosing aftermarket tuners and parts..
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #273
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Holy crap.

Ya, I missed that.

Downforce plays a part I'm sure. Different engine / gearing / more weight / tires?

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #274
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Holy crap.

Ya, I missed that.

Once you get those lead weights you call wheels in motion they act like a perpetual motion machine and just keep going and going and going
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:52 PM   #275
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Once you get those lead weights you call wheels in motion they act like a perpetual motion machine and just keep going and going and going
LMFAO

I never knew donk wheel owners were such environmentalists.

Just poking fun

Last edited by Shurenuff; 11-15-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #276
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Since the news came out about the GT 500, I don't really care about the ZL1 anymore, no matter what the price. 1st ZL1 not even off the production line and it's been humiliated by the GT. What's next? An ass whooping by a Chally?
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #277
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Maybe that whole 50 state legal thing they have to adhere to, along with many other issues to deal with that we don't when choosing aftermarket tuners and parts..
Fair enough I guess. And I suppose if you can afford to buy this beast you aren't worried about gas money but I figured if it can be done they would have done it. And it CAN be done. My car is putting ZL1 power down at the wheels for the most part and still gets good mileage.

Of course my car is ANYTHING but legal.

Quote:
Downforce plays a part I'm sure. Different engine / gearing / more weight / tires?
Makes sense. I just figured it would be a bit better than that. I never looked at the mileage for the SCT-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Actively searching for an alternative now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
LMFAO

I never new donk wheel owners were such environmentalists.

Just poking fun

I got a small tree in my office I like to hug from time to time.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #278
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Fair enough I guess. And I suppose if you can afford to buy this beast you aren't worried about gas money but I figured if it can be done they would have done it. And it CAN be done. My car is putting ZL1 power down at the wheels for the most part and still gets good mileage.

Of course my car is ANYTHING but legal.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #279
kudzu74
Account Suspended

Drives: SS 08' Trailblazer
Exclamation APOLOGY FOR THE FOLLOWING RANT...

Quote:
Sorry, I have to throw the flag. Its not less than 55k if you have to pay $900.00 right on top of the figure they give us that is 56k base price before any tax, options, whatever...

I DEMAND A Z28 that we should have had not a wanna be luxury/supersports car. While I know its great and people will get them and buy them they just price themselves out of high sales. I rather buy a used corvette or new cts-v8 that can fit four comfortably inside. There needs to be a middle ground between the SS and ZL1....GIVE US A Z28!

kudzu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #280
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
Since the news came out about the GT 500, I don't really care about the ZL1 anymore, no matter what the price. 1st ZL1 not even off the production line and it's been humiliated by the GT. What's next? An ass whooping by a Chally?
None of the above will come in at $45k so it shouldn't matter to you regardless, right?

Tags
2012 camaro zl1 msrp, 2012 camaro zl1 price, 2012 zl1 msrp, 2012 zl1 price, 2013 camaro zl1 price, 2013 zl1 price, camaro zl1 msrp, camaro zl1 price, camaro zl1 pricing, zl1 msrp, zl1 price, zl1 pricing