Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #43
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
That's weird. I called Vortech last month and they said they have shops doing testing, but aren't ready to release to the public yet. They also said that if I was to switch out to the TI, that they highly recommend not doing it unless I had a built motor, that's what made me think that this might work well for him.
Well IDK who told you that. All our A&A kits we do on vettes have came with them since late December. And its just like the YSI. you "CAN" run it on a stock motor just fine, just dont turn the bastard way up!

Its a super kewl blower. lower IAts than the T trim, and yet you can get 100-150 MORE rwhp out of it! If your wanting to get on i can get you one.
east TX Muscle cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #44
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by east TX Muscle cars View Post
Well IDK who told you that. All our A&A kits we do on vettes have came with them since late December. And its just like the YSI. you "CAN" run it on a stock motor just fine, just dont turn the bastard way up!

Its a super kewl blower. lower IAts than the T trim, and yet you can get 100-150 MORE rwhp out of it! If your wanting to get on i can get you one.
It was Vortech who told me. I'm good with the blower I have now. Thanks though. I figure next year when i build my motor, which is something you and I will talk about, I'll switch blowers. It'll be more convenient to run the oil lines at that point.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #45
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
Jim,
I think you have already made up your mind and are yearning for approval...
I predict you going TT and you will scratch that itch you have and be in the know whether you did the correct thing or not which be will judged by the grin factor you will possess.

Nice Blake, i like your wisdom here, though it is a bit perplexing. So, i take it you think i would like the Twins.

I yearn for no approval, never have. Perhaps one of my many downfalls. But i have learned over the years to tap the knowledge of those with more experience.

I love my D1 but am ready for more. I guess if the twin 6766's dont do it for me i can move on to whatever Procharger or Vortech has out in a year or so. I may do this sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the help so far!! Need more turbo guys to chime in....you guys are weak!!!!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #46
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I was just messing with you Jim. The approval comment was meant to be taken tongue in cheek. If it were me, I would do the TT simply because I have been down the blower road. Nothing wrong with it, I love mine. I know I would always wonder "what if I had done the turbos?" I would want to know the answer. It could turn out TT's are just the ticket for you but you won't know if you don't go down that road.

I was thinking of twin turbos in the future, but I really REALLY want that V11 xb110 stuffed in my engine bay...
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #47
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Nice Blake, i like your wisdom here, though it is a bit perplexing. So, i take it you think i would like the Twins.

I yearn for no approval, never have. Perhaps one of my many downfalls. But i have learned over the years to tap the knowledge of those with more experience.

I love my D1 but am ready for more. I guess if the twin 6766's dont do it for me i can move on to whatever Procharger or Vortech has out in a year or so. I may do this sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the help so far!! Need more turbo guys to chime in....you guys are weak!!!!
If you don't have to answer them right away... give me two weeks to get my car ready, come down my way and I'll take you for a ride... I'll show you weak...!!! lol... me... you...

You can spend the night since it's such a long drive... We have room...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #48
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
If you don't have to answer them right away... give me two weeks to get my car ready, come down my way and I'll take you for a ride... I'll show you weak...!!! lol... me... you...

You can spend the night since it's such a long drive... We have room...
Thanks Robert....you dont want me as a house guest. Most people snore from the mouth. I snore from my hind end!!! Stinks after a while according to my wife

I do plan to pulley down this D1sc and add a smaller belt soon. Procharger says it will still slip....but slip with 3 psi more boost. That should be good for another 30-40 hp.

I told Pat Guerra aka PatG when i do pulley down, i will drive down to Victoria to let him tune it in his environment instead of up here it Ft Worth at SNLPerformance. Were gonna add a ZR1 3 bar MAP sensor at the same time.

I figure i will run this for about 3-6 months then go the TT route.

I would love a ride in Brandi. Never been in a turbo car. You still running the 3.07 gears, am also real curious how your highly modded M6 is working. Remember when you drive thru Wichita Falls, let me know. That T-38C simulator ride is waiting. I'll put you on the wing of another T-38 down below the canyon walls of the Grand Canyon and see how long you last!!!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 02-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #49
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Formation approach,

On final runway 15C Sheppard AFB/ Not the Grand Canyon but....its fun. One of my NATO students on formation approach.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #50
Chris82xx

See, I knew the AF had some fun shit. J/K. I still remember when I was in the Army and rode in a KC-135, it was cool as hell sitting in the boon (i think that's what it's called) just looking straight down to the ground.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #51
Twin2010

Drives: 2010 twin turbo ss
I would definitely go with the turbos. I have had race cars with everything from all motor to nos to small block Procharger to big block Procharger to big block twin turbo. After I put turbos on my race car I said I would never have anything different. I now have a twin turbo 2010 ss and it runs and drives like a stock car and you can barely hear it. But when you stand on it it's sooooo much fun. You will love it
Twin2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:06 PM   #52
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Seems like you're hell bent on making the switch so just do it.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #53
Chris82xx

I think he's more curious than anything. It's hard to try something new when you're used to something else. If anything he should drive both. One car TT and one with a larger Procharger or a YSi car.

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #54
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
I think he's more curious than anything. It's hard to try something new when you're used to something else. If anything he should drive both. One car TT and one with a larger Procharger or a YSi car.
Exactly....that's why my title....talk me out of a TT....or not!

I love the Centri blower. But time for a change. Its not like i cant go back in a year or so and see what Procharger or Vortech have come out with. Or more 5th gens running the F1x and the new V-11 vortech.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #55
Chris82xx

It would just be a shame to see you put your money into one and decide you don't like it. One problem that not a lot of turbo guys can't deny is turbo lag. At least with a cam and a blower, you can pick up the low end torque, but with a turbo, you have to get them to spool up before they produce boost. I would really have to say try them both if you can. As far as the XB11, that is ALOT of fab work. To the point that once you're done, YOU'RE DONE.

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #56
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Exactly....that's why my title....talk me out of a TT....or not!

I love the Centri blower. But time for a change. Its not like i cant go back in a year or so and see what Procharger or Vortech have come out with. Or more 5th gens running the F1x and the new V-11 vortech.
I'd get the IPS kit and take advantage of their R&D on the kit. Jeff has done a great job on that Kit.

I've had both Centri and TT and I tell you there is a special sound & feeling TT gives you, when the twins are spooling that like taking your F-16 out that Centri can never deliver. You NEVER get tired of TT.

Just make sure you buy top quality turbo with great sealing, bearing and light blades to spin/spool fast.
I promise you, once you go TT, you never go back centri.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote