Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
75 Monza

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Magnaflow

Does anybody have any sound clips of a auto Camaro with a magnaflow 16581 axle back before and after removing the resonator and installing an x-pipe? I'm not happy with this axle back its not much louder than stock!! Just don't want to waste any money on the x-pipe if it's not going to make it sound better or make it lose power!!! Thanks for the input!!!
75 Monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
On the A6 the huge resonator is your issue. Getting an x-pipe in place of that should help out the sound a bunch. However, you'll then hear the AFM big time which might annoy the heck out of you.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
I have solo hiflow cats and axelback but with the stock resonator it was loud but raspy just installed the magnaflow resonated x and it quieted down but the sound is great i do get afm since i removed the trash cans but i learned to get rid of it by changing pedal position slightly when it comes on
Old 07-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
75 Monza

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
On the A6 the huge resonator is your issue. Getting an x-pipe in place of that should help out the sound a bunch. However, you'll then hear the AFM big time which might annoy the heck out of you.
The AFM is not an issue I just want to pickup more sound without being overkill!! I have also read in some posts that deleting the resonator and installing the x-pipe some have lost some bottom end power and I don't want to do that to the car!!! With that said do I x-pipe it or scrap what I have and go with a full cat-back?
75 Monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I suggest going with the Magnaflow Tru-X pipe and replacing the resonator with strait pipe. This will definitely give you a little more sound and will not hinder performance in any way.

You should also keep in mind, that even with no mufflers, Camaro's are somewhat quiet when you are still on the stock manifolds and cats. Once you do headers and high flow cat's, you will get a pretty big change in sound.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote