Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-02-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
2010 Nissan GT-R V-Spec Details Revealed!

Quote:
Nissan has just dropped the deets on the 2010 super duper edition of their beastly GT-R. The V-spec model, which is to be released just eight days into 2009, is expected to take back the throne as the King of the Nurburgring. But at a cost of more than DOUBLE what a regular GT-R will set you back, what exactly are you getting?

Well, first off, don't expect any more power, at least according to Nissan. Contrary to the rumored 520hp we'd all hoped for, the plan is to stick with the 478hp twin-turbo'd V6 from the regular GT-R, and instead focus on weight and suspension tweaks.

At over 3,800 pounds, the GT-R is portly by supercar standards. To address this, Nissan is ditching the back seats in favor of a carbon fiber shelf, and healthy use of the material in areas like body trim and interior bits has also been revealed. Exact weight figures haven't been released yet, but anything that helps in the power-to-weight ratio department is always good.

The ECU will also recieve an "overboost" tweak, giving the motor more power in midrange revs situations like passing. And I don't mean on the freeway.

All of this is good news, but then we heard the price: $160,000. At more than TWICE what a normal GT-R costs, this is a bit out of hand. It's hard to imagine that a reputable tuner company couldn't take a regular GT-R and make it as fast, or faster, than this V-spec model for a lot cheaper. Guess we'll have to see what kind of numbers the new model makes at the track to see if it's all really worth it.
link: http://www.spike.com/blog/2010-nissan-gt-r-v/71124

if im gona spend 160k on a car it sure is hell aint gona be a nissan lol.!!!

discuss
Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
They desperately want to be taken seriously by top-notch auto buyers. The product simply isn't good enough. I'd much rather have a ZR1.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Wow...

so what happened to the GTR V-Spec that was going to get like 550hp and lay waste to the ZR1????

$150k... You got to be kidding me?

Never was impressed with the GTR and looks like I still won't be...
Old 12-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
I'd buy the regular GT-R instead. Sorry I just aint payin $80K more for a car with the same horsepower. Looks like this car is aimed at only enthusiasts and/or hard core track people. I'll concieve the GT-R has beaten the Z06, but the V-spec has gotten killed in performance, value, and looks by the ZR1
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
OK, just back from the GTR forums. Here are more detailed specs
http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/200...t-r-spe?blog=4

Woooowww they've increased the power by 5!!!!!!!! You better watch out!
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
160,000!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeebus! All their doing is lowering the weight. So you get less stuff, but you pay twice the value of a regular one. I can get several vettes for that, or Two Z06's, or one ZR1 and crapload of money left over, and still have a much better car.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #7
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
What makes me mad is not soo much that they didn't increase power, believe me all they'd have to do is crank up the boost on those turbos and that engine could be making 600hp no doubt.

But yeah so they lightened it up. The took out the back seat, replaced it with a CF shell, added CF to other spots, further tuned the suspension, just like GM did with the ZR1, but then they go and price it $70k-$80,000 more? That's a frieking Viper alone, or a Z06....

And the sad thing is these cars probably will sell out...
Old 12-02-2008, 01:54 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
hmmmm...the world is at balance.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
wow.

if there was ever a doubt as too how missguided and poorly put together this whole GTR thing was.... the V-spec caps it off.

Nissan. you fail.
GatorBlue371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #10
09camaroSS

Drives: 2005 Mazda 3
yet another epic fail for Nissan. Its a nice car .... but not for 160k
Old 12-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #11
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
wow who priced that POS..

i guess they Really want to beat the corvette's/ACR'S lap time on the nurburing

just another fail for nissan
Old 12-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm guessing the shave about a hundred pounds off the GTR. Not bad, not exceptional either. Minimal power upgrades, no mention of handling upgrades, for 2x the price? Maybe they're throwing in a second transmission + free install for when you wreck the first one. Thats a $20k value right there!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Would you like some failsauce for your failfries?

If I were paying 160k I at LEAST oughta be getting those backseats, seeing as how I would have to live in the damn thing, just because I absolutely had to have another alphanumeric symbol from Japan that doesn't mean shit. What is up with the imports and their need to classify their cars with a series of letters that is supposed to symbolize some mystical level of performance? Type-R anyone?

Hey, at least they added that wing. How else is anyone supposed to know you're fast?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to mercilessly beat a baby polar bear.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #14
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm guessing the shave about a hundred pounds off the GTR. Not bad, not exceptional either. Minimal power upgrades, no mention of handling upgrades, for 2x the price? Maybe they're throwing in a second transmission + free install for when you wreck the first one. Thats a $20k value right there!
No sir, apparently they got rid of the button that allows you to shred your transmission at will.

Read some of the comments left under the article on the GTR forums. Stuff like that makes me honestly believe the only cure for some people is an ice pick through their skull.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote