Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #29
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
be careful now...the tires have very little grip in the cold (below 50F). I can spin the tires in 3rd, going straight at about 50-60mph, on PTM2 (standard). It can get dangerous if you accelerate and you're not going straight. So if you change lanes (an not straight) don't accelerate too hard as you might lose it - even if you're in 4th gear. This applies to wet pavement as well.

I had quite a few scares, especially in the first 1,000 miles when I didn't know what to expect from the beast. I guess the biggest one was spinning the tires and sliding the rear end at bit while going 90 at almost full throtle, over the top of a hill. Sliding at that speed is scary!! Good thing I was in PTM2 so electronics kicked in to save me - I also lifted my lead foot...
Mr.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #30
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
You sound like my wife. She's from New Jersey and has little paitience for long strings of words. When I get into telling her a story she says "ok Webster, make it short I got things I gotta do".
...yes, but I'm sure you love her despite that...LOL... BTW, I love NC. First time I went there I cut the guy off talking to him and he paused for so long in between thoughts I thought I offended him. Wasnt the case, it was time delay between communication compared to us up here who talk a mile a minute....nicest folks I ever met were from NC. If I ever moved it would be to NC.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #31
DonNC

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS/2012 ZL1
That Charlotte, NC traffic can be brutal, especially I-85 north around Exit 49 at rushhour. I live 40 miles west of Charlotte in Grover, NC.
DonNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #32
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R View Post
be careful now...the tires have very little grip in the cold (below 50F). I can spin the tires in 3rd, going straight at about 50-60mph, on PTM2 (standard). It can get dangerous if you accelerate and you're not going straight. So if you change lanes (an not straight) don't accelerate too hard as you might lose it - even if you're in 4th gear. This applies to wet pavement as well.

I had quite a few scares, especially in the first 1,000 miles when I didn't know what to expect from the beast. I guess the biggest one was spinning the tires and sliding the rear end at bit while going 90 at almost full throtle, over the top of a hill. Sliding at that speed is scary!! Good thing I was in PTM2 so electronics kicked in to save me - I also lifted my lead foot...
Now you boys do my kind of driving! I have a nice hill that I think I just may one day get a little air time. Although she should go on a diet, thinking of just tossing the back seat. It's pointless. Haven't put it to the floor yet, a few hundred more miles and that's priority one. One driver outside motorcity posted he drives his ZL1 nursing home style. Should yank the drivers seat and replace with a rocking chair. As long as the ass end doesn't take the lead...it's all good!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #33
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Now you boys do my kind of driving! I have a nice hill that I think I just may one day get a little air time. Although she should go on a diet, thinking of just tossing the back seat. It's pointless. Haven't put it to the floor yet, a few hundred more miles and that's priority one. One driver outside motorcity posted he drives his ZL1 nursing home style. Should yank the drivers seat and replace with a rocking chair. As long as the ass end doesn't take the lead...it's all good!
Top down, sitting in my rocking chair and loving it. Then again at my age maybe it SHOULD be a rocking chair.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #34
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Gotta love it! New a guy, now departed, RIP my brother, and he loved his caddy so much he added to his house a room with the caddy dead smack in the middle. Took out the engine of course, and used the space as a bar. Had the big screen set up with a really bad ass bose sound system and had country back roads on the the big screen. Went to visit him, he had all his old broads half in the bag, and half naked, all in that caddy living life to its fullest. Made my exit and let the man enjoy every minute. He knew how to live life big. Right down to the end. Always rode in style! Lesson learned!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote