Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #15
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
I only want the car in the same condition it was in when I left it in their care.
Based on your location, was it Valmark Chevy? I had a bad experience with them when I tried to order my 2010 Camaro SS.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #16
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
That is frustrating to take your pride and joy to the place you trust would take care of it the most and have them be careless.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #17
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
I'm not sticking up for the dealership but being a mechanic since the 80's I can speak for myself. If I did brake work on a vehicle, no matter what the car is, I would take it for a good twenty minute drive. To be honest I never checked how far. I just wanted to make sure the vehicle was safe. If he didn't take it for a test drive checking different conditions and then when you got in something was wrong with the brakes, failure or fade or pulsation etc., you would come back and complain about not taking it out to make sure it is safe. I know that I would. There is insurance liabilities involved. As far as the scratch give them a chance to make it right. Hopefully the mechanic wasn't trying to get away with it. I mean we are all human at the end of the day.
I to would be enfuriated, like you, but would also have to see that it was driven for my safety, not for their fun. Good luck in getting this fixed correctly.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
My dealer has in my file that neither of our camaros leave the dealership without me or my wife. Even when they did the supercharger they waited for me to take the tech on the test drive
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Not sure I understand the issues with a service tech/manager test driving the car?

12 miles? in Houston that is barely around the block.

and if you cannot trust a service manager to drive your car then why on earth would you take the car to someplace you dont trust?

If I take my car in I sure as hell want that service tech to make sure they got the problem. if that means a 30 minute drive then so be it.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #20
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Took the baby in for it's 3000 mile first oil change. Told the service rep about the brake fluid leak. Three days later I get the call that it's ready to pick up. I find that the mechanic took it for a 12 mile test drive. I guess he wanted to make sure the brakes were working good! If that wasn't enough it came back with a huge scratch on the finder from where he was leaning over to replace the master cylinder. The service rep wants me to bring it back in tomorrow so the service manager can see the damage. I spent more for this car than I did for my first 2 houses combined. I only want the car in the same condition it was in when I left it in their care. Anybody know A good lawyer in central Texas?

What is the most current update that you have on your vehicle? We certainly apologize for your frustrations.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #21
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
a Lawyer over a scratch, really?
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #22
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
My dealer has in my file that neither of our camaros leave the dealership without me or my wife. Even when they did the supercharger they waited for me to take the tech on the test drive

What purpose does that really serve? Grab the wheel from the tech if they aren't driving the car properly? Did you experience a problem in the past? I always try to talk to the tech that way I am face to face and can eliminate any misconceptions and concerns ahead of time. It makes it easier on both of us when they understand exactly what is wrong with car and it's coming from the owner.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #23
thewizard

Drives: 2017 zl1
The dealership called and said they were able to sand it out. I will get it this evening and see what it looks like. Don't understand all the chatter about house prices! I thought everyone would understand the point I was trying to make. The car was not Cheap. $60,000+ dollars for a car that someone wants but doesn't need is a lot of money.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #24
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
The car was not Cheap. $60,000+ dollars for a car that someone wants but doesn't need is a lot of money.
Any news? I hope the scratch was removed to your satisfaction. You're right about house prices. My first house cost more than $60k, but like most things they go up in price. $60k is a heck of a lot of money to pay for a car.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #25
thewizard

Drives: 2017 zl1
It looks good. They were able to sand it out without breaking through the clear coat. The clear coat might be a little thin , but it better than having to look at a fender that has been repainted. I'm still angry. Three trips to the dealer to fix something that should have never happened. If your wondering which dealership it was. Look for the one with a ZL1 signature leaving the lot.=============
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #26
DonNC

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS/2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruuzin LV View Post
Were these "houses" trailers? If not thats dirt cheap!!!
Give the dealership a chance to make it right, if they don't then get a lawyer involved.
As a matter of fact, I do live in a manufactured home. Don't laugh. My ZL1 AND '11 SS convertible are both paid for, as well as everything I own. I make a good living off manufactured housing.
DonNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #27
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL12013 View Post
Maybe you should practice what you preach, you come on a ZL1 specific thread, go off topic on bash the OP (usually equals troll) on how much he paid for his house. I paid 32 thousand for my first house in the eighties, and sold it 13 years later for 115 thousand, so I also paid twice as much for my car as I did for my first house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruuzin LV View Post
Were these "houses" trailers? If not thats dirt cheap!!!
Give the dealership a chance to make it right, if they don't then get a lawyer involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Who knows how old the OP is. My grandma and grandpa bought their house in 1958: 3 bedroom, 15 acre farm with two natual gas wells drilled on it=$3,500.
Get it now , you Vegas back end , that's exactly what I meant by ,,,,life experience ,,,, not even you can buy that ,,,,,oh , my bad , if we have to explain it to you , you still won't get it .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #28
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonNC View Post
As a matter of fact, I do live in a manufactured home. Don't laugh. My ZL1 AND '11 SS convertible are both paid for, as well as everything I own. I make a good living off manufactured housing.
Don't try to explain it to him , you just will be loosing your time for nothing
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote