Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #99
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro View Post
This is JohnnyCamaro-AKA John Cox from GM Accessories and I wanted everyone to know what exact colors we will be offering for the stripe packages.

For the Rally Stripes we have:
Black
Orange
Silver
Cyber Gray
White

For the Hood and Hockey Stripe Package (includes decklid as well)
Black
Gray
White

All of the above will be available as an RPO code on the initial dealer order guide and on the window sticker or as an over the counter GM Accessory for after the purchase of the vehicle.

For those who only want Hockey Stripes and not the hood and decklid piece they will be available as an over the counter accessory to purchase as well.

I hope this helps everyone in their decision of how to personalize their Camaros. Its almost here!!!
Just wanted to say welcome to the site and a HUGE thank you for shedding the light on the stripe packages....

Now....about that forced induction package! Ok, ok...that's a different thread all together!

Again, welcome John!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #100
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I would say more desireable anyway. As the cars become collectible, people will look for cars with specific color combinations. The nicest looking combinations will become the most desireable and thus may be able to command a higher resale value.

If I was looking at a used 'black stripe on red' colored Camaro, I would first read the RPO sticker to make sure the option was on the sticker. Dealer installed options do not have the same credibility in the collector car world.

For example, a black '69 Z/28 will command a 5 grand premium over any other colored '69 Z/28.
Nice info, thanks

Welcome John. It's great to have another GM Rep on the site. We will gladly welcome any new info we don't have as official info now. There is much speculation on this site as well as a few wanna be experts. It's very nice to finally get some we can count on.

I know some people still won't have the color options they were hoping for out of the gate, but you did make it able for me to solidify my colors in and out. I just hope that only a few cars will have the same colors after the first year. Thanks again and welcome to the site.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:19 PM   #101
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
10 different paint colors and 8 different stripe packages means 80 different combinations. Plenty of combos to make everyone happy!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #102
Robin Lawrence

Drives: 2010 Camaro 69 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCamaro View Post
JohnnyCamaro-AKA John Cox from GM Accessories:

Just to clarify, the comments and beliefs I make are those of myself and not of the company I represent.
"I am John Cox and I approved this message"

Hi John,

Robin

Robin Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #103
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
I have to say that making Cyber Gray over Black stripes an option from the factory is a huge mistake. Most people will want their stripes put on by the factory, because it is done right and you know there is no sand paper particles, dust, dirt, ect... under your stripes. If the dealer does it there is a chance of this happening, which can scratch the paint and ruin the stripes, depending on which dealer you go to for the stripes.

My point is that I would say the two most popular stripe colors are white and black, therefore white and black should be options from the factory and orange, silver, and cyber gray should be dealer installed stripes, considering more than likely they will be chosen less than a white or black stripe package. Or offer all of them from the factory, or at least Black, white, and Silver, and make Orange, Cyber Gray and maybe a Red and Blue as a dealer installed option. I know alot of people that are going to go with Cyber Gray stripes on their car versus Black stripes because they want the factory to do it. But, I refuse to do this and put Cyber Gray Stripes on my Rally Yellow SS, I will ahve to setle for dealer installed Black Rally Stripes or have them painted on, even thoguh it would lower the value of my car on a trade in or resale due to the fact that it isn't stock.

And, yes painting your car does lower the value on trade ins because once the car has been painted the dealership doesn't know if it has been in an accident or not, and whenever you trade in the vehicle they ask, but they have to go by your word unless they can see for sure it has been painted. Even if you have stripes painted for looks, they automatically asume the car was hit and you had it painted like that after it already needed to be painted.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #104
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Painted on stripes can be removed if they were painted over clear. Might cost you a few hundred in labor if you don't do it yourself though. Also, if you go with vinyl you can just peel them off.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:04 PM   #105
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
A documented dealer installed option still carries weight, so don't discount the value of an LPO (Limited Production Order) number on your order/build sheet/window sticker.
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #106
DET MUSL
Let's Go Wings!

Drives: 2005 Cobalt SS/SC
It will be interesting to see what kind of warrenty these stripes will cary (if they'll be included in the 3 year/ 36,000 mile bumper to bumper.
GMPP Stage 2
K&N CAI
Vibrant Racing Muffler
Carbon Fiber Hood w/ SS style scoop
Black Wheels
Best 1/4 Mile Time
13.8 @ 101.4mph
DET MUSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #107
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by DET MUSL View Post
It will be interesting to see what kind of warrenty these stripes will cary (if they'll be included in the 3 year/ 36,000 mile bumper to bumper.
EXACTLY. They will undoubtedly have a minimum warranty of 1 hour. That should be plenty of time to inspect the stripes before you accept the work performed. If there is a problem, find it right away and have it fixed. No
Old 10-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #108
CWI
Helping Build America

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
I have to say that making Cyber Gray over Black stripes an option from the factory is a huge mistake. Most people will want their stripes put on by the factory, because it is done right and you know there is no sand paper particles, dust, dirt, ect... under your stripes. If the dealer does it there is a chance of this happening, which can scratch the paint and ruin the stripes, depending on which dealer you go to for the stripes.

My point is that I would say the two most popular stripe colors are white and black, therefore white and black should be options from the factory and orange, silver, and cyber gray should be dealer installed stripes, considering more than likely they will be chosen less than a white or black stripe package. Or offer all of them from the factory, or at least Black, white, and Silver, and make Orange, Cyber Gray and maybe a Red and Blue as a dealer installed option. I know alot of people that are going to go with Cyber Gray stripes on their car versus Black stripes because they want the factory to do it. But, I refuse to do this and put Cyber Gray Stripes on my Rally Yellow SS, I will ahve to setle for dealer installed Black Rally Stripes or have them painted on, even thoguh it would lower the value of my car on a trade in or resale due to the fact that it isn't stock.

And, yes painting your car does lower the value on trade ins because once the car has been painted the dealership doesn't know if it has been in an accident or not, and whenever you trade in the vehicle they ask, but they have to go by your word unless they can see for sure it has been painted. Even if you have stripes painted for looks, they automatically asume the car was hit and you had it painted like that after it already needed to be painted.
Read post #107 above, stop
Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #109
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Read post #107 above, stop
I'm not crying, I just would prefer if my stripes were done by the factory, as most people wpuld. And I think that most would agree that Black is a more popular stripe option than Cyber Gray, which is a new unseen color. The fact is I'm in the business and no matter what if those stripes go bad, the dealer will take care of it for me, that is not what I'm worried about. I'm friends with many Chevy Dealer owners, I just don't want stripes comnig on and off my brand new car over and over due to someone not knowing what they are doing. My brother had dealer stripes put on his '05 Mustang. They weren't done right and bubbled a week and than a month later, the dealer took care of it both times and two years later even gave him new ones free all he had to do was tip the guy who did the work, but it's a pain having to have them do it over and over risking a scratch on my new Camaro is not something I'm looking foward to!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 AM   #110
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
it will all work out, i know that when my parents tahoe was detailed by the dealer it was amazingly clean so i would trust them to prepare and install the stripes.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 AM   #111
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
No one wants to put out a crappy car/job. If there is a mistake, find it and they will fix it. I know you will want to take your car right then and there, but you WILL have to wait!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:47 AM   #112
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Are there any drawbacks to having vinyl stripes put on BEFORE the clear coat? I don't think the factory would do this, but does anyone know why? Wouldn't that keep the nicks and scratched off the vinyl, help keep the vinyl from peeling up on the edges, and produce a glossy painted look like the rest of the car that people like? (Matte black stripe people are an exception)