Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 05-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #15
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Is this still on?
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #16
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 View Post
Is this still on?
Yessir, the coordinator just got the packet yesterday and will be posting meet up times tomorrow. We generally meet up at Cameron run park in Alexandria and then cruise over as a group.

You're welcome to bring the car out if interested.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #17
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
Might be interested in this, depends on the time it starts. When will that be posted?

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:00 AM   #18
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Orange 2SS-RS View Post
Might be interested in this, depends on the time it starts. When will that be posted?

I'm still waiting on Marc to put up what time he wants to meet at the park. A quick search shows the parade starting at 2 p.m. which is the same as it has been in the past, so typically we'll meet up at Cameron Run park in Alexandria at 11 a.m. and then cruise over as group to the staging point around 11:30. Once there we'll hang out and talk to the veterans and walk around to look at other floats and events going. We'll come back to the cars around 2 p.m. and once signaled will roll into the parade route.

I'm 99% confident in those times as it's been the same times for the last 3 years I've participated. If you know for sure that you plan on coming, please let me know so I can keep track of the car count and not leave anybody behind in case they get caught in traffic or something.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #19
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
Thanks, will discuss with wifey and let you know.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #20
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Orange 2SS-RS View Post
Thanks, will discuss with wifey and let you know.
Sounds good, as I've said above it's a blast and doesn't actually eat up the whole day. I've always had time to make it home to mingle with family and friends after the parade.

I just got the official schedule as well for those who are coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytmare View Post
Ok everyone... here's what's goin' on. We'll meet at Cameron Run Park (see below for link to directions) and will leave the park at 11:15am Monday morning. I plan on arriving at the park around 10:30am. Make sure you show up with a fairly full tank of gas. We will not be stopping on the way to the Mall. Keep in mind you'll be idling through Washington, DC streets for a a good bit. That eats up a lot of gas... particularly if you're rocking heads and a cam. Don't forget that getting out of DC after the parade is not easy and takes some driving as well.

http://www.nvrpa.org/park/cameron_ru...and_directions

It appears as though the weather going to be good. The forecast is calling for a high of 88 with a 10% chance of rain. For those of you who have participated before, you may remember that sometimes they stage us in the shade and sometimes they don't. According to the paperwork, they're pre-staging us right in front of the Air & Space Museum (between the museum and the mall). Make sure to bring LOTS of water (enough for yourselves and the Screaming Eagle vets), snacks, sunscreen, medication (if necessary), and anything else you think you may need for the day. We've also found that folding chairs are better than sitting in the dirt. There are places to get food if you're looking for some lunch while there. There's a McDonalds (limited menu) outside the Air & Space Museum as well as a cafeteria in their basement. There are restrooms in the museum as well (not to mention air conditioning, which sometimes makes for a nice break from the heat).

Safety message: THERE WILL BE NO BURNOUTS EITHER AT CAMERON RUN PARK, THE PARADE STAGING AREA, OR IN THE PARADE. Anyone who violates that will be asked to leave. That's all I'll say about that.

Don't forget your cameras!! There's a lot of cool and crazy stuff to see and there will be thousands of people walking around. While I hate to say it... with that many people walking around, make sure you keep a close eye on your stuff. It would suck to come back to your car and find a bag you left on your front seat has been taken.

If you're driving a convertible, you'll be up front, T-Tops are next, followed by hardtops. Please be sure to bring whatever you need to protect your seats, tops, or whatever as some of the vets will be sitting or standing in areas of your car that weren't necessarily designed to be sat or stood on. But where they sit or stand is entirely up to you.

If anyone needs to get a hold of me... my cell number is (540) 226-3068. Don't hesitate to give me a call if you need something. This is particularly important if you're going to be late getting to Cameron Run Park. I have parking cards that I must provide everyone so that they can get into the parade route/staging area. If you get there after we leave... you'll miss out. If you do miss us at the park, give me a call and we might be able to meet up somewhere near the Air & Space Museum where I can get you the parking passes to get you into the staging area.

I'll be leaving the Fredericksburg area (Golds Gym behind the WaWa at Rt3/I95) at 9:30am and meet up with the Stafford folks at the Marine Corps Museum. We'll leave Stafford at 10:00am so as to get to Cameron Run Park by 10:30am.

Thanks and see everyone Monday morning.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #21
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

If you are sure you are going please PM me so I can keep count. We are limited to 13 cars by the parade coordinators and I have 8 accounted for and would hate to have some show up and not have space for them.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #22
dirtymax70

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Is there room for me to bring down my zl1? I am interested in coming down if so!
dirtymax70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 PM   #23
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymax70 View Post
Is there room for me to bring down my zl1? I am interested in coming down if so!
Yes, I got your PM and replied. I believe you talked to Marc as well?

I have 10 cars now, possibly 11 so not much space is left.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #24
dirtymax70

I would like to join you guys in the fun if there is room for one more?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #25
dirtymax70

Sorry I posted 2 times. Doing this from my phone and didn't think first one went thru
Old 05-27-2012, 10:25 PM   #26
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Yes you can bring it out. I included you in the count in my last post. We well be meeting at Cameron Park in Alexandria VA around 10:30 a.m.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #27
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Ok now I have 11, pending 12. This is a great turnout, almost reached the limit for the firs time in a few years.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #28
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
any pics?
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote