Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Had PFADT ZL stage three package installed a few weeks ago. Without a doubt the most impressive modd I did to the car. Hard to put into words how much differently the car handles...
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #16
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
I feel your pain man. I ordered coil overs and camber plates at the end of May. Got the coilovers the next week but not the camber plates. I was told six weeks.....well here it is six weeks later and nada. Just asked for a refund since Pfadt told me they have no idea when they will be making them......now that is a WTF?

Ordered my ZL spec sways a few weeks ago and still don't have those. I was told this week they don't even have the bar stock to make the until next week. So I am hoping in a few weeks I will have them. NOT VERY IMPRESSED WITH PFADT RIGHT NOW!!
Hmm no bar stock...well that's troubling. I guess it's all been lies about the bars being at the powder coater for the past two weeks. They need to get their story straight with a number of orders outstanding....
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #17
Jim Burke

Drives: 45th 2SS Coupe
Yea I've been waiting about the same amount of time.

Kinda frustrating, especially because I was told they were supposed to be ready to ship last week. Now no one seems to know when they will ship

"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports… all the others are games."
– Ernest Hemingway

"If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough."
– Parnelli Jones
Jim Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
PM me the details on your orders and I will keep you guys completely in the loop. I know the guys in the back are working overtime to build and test everything and have it sent out as fast as possible. When you build 100% here in the states it gets harder to keep large inventory, but our stuff is top notch and well worth the wait!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #19
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Finished up putting on my pfadt coil overs tonight. These things rock!! Can't wait to hit the track! I guess the wait for these parts is worth it but it would be nice to get a straight story from the get go.

Very happy with the coilovers and will report back when I have adjusted them and have them dialed in.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #20
BalogUK
THE architect.

Quote:
Finished up putting on my pfadt coil overs tonight. These things rock!! Can't wait to hit the track! I guess the wait for these parts is worth it but it would be nice to get a straight story from the get go.

Very happy with the coilovers and will report back when I have adjusted them and have them dialed in.
Nice! Can't wait to get the rest of the package and install- hopefully Pfadt gets done sooner rather than later on the remaining parts-
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
Old 07-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
BalogUK
THE architect.

Any updates Eric?
Today is 4 weeks. No ETA, no explanation from Pfadt.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #22
BalogUK
THE architect.

Exclamation Pfadt fails to perform

Tomorrow is 5 weeks without an ETA on when Pfadt will ship the parts they've accepted money for. Apex how is this good business practice?? How do you guys support this level of care and knowingly keep their products for sale knowing damn-well that it may be MONTHS before the customer may receive their orders?
http://www.apex-speed.com/pfadt-race...e-1450030.html
Old 07-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

I would say don't blame Apex. They are just the vendor. This is all on Pfadt. I am 3 1/2 to 4 weeks for just sways. Don't even get me started about the camber plates.

Just glad I have my coilovers installed. They shipped right away and were on my door step in less than five days.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #24
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Bars powd coated? Mine were just painted it appeared, scratched easily
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #25
BalogUK
THE architect.

Angry

Quote:
I would say don't blame Apex. They are just the vendor. This is all on Pfadt. I am 3 1/2 to 4 weeks for just sways. Don't even get me started about the camber plates.

Just glad I have my coilovers installed. They shipped right away and were on my door step in less than five days.
I certainly don't blame Apex for this. What I am upset with is that they've closed out the order as if there's no issue, and further that they don't post that the items are back ordered or are long-lead. If I would have known it was going to take 5+ weeks I think I would have chosen an alternate product-- before my card is charged any money taken.

At this point I don't even talk to Apex any more because they have even less info than I do. I call and email Eric, Aaron and Robbin over at Pfadt and no one has a clue. They keep saying its a small shop but yet they can't figure out where the parts are in their assembly status. Inexcusable.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #26
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

I can only agree with you on that man.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #27
BalogUK
THE architect.

So I talked to Rob at Pfadt this afternoon. It only took 5 weeks to finally have a legitimate conversation about their manufacturing process. The problem is not resolved but at least I understand. All along, I must admit that he crew at Pfadt have been professional and courteous- no matter how angry I am....they however refused to answer my questions directly- until Rob.

The total manufacturing timeline for the ZL spec sway bars (front and rear) is approximately 8 weeks. This is from bar stock to boxed and ready to ship. Rob has informed me that this production batch is approximately two weeks out. They are currently having the flat adjustable mounting plates cut, drilled and welded to the bar. After this the bars will be shipped out for powder coating, shipped back to Pfadt a couple days later for final assembly and shipment processing. This batch had experienced a brief delay due to bar stock arriving late, but they have pushed to get this batch prepared on schedule due to the extensive backlog.

I expressed to Rob that I would have much rather heard that the bars were 8-9 weeks out due to being a new production batch than to be fed liiitle portions of partial truth along the way. He agreed that they have not handled their customer communications as well as they could have.

So, I still don't have my bars but I now at least understand the process timeframe and when to better expect the shipment. A simple five minute call and some honesty....what a novel idea.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:41 AM   #28
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Hope mine are in this run!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalogUK View Post
So I talked to Rob at Pfadt this afternoon. It only took 5 weeks to finally have a legitimate conversation about their manufacturing process. The problem is not resolved but at least I understand. All along, I must admit that he crew at Pfadt have been professional and courteous- no matter how angry I am....they however refused to answer my questions directly- until Rob.

The total manufacturing timeline for the ZL spec sway bars (front and rear) is approximately 8 weeks. This is from bar stock to boxed and ready to ship. Rob has informed me that this production batch is approximately two weeks out. They are currently having the flat adjustable mounting plates cut, drilled and welded to the bar. After this the bars will be shipped out for powder coating, shipped back to Pfadt a couple days later for final assembly and shipment processing. This batch had experienced a brief delay due to bar stock arriving late, but they have pushed to get this batch prepared on schedule due to the extensive backlog.

I expressed to Rob that I would have much rather heard that the bars were 8-9 weeks out due to being a new production batch than to be fed liiitle portions of partial truth along the way. He agreed that they have not handled their customer communications as well as they could have.

So, I still don't have my bars but I now at least understand the process timeframe and when to better expect the shipment. A simple five minute call and some honesty....what a novel idea.

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote