Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
BulletSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM M6
College Grad discount expires today

Based on what I have heard, the college discount expires today. I have not heard of any renewal, or extention for it from GM.

Buy today if you have it.

Past rides:
2000 Camaro SS
1997 Camaro
1992 Camaro RS
1980 Camaro
BulletSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSS View Post
Based on what I have heard, the college discount expires today. I have not heard of any renewal, or extention for it from GM.

Buy today if you have it.
Sorry but it expires every month and every month it gets renewed. Been this way for years so need to worry.

Just to add, Supplier and Employee also expires every month. Just because you see an expiration date for these programs does not mean after that you can not get the discount. It is only there to allow GM the ability to change the pricing of these discounts at the beginning of the month.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
I have my # just in case, it's good til 2/28/09
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
diecast17
Manual, Polished Wheels

Drives: 2LT/RS Transformers Edition
Send a message via AIM to diecast17
Do you know how I could get this discount?
diecast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Go here.

https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cgp
Old 10-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
hokie5449

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2LT/RS
Do dealers have to apply this discount if you eligible? I already ordered the car from a dealer and we agreed on MSRP (TPW 11/02). I signed up for the discount through the link above and sent the authorization number to my dealer. I guess I'll hear back from them tomorrow and we'll see.
hokie5449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
nwotank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Rally Yellow
my dealer said he would not honor this or the credit union discount, just the $500 60 day thing
nwotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
diecast17
Manual, Polished Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwotank View Post
my dealer said he would not honor this or the credit union discount, just the $500 60 day thing
They should have to honor it. GM should back it if it's their program. If not GM should exclude the Camaro from the offer.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #9
n-shane@hotmail.com

Drives: 2010 MAROOOOOO
Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast17 View Post
They should have to honor it. GM should back it if it's their program. If not GM should exclude the Camaro from the offer.
im eligible for suplier through company, credit union discount, student discount, and other. my dealer ont do any. neither would the 02138447627846238742 around california.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #10
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast17 View Post
There are federal laws that prevent GM from doing this.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #11
diecast17
Manual, Polished Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
There are federal laws that prevent GM from doing this.
I don't understand who does that help protect?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #12
Cmaro214

Drives: 2010 ABM 1LT/RS Camaro "Blu Bruzr"
so seeing that the latest college discount ends nov 1, when do they typically renew or put a new date up. and how would this be done when it comes to the dealer. say i order one tomorrow and give the college info, and they say ok we will take it(as the dealer told me before) but when nov 1st comes around and the car is not delivered yet, and the dealer tells me sorry had to be in by the 1st. then what do i tell them, it is renewed and that they better give the price we agreed on? when i asked my dealer a week ago about it, they were all clueless about it which didnt get my hopes up. but the salesman said if there are any discounts or offers out there that are valid we will give it to you and not try to hide em, that made me feel better.

oh what do you know just checked site, says 11/2/09 now.

and draco, from what you said about the dates expiring and renewing, so is that date pretty much irregardless to the buyer and is more so for GM to keep itself in check?
Cmaro214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #13
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmaro214 View Post
so seeing that the latest college discount ends nov 1, when do they typically renew or put a new date up. and how would this be done when it comes to the dealer. say i order one tomorrow and give the college info, and they say ok we will take it(as the dealer told me before) but when nov 1st comes around and the car is not delivered yet, and the dealer tells me sorry had to be in by the 1st. then what do i tell them, it is renewed and that they better give the price we agreed on? when i asked my dealer a week ago about it, they were all clueless about it which didnt get my hopes up. but the salesman said if there are any discounts or offers out there that are valid we will give it to you and not try to hide em, that made me feel better.

oh what do you know just checked site, says 11/2/09 now.

and draco, from what you said about the dates expiring and renewing, so is that date pretty much irregardless to the buyer and is more so for GM to keep itself in check?
Yes the expiration date on the website means NOTHING to buyers. I'll say it again in really big letters since some people here still don't get it.

IGNORE THE EXPIRATION DATE ON THE WEB SITE! IT ALWAYS RENEWS AT THE START OF THE MONTH!

The only date that means a d*mn when getting your supplier/college discount is the date printed on your piece of paper that you print off after you applied for a confirmation number online. This is the date that you have to have your car delivered by and this is the date the dealer will go by when he determines if your are still eligible.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #14
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
hmmmm...if my car isnt delivered by then the exp date on the paper, can i get a new one? i ask because i printed off my paper because i was about to go buy a car, but then the deal fell through, so i ordered one, and it prob wont be in by the time that paper expires...
caper is offline   Reply With Quote