Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
Brokenlizrd

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to Brokenlizrd
New to Suspension (look over list please)

BMR Fabrications Trailing Arms (139.95)

BMR Adjustable Rear Toe Rods (199.95)

Spohn Rear Tubular Sway Bar (149.50)

Spohn Front End Links (95.00)

What do you guys think?
What else should i add?
Any order i should order the parts in?

Thanks, I'm new to suspension work
Brokenlizrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
Xtreme Innovations & Fab
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenlizrd View Post

What do you guys think?
What else should i add?

Hi Brokenlizrd, my name is Craig with Xtreme Innovations in Luxemburg Wi, about 45 miles from you , give me a call and I can go over some things with you on what your looking for and what your goals are for your car.
Xtreme Innovations & Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
Brokenlizrd

Just interested in tightening her up a bit for the track and protection.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
Xtreme Innovations & Fab
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think your best bang for your buck to start with is ftr. and rear sway bars,
we are working on finishing our rear suspension parts ,those will be done soon. right know we offer the frt. and rear sway bars , strut tower braces, coil overs,and frt.tubular engine cradle.. I
Old 04-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
A Camaro in OE trim tore through testing at the Nurburing. A stock Camaro is a lot of car. So when you say you just want to tighten it up, could be be a bit more specific?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #6
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:

What do you guys think?
What else should i add?

Hi Brokenlizrd,

We have a ton of products available for your new Camaro. If you are interested in track products, we really want to recommend some of our suspension components to you. Recently at the Camaro5 Fest, both class-winning cars in the Autocross competition, exclusively featured our suspension products. As an engineering company, we do a lot of proper CAD design and analysis of our components before we even begin to track test them. This ensures to give you the lightest, stingiest solutions available. Take a look at some of our products, ask me any questions etc. We are here to help everyone. Thanks for your time!

Camaro Product Line

Our Sport Package (Drop springs and Sway Bars) testing at the track:

Our new Strut Tower Brace

Rear Trailing Arms and all bushings

Adjustable Tie Rods

Rear Adjustable Sway Bar (in our Sport Package and Sport Package Plus)

Full set of Adjustable Endlinks
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #7
Brokenlizrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
A Camaro in OE trim tore through testing at the Nurburing. A stock Camaro is a lot of car. So when you say you just want to tighten it up, could be be a bit more specific?
I would rather spend money on stronger parts then repairing broken parts when the cars ready for the track. As in launching and such. Will be auto x too.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
JusticePete

Quote:
I would rather spend money on stronger parts then repairing broken parts when the cars ready for the track. As in launching and such. Will be auto x too.
Got it. What is your current RWHP and planned RWHP? Will you be running slicks, drag radials or street tires?
Old 04-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
Brokenlizrd

Stock. Plan on doing suspension work before any performance. As for tires i havent decided yet. Prob slicks or drag radials
Old 04-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #10
2quick

Drives: none
options

Is this a daily driver? maybe some lowering springs would be good. Not just for looks but performance.
This is the order i would suggest. You will see the most change in this order.

Spohn Front End Links (95.00) you will want to do these at the same time as the lowering springs.

What else should i add? springs maybe?

Thanks, I'm new to suspension work We all had to start somewhere. Just glad to be able to help.

We have some of the items on our website. You may want to have a look. Hope i was able to be of some help.
http://lsrperformance.com/
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #11
JusticePete

Quote:
Stock. Plan on doing suspension work before any performance. As for tires I haven't decided yet. Prob slicks or drag radials
In OE trim, nothing should break. There is a thread with a tranny issue, but that problem is limited to an early run of vehicles. One of your most important mods will be to have your GM / Chevy Dealer do all the vehicle computer updates. There are updates for launch control and wheel hop. Start there. It is FREE.

I have been working on R & D for the Camaro four just over four years, starting with the Pontiac G8. The blue and yellow 5th Gen race car shown at SEMA 2008 had a number of Pedders bushes and bits. As they tested that race car, it became clear that the OE bits were robust. They added no chassis braces and ran stock arms on what is a Grand Am Challenge Race car.

What they changed should be of particular interest to what you should change. The #1 priority they had was to replace the front rubber and glycol radius bush. It is a large fluid damped bush and most people with even the most limited track experience do not want to depend on hydraulic filled bushes under race conditions with the great loads race tires place on suspension. What was then GM Racing contacted me. From math data we custom made radius bushes for their race cars in less than two week from request to delivery. #1 on your list for sure stopping is the basic OE rubber stop urethane replacement, it is a snubber in GM speak EP6578 radius bush inserts. Your could move to the larger more aggressive EP6569 or go full race with a full bush.

#2 on your list would be EP1200 sub-frame inserts. Pedders inserts work with your OE rubber bushes that mount the sub-frame to monocoque. The OE bushes are heavily voided to control cabin NVH. There are numerous videos floating around showing just how much they move to prove why your have to buy sub-frame bushes because you bought a car with bad parts. Once again, allow me to remind you that a bone stock Camaro ran outstanding times on the famed Nurburing. The Camaro is a VERY fine automobile bone stock. Can we teak it and get more performance -- absolutely. That is what the sub-frame inserts do. They fill the ORM voids and make the IRS assembly stable and solid.

On GM's prototype race car they use Delrin, a hard plastic for the sub-frame bushes. It is a race car and no one cares how much noise is transmitted to the cabin. Delrin will function well, but it is high maintenance. It wears out. Pedders inserts are a moderate durometer that will settle down the IRS, but and virtually no noise and last next to forever. They are easy to install as they work with the OE bushes. The next level we have is an EP1201 full urethane replacement. The material is denser, harder. They are more efficient. Finally we have what we call Delrin for the street. It is a very hard urethane that will last forever. It will perform thisclose to Delrin without the frequent maintenance. For the hard core Pedders EP1201HD is the answer.

Do the inserts and drive your car. Take a couple of test runs at the strip. You will be pleased and till have a Camaro that is virtually as quiet with an OE quality ride and should have no worries about breaking suspension parts. The Pedders Camaro has been beaten on by some of the best drivers around. Chris Brannon 8 time SCCA Road Racing Champion and Paul Tracy Indy Car Champion. The Pedders car has NO chassis braces and runs stock arms. We do run a full Pedders suspension along with a unique 305/30/19 wheel set up on 19x10.5 wheels all around. Paul and Chris like to jump corners. That puts a ridiculous load on the OE arms and components. NOTHING HAS BENT OR BROKEN -- NOTHING.

Your Camaro is among the best built cars on the road. Take a slow measured approach and you will be very pleased with the results while not breaking the bank. As for sway bars, those er the FINAL tuning element for any vehicle. They are the LAST STEP in setup. Always, ALWAYS start with the foundational issues on a vehicle. In a Camaro that means we start with radius and sub-frame bushes. Then we move to dampers and coils. After all the bushes, dampers and coils are in place we add the final tuning elements -- sway bars. Many of our customers find that as they move through a modest lit of upgrades, the sway bars they originally went shopping for are not needed. The car drives as well or better than they wanted it to by stabilizing the foundational elements of the vehicle.

If you have any follow up questions, I'll be happy to reply.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #12
guyjusthere

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
wow... a pic or two may help, but that is one informative write up...
guyjusthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyjusthere View Post
wow... a pic or two may help, but that is one informative write up...
give me a couple of minutes and I will have exactly what you want.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Xtreme Innovations & Fab
Account Suspended

pm. sent