Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #15
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchBlade View Post
Congrats on TT!
Thanks!

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
manual or auto?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #17
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
I dropped my car off at IPS this morning. Hoping everything goes smoothly and I get her back soon!
Congrats!! Ips might be the only company I'd trust for a twin kit. They are top notch.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 PM   #18
HP Turbine
Boosted

Auto. And seeing the things they I done in the past, I trust them 110%

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #19
HP Turbine
Boosted

You're the best. Everyone knows it!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #20
HP Turbine
Boosted

So the start of this build had some snags and is moving a bit slow. This gave me a lot of time to about additional upgrades. I've been thinking about the strength of the stock torque converter. I'm thinking it would be easier to get a stronger billet and stall converter put in before stuffing two turbos around the tranny. I know I would get gains with a stall converter.
So would the stock TC fail from the extra power?
Is the TC even the weak link in the 6L50 and I have worse things to worry about?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #21
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
So the start of this build had some snags and is moving a bit slow. This gave me a lot of time to about additional upgrades. I've been thinking about the strength of the stock torque converter. I'm thinking it would be easier to get a stronger billet and stall converter put in before stuffing two turbos around the tranny. I know I would get gains with a stall converter.
So would the stock TC fail from the extra power?
Is the TC even the weak link in the 6L50 and I have worse things to worry about?
I've put my 6L50 through a beating and it's still ticking. We are working on getting a multi-disk converter created. It will take a while, but I think that's the route to go. Not being able to lock up the single disk is going to kill the top end for us. We really need to be able to lock in 4th gear if we can.

I still think the weakest links are the hyper-crap pistons and the differential on the autos. The axles we got are toothpicks. Yes, the autos are easier on the drivetrain than a manual, but still those axles scared me when I compared them to what's on the SS.

That probably doesn't help much, does it? I guess I would suggest waitning on the torque converter until we have some more options. In the mean time, try to pick up a used differential, axles, hubs and driveshaft from a M6 SS. You can usually pick them up for less than $1K and get it installed for about $200 (or do it yourself).
Old 03-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #22
HP Turbine
Boosted

There is plenty of help in there. I saw that you mentioned of a mulit disk before. Maybe I should hold out until then. I just hate the idea of tuning and adding something then re-tuing.
I know that the diffs are weak. I would love to swap mine out at some point. As for the pistons, I didn't really want to go into the engine.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #23
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
There is plenty of help in there. I saw that you mentioned of a mulit disk before. Maybe I should hold out until then. I just hate the idea of tuning and adding something then re-tuing.
I know that the diffs are weak. I would love to swap mine out at some point. As for the pistons, I didn't really want to go into the engine.
Go conservative with the boost and the tune and the pistons will probably be fine. Nice thing is with the LFX they can watch the data log in real-time as they tune it on the dyno. That should allow them to bail out if they see it going bad after a tweak.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #24
HP Turbine
Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Go conservative with the boost and the tune and the pistons will probably be fine. Nice thing is with the LFX they can watch the data log in real-time as they tune it on the dyno. That should allow them to bail out if they see it going bad after a tweak.

HAHA. Good enough for me!

I didn't have any plan to go crazy on the boost. We figured it would be easy to drop a ZL1 tank pump in if the fuel delivery dies out before we wanted it to. Not sure how much gain it will really give until the HPFP gives up.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #25
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
What? No smokey burnout picture yet !
Old 03-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #26
HP Turbine
Boosted

Nothing yet Rick! It's almost been a month now since I dropped my car off. I honestly think the shop bit off a little more than they could chew when it comes to projects there . I know they are working pretty hard to get Terri's car (darth_emma) put together.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #27
GretchenGotGrowl

Quote:
Nothing yet Rick! It's almost been a month now since I dropped my car off. I honestly think the shop bit off a little more than they could chew when it comes to projects there . I know they are working pretty hard to get Terri's car (darth_emma) put together.
JHC, what more are they doing to that car??? That thing's a total beast as it is/was.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #28
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
Well Id rather they take the time to do it correctly the 1st time,Im sure it will be worth it !