Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #99
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
OP,what's the big deal with these mirrors? I mean what's so special or better about them that you would replace the already perfect OEM ones? Serious question. I'm looking at the pics and wondering,"am I missing something here,they look worse than OEM".
There's LEDs on the other side
Old 10-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #100
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
OP,what's the big deal with these mirrors? I mean what's so special or better about them that you would replace the already perfect OEM ones? Serious question. I'm looking at the pics and wondering,"am I missing something here,they look worse than OEM".
They are replicas from the concept Camaro.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #101
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I understand that, if I wasn't happy my mirrors I'd let AAC know and give them the chance to fix it. But what I'm saying is, how often (with your OEM mirrors) do you look behind the mirror?
should not have to do that.....PERIOD!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #102
AKA-22

Quote:
Members do have the right to post their comments, reviews, experiences, with vendors - I'm not stopping the OP (or anyone else from doing that). No posts have been deleted, nor will any posts be deleted.

I'm not in anyone's/any vendor's "pockets" as saying, I'm giving my opinion on the mirrors. Ive had my mirrors since Fest and the unpainted inside housing has never been an issue for me, because I never see it. Out of sight out of mind right as the saying goes.

My comment about the OP returning was not meant to sound harsh or callous. I simply stating that if he is unhappy with the product he received then he should return it. And it annoys when I see all the these about member's complaining about a vendor's product before they've given the vendor a chance to respond/correct the issue.

If you look in all of the "AAC sucks" threads, and scroll to the end of the thread you'll see that AAC did whatever it took to make sure the customer, OP, was happy.
they only do those things because you have to threaten them with paypal then they will do the very least to help you out.......and who is this guy stinger anyway????
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #103
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
they only do those things because you have to threaten them with paypal then they will do the very least to help you out.......and who is this guy stinger anyway????
I have never had to threaten them with PayPal, not make any other kind of threat in order to get them to help me out. If/when I have an issue I simply send Jonathan a PM and he takes care of me.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #104
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
I have sat on the sidelines for a couple days and here is my 2 cents...

The OP has every right to be upset about the condition of mirrors. They dont look good. I would have given ACC a little more time to get back to me before starting this thread. This is how vendors get a lot of their business on sites such as this, and negative and/or positive threads should be created after all options are exhausted/completed.

With that said, these forums are imperative for feedback on these vendors. We all rely on one another to get positive negative feedback on products and vendors. This is why this site is so valuable. Some of my purchases have been directly affected by feedback on here.

New products have glitches and let's hope that ACC can fix these glitches if there more like this one. We know quality control has been an issue. But let's give them the chance to make this right. I hope the OP gets satisfaction at the end of this... that is the whole goal here.

I am impartial here and just hope this gets resolved correctly for the OP!
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #105
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
I have never had to threaten them with PayPal, not make any other kind of threat in order to get them to help me out. If/when I have an issue I simply send Jonathan a PM and he takes care of me.
Same here. A simple PM or a phone call does the job.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #106
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
I have sat on the sidelines for a couple days and here is my 2 cents...

The OP has every right to be upset about the condition of mirrors. They dont look good. I would have given ACC a little more time to get back to me before starting this thread. This is how vendors get a lot of their business on sites such as this, and negative and/or positive threads should be created after all options are exhausted/completed.

With that said, these forums are imperative for feedback on these vendors. We all rely on one another to get positive negative feedback on products and vendors. This is why this site is so valuable. Some of my purchases have been directly affected by feedback on here.

New products have glitches and let's hope that ACC can fix these glitches if there more like this one. We know quality control has been an issue. But let's give them the chance to make this right. I hope the OP gets satisfaction at the end of this... that is the whole goal here.

I am impartial here and just hope this gets resolved correctly for the OP!
I agree with everything you have said except one part.

The beauty of the forum is you can always post updates. If you have a problem, feel free to Post about it right away. If they come crappy, no need to wait for anyone to respond or make things right before you post. However, It is your responsibility to stick with the thread and document any progress or changes to the situation and let the rest of us know if things are corrected.

Before I deal with a company, I want to hear all the good and all the bad. No need to sweep it under the rug saying eventually everything was ok. I've orders these mirrors, and now that I've seen this, I'll know what to look for. Do I EXPECT them to come damaged, no, but it's comforting in a way to know that if something is wrong "you're not the only one".

Last edited by dorfmac; 10-01-2012 at 07:39 PM.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #107
AKA-22

Quote:
so if you personally have never had a problem with ACC then that means no one else has either ...Really!!!!the side markers I bought should of had a disclaimer that said these side markers are not legal before you buy it...yeah i talked to Johnathan too but i still got a no!! too bad......
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #108
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I agree with everything you have said except one part.

The beauty of the forum is you can always post updates. If you have a problem, feel free to Post about it right away. If they come crappy, no need to wait for anyone to respond or make things right before you post. However, It is your responsibility to stick with the thread and document any progress or changes to the situation and let the rest of us know if things are corrected.

Before I deal with a company, I want to hear all the good and all the bad. No need to sweep it under the rug saying eventually everything was ok. I've orders these mirrors, and now that I've seen this, I'll know what to look for. Do I EXPECT them to come damaged, no, but it's comforting in a way to know that if something is wrong "you're not the only one".
I completely agree with that. I am referring to people that put vendors on blast without contacting them. I know the OP contacted them and their response time may not have been adequate for his expectations. And in htis case I agree with OP on response time on a product just launched. What you said above is the reason why I have and have not bought anything from certain people. The reason I made my own sidemarkers
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #109
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
I completely agree with that. I am referring to people that put vendors on blast without contacting them. I know the OP contacted them and their response time may not have been adequate for his expectations. And in htis case I agree with OP on response time on a product just launched. What you said above is the reason why I have and have not bought anything from certain people. The reason I made my own sidemarkers
I feel you. I've spent a lot of money with AAC (well over $2k) - mostly has worked out, but not without a few flaws. Having read these types of posts before I ordered, I knew what I was getting myself into and made a conscious decision to take that risk and when something regarding quality control/customer service did arise, I was significantly less pissed than had I been blindsided.

Can't wait to get my mirrors and really enjoy all of their products I've used. Just hope mine come flawless
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:12 AM   #110
twentytwelvebee

Drives: 2012/2ss "transformers edition"
ok folks, so I feel like I need to respond to a few of the posts over the last few days. When I started this thread it was after I called AAC-no answer. I emailed them directly-no response. I sent them a PM and their inbox was full. Some of you feel that me "blowing up" was pre-mature, and that I should have waited a few days or a week for AAC to get back to me about my concern. Here's my thoughts-when I read the initial thread that AAC was concidering fabricating the camaro "concept" mirrors, I was stoked. I followed the thread religiously for months and I was the first to "pay in full". They posted pics of their progress over several months and I was more than pleased. When the mirrors arrived I was expecting them to look like the pictures they had posted, but unfortunately they weren't completely painted, scratched, and the paint had been rubbed off on a few corners. I'm sorry that several people here think i'm bitching about what may seem petty, but I was expecting to have a product delivered that wasn't flawed to the extent that I received. Only two parties know all of the details, AAC and myself. They are in the process of handling it. So until I receive my replacement mirrors and update the status of them, please dont speculate or make negative comments on how I should have dealt with the situation.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #111
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
ok folks, so I feel like I need to respond to a few of the posts over the last few days. When I started this thread it was after I called AAC-no answer. I emailed them directly-no response. I sent them a PM and their inbox was full. Some of you feel that me "blowing up" was pre-mature, and that I should have waited a few days or a week for AAC to get back to me about my concern. Here's my thoughts-when I read the initial thread that AAC was concidering fabricating the camaro "concept" mirrors, I was stoked. I followed the thread religiously for months and I was the first to "pay in full". They posted pics of their progress over several months and I was more than pleased. When the mirrors arrived I was expecting them to look like the pictures they had posted, but unfortunately they weren't completely painted, scratched, and the paint had been rubbed off on a few corners. I'm sorry that several people here think i'm bitching about what may seem petty, but I was expecting to have a product delivered that wasn't flawed to the extent that I received. Only two parties know all of the details, AAC and myself. They are in the process of handling it. So until I receive my replacement mirrors and update the status of them, please dont speculate or make negative comments on how I should have dealt with the situation.
Well said!
Please keep us updated.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #112
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
Well said!
Please keep us updated.
I've seen way too many threads like this, which is what has kept me from ordering LED sidemarkers, light up bowtie and various other things from AAC. Too many issues with their products to ignore at such high price points.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote