Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #71
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Tracy, you need to update your website to reflect that these items are on backorder. Nothing chafes me worse than seeing an item is in stock only to have to wait for it like the OP is. It's a sleazy sales practice. There are several web vendors who I will no longer deal with because of this.
Gee, and yet someone else that can see things the way I do.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #72
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHT View Post
I have been waiting almost 2 months for my catch can, 3 weeks ago they told me it would ship by the end of the week. The following week the told me I would receive shipping number, And a week and 1/2 later still no word on it.
Sounds like my story. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets the run around.

It matters no more because Tracy just cancelled by order. So, not only was I out of $150 for over a freaking month. And not only have I been left hanging with lies via email about shipping dates that obvious aren't met. But now I've been racking up roughly 500 miles on my car without a damn oil catch can.

That's fine. Because this story will give me 150 reasons why I will always choose a big thumbs DOWN whenever the subject of RX comes around.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #73
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
Sounds like my story. I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets the run around.

It matters no more because Tracy just cancelled by order. So, not only was I out of $150 for over a freaking month. And not only have I been left hanging with lies via email about shipping dates that obvious aren't met. But now I've been racking up roughly 500 miles on my car without a damn oil catch can.

That's fine. Because this story will give me 150 reasons why I will always choose a big thumbs DOWN whenever the subject of RX comes around.
Your engine performance will not change calm down dude
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #74
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Your engine performance will not change calm down dude
While this might be true for such short miles I still would be pretty upset with both how their website says in stock and also with the way Tracy addressed the OP earlier. Tracy is a good guy that will go out of his way to help with just about any problem you might encounter but in my book the way he was speaking earlier is no way to speak to any customer.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #75
FY_Ivan
Black Mamba

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Wow... I think a lot of people are missing the point when they told the OP to keep on waiting. The problem is that RX STILL hasn't updated their website to indicate backorder so customers aren't misled. Whoever manages that website needs new software, because it's not hard for an e-commerce website to put in the system that they have xx number of items of this product (including a small backorder), and as soon as that number is reached in sales to automatically set the item as unavailable. When they get more in stock, update your available # appropriately. No need to work 10+ hours with this set-up, customers are given realistic information and are then given an up front decision to wait for their item, or buy a competitor's. Everyone is happy, and RX's reputation doesn't suffer.

What bothers me is that they seem to embrace the backorder, and are happy with the revenue it's producing at the expense of customer satisfaction. RX... eventually people will wise up and not buy your product no matter how good it is, it is in your benefit to take customer satisfaction seriously. And I am shocked at the way 'Tracy' responded to a customer, calling him a crybaby and saying 'I give up on you, i just want to give you your money back'. WHAT?!?! 5 weeks in and now he won't even get it?!?! No matter how rude a customer is, if you speak for the company you should always act in a professional manner. Expedite the order, or offer him a free seafoam cleaning or something since he's so close to you, and then go and fix the origin of the problem, which is your software!! RX could have handled this much better and made the OP look like an idiot, kill him with kindness if you will, but their responses have made themselves look awful. Take a hint from other vendors on this forum, and don't overreact or attack the people that pay your bills.

Heritage Grille | Gen5DIY Halo & DRL Harness | LEDs - DRLs, dome, trunk, license plate | ZL1 rear and RPI front splash guards | CAI Inc. Cold Air Intake
Elite Engineering Catch Can | Oracle Ghosted Sidemarkers | FR ZL1 style wheels | VMax Black Ported TB
Old 05-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #76
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
If the truth were posted it would be a different story.

FY ivan,

I posted that the OP has refused to PM his name/address or any contact information so we could followup on this. He just choose to slam us, and the same with Blues.

We finally got his email from the forum and refunded his $.

This could of all been avoided if he had even sent us on PM for status and resolution and he did not. Read my relies.....I searched through nearly 1000 PM's and found none for his user name. We, and for that matter no one can read minds and magically find someones name and contact to even verify they are a rear customer (like the links blue posted put up by A;

A former employee that embezzeled over $142,000 from us.

A local website owner that failed to pay for heads/cam/FAST intake/billet throttle body/tune (over $6800 build) and decided to instead move the focus from his scam to slamming us.

Local competitors here that seem to not have the confidence to succeed on their own merits and have to attack others with fabricated stories and of course the blind followers that can be manipulated into doing whatever they are asked to do.

We found the OP's contact last night and have refunded him in full.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #77
SC2150
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
Tracy, you need to update your website to reflect that these items are on backorder. Nothing chafes me worse than seeing an item is in stock only to have to wait for it like the OP is. It's a sleazy sales practice. There are several web vendors who I will no longer deal with because of this.
Will, I agree.

Have asked the webmaster do please do this....not sure why it isn't, I have no knowledge on how to....I am near 60 years old and haven't a clue how to change it.

I have in every thread on the cans here though posted the lead time and the reasons for this hoping that will do.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #78
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
It is a long time. A freaking long time that my engine has been probably getting oil blow-by inside the intake system. The thought of that crap burns my ass so much.

Only thing worse is the feeling of getting strung along by the emails telling me my order will be shipping soon.

I'm so far in to this ordeal which means I need to stick it out until my can comes in. The harm has already been done so canceling my order and waiting on a new one won't make much difference now.

I know RX products are top notch ( had RX on my other Camaro) and make no excuses for them, but would like to chime in on the above in regards to your engine concerns !

I have a Stage III build by Livernois Motorsports and at the time of the build by them, I asked about installing a CATCH CAN for the same issues you address above and they "Livernois" stated they do NOT use or recommend the use of CATCH CANs for thier type of builds!

Furthermore if needed , you would think GM would have put it in as they have everything else built for the track on the ZL1 ( diff / oil coolers )

I have a RX can collecting dust
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4

Last edited by thespymaster; 05-23-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #79
SC2150
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
I know RX products are top notch and make no excuses for them, but would like to chime in on the above in regards to your engine concerns !

I have a Stage III build by Livernois Motorsports and at the time of the build by them, I asked about installing a CATCH CAN for the same issues you address above and they "Livernois" stated they do NOT use or recommend the use of CATCH CANs for thier type of builds!

Furthermore if needed , you would think GM would have put it in as they have everything else built for the track on the ZL1 ( diff / oil coolers )

So you fine with your intercooler clogged and the rotors n the SC thrown off balance by the deposits taking bearings out?

Below is an intercooler with only 15K miles on it with no catchcan:

And a ZL1 with the RX can installed at new....this is 16K miles:

If your fine with that, then by all means, do not add a can.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #80
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
I'm pretty sure the 1LE comes with a factory catch can. Not sure about the Z.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #81
ripcurl329

Drives: 2012 SS/RS 45th & 1970 SS/RS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Hey Do you want to sell your RX can to me? PM if you do. Thanks

Kenny Powers: Sure, I’ve been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I’m not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren’t as good. That used to be called patriotism.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #82
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
So you fine with your intercooler clogged and the rotors n the SC thrown off balance by the deposits taking bearings out?

Below is an intercooler with only 15K miles on it with no catchcan:

see, this is exactly the reason why I wanted the can so badly. I know my engine wouldn't blow up w/o the can, but I damn sure didn't want my insides to look like that crap.

I'm sure my intercooler and whatever else that's inside that area probably is well on its way to looking like that sh*t above. and to think all this could have been avoided had your company done THE RIGHT FREAKING THING by telling customers the item would be long out of stock on the damn website.

you and your company are a real first class act.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #83
SC2150
Account Suspended

Bumblebee. You refused to PM me for the past month your name or any contact info to track yours....we finally got your email from the site here, determined who you were, and have refunded your$.

All could have been avoided if you had just done as asked and let us at least know who you were.

Now please move on and get someone else's product.

We offered free install, free upper induction cleaning, and did all we could but by NOT taking a minute to at least PM us so we could track this it is clear you had no intent of anything but to slam us and that's been done.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #84
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Bumblebee. You refused to PM me for the past month your name or any contact info to track yours....
whatever you say Tracy. you keep saying that I've been at fault by not making any attempts to PM with this issue. so, let me show you some time lines:

4/15 - ordered placed
4/19 - email from Karen telling me the item was on back order status 2 to 3 weeks.

- not sure what day exactly but I did send you a PM asking what's up with my order. no response. someone on the forum then said you were on a temp ban for something. (gee, no surprise there...)

5/3 - email from Karen telling me my order would be ready to ship by 5/10 - this is almost four freaking weeks after my order was placed.
5/14 - email from Irene telling me my order will be shipping in the next day or so.

and yet still nothing. I tried to call MULTIPLE TIMES to complain and to get any straight answers but no one ever answers your damn phones. (again, no surprise there.) that's when I decided to start this thread so people on this forum could see what kind of business you run.

Closed Thread