Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-13-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Ten Signs You've Become A Detailing Junky

So I'm detailing my Camaro tonight and I thought these up. Thought you guys would enjoy. And yes, they're all from experience...

Ten Signs You've Become A Detailing Junky...
1. You have more bottles of detailing product than you have bottles of beer in your fridge (and I've got a lot of beer in my fridge).
2. You stop to pick up a gallon of milk and your wife has to hold it while you move microfibers, detail spray, quick wax, etc. to make room in the trunk for it.
3. You can run a polisher for hours, while bending in odd directions, without getting fatigued.
4. You have over $1000 worth of high output lights in your garage... and it's still not bright enough.
5. You clean your car better than you clean yourself.
6. You wash your microfibers more often than you wash your clothes.
7. You are constantly on the lookout for a parking space that is nowhere near trees, birds, people, other cars, and pretty much everything else.
8. You hate to open your door to get in because you might leave a smudge on the handle.
9. You get more upset over bug guts on your bumper than you do about spilling hot coffee on your lap.
10. You stop at the auto parts store to buy oil and the guy ringing you up says nice car and tells you they have "great microfibers" on sale and you stare at him like he's got three heads.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Haha these are pretty awesome! Sometimes I tread the line of being so OCD about the car being perfect, it almost makes me not want to have a nice car. That's when I have to tone it down and remember to enjoy it more.
One for me is that I'd rather smell detail spray more than food, women, or pretty much anything
Old 06-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
I think I'm in trouble too....
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:40 PM   #4
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Nice work - my wife will get a laugh out of this.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #5
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Love number 7. My girlfriend gets so frustrated with me when I'm parking. I'll pull in a space and she will make a movement to get out and I have second thoughts and tell her I need to repark and she throws a fit.

I remember once we out one night and she was in heels. I parked next to a curb that had rocks on the other side of it. When we came back to the car after dinner she stumbled in the rocks and grabbed on to the window of my car door to support herself. The first thing that came out of my mouth was, "Don't put weight on the window like that!!!!" Of course I had a nice response back about how I was more concerned about my car's window then her rolled ankle.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
Minge

Drives: 2013 2SS
I was thinking about this today. For every hour I drive my car I spend a half hour cleaning and detailing. Today for no reason I just backed it out of the garage threw a coat of glaze on it and waxed it. Did not really need it but it is cheaper then a therapist so I throw on the pandora radio in the garage and away I go. My neighbors think I am weird. Yes I have more detail products then bottles of beer no question. I have to go now and wash my micro fiber towels...of course with blackfire micro fiber cleaner from my cart.
Minge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I have numerous bottles of sh*t that I have never even opened, bought them all because I "needed" to. call it detailers fog LOL

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #8
LBreezie

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th anniversary
1.) when you keep a bucket full of cleaners for upholstery, rug, paint, wheels, and top.
2.) you actually start to look for specific cleaners to wipe the vinyl stripes that came with your car, instead of just using the same soap for the paint like normal people
3.) you keep a microfiber towel in the car with you incase you want to wipe something down real fast.
4.) you detail the interior at stop lights (find myself doing this now and then)
5.) when you own all the tools a professional Detailer would have like a buffer and air compressor to use on your own cars
6.) when you use a community of camaro enthusiast to pick your top cleaner
7.) when you get a relaxing feeling when you detail a car, and is a stress reliever
LBreezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #9
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
You spend more time on Autopia, grazing through over 80 brands of premium car care, planning on what to purchase in order to take advantage of our rewards program, so you can save money on your next order, all whilst using your 10% off forum discount?!
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #10
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Shameless plug? Lol.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #11
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
When you spend more time washing AND drying your wheel wells and undercarriage than your neighbor does washing their entire car and more often.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #12
DylanVK

Drives: a few
You plan your weekend around the weather, and not because you have outdoor activities, but because you washed your car and don't want to risk it getting rained on.

1967 C/10 PROJECT TRUCK | DETAILING EXPERT | CRAFT BEER ENTHUSIAST
DylanVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #13
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post
You plan your weekend around the weather, and not because you have outdoor activities, but because you washed your car and don't want to risk it getting rained on.
ah but you also know that if you wash your car, it WILL rain

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #14
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
You are unwilling to drive your baby for fear of soiling it...unless you are bored and want some detailing therapy afterwards to keep you occupied.