Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #29
littleman54321

Drives: Something
bump
littleman54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #30
littleman54321

Drives: Something
Well, decided to call my electrician friend for some hep. He resoldered the wires, and helped me splice the leads into the pink +12 and the black ground. Works fine. WOO! No more rolling my window down, opening the door and leaning out so I can punch in the code....
littleman54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #31
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I've had some requests to do some research into this as people with 1SS's are wanting to add these and not necessarily have to solder onto the module's board. I've found the part # of the connector and terminals. This is going to be a mod as opposed to a harness replacement. I don't have a 2SS harness to go from but, I'm guessing that there's a solder splice of the power and ground to the harness somewhere in the roof area for the homelink switches. The mod would consist of the connector I provide with the power and ground wires and a couple butt crimps to splice into the existing wires. I need to find out how many people would be interested in this so I can inquire about getting the connector. You can either PM me or post your interest in this thread.

thanks
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #32
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Go for it Darth.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #33
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Is it possible to replace the harness? It seems to me that would be the best way to go if we know the part# and if it does not require removing some sort of crazy parts of the car to get to.
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #34
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

The harness goes from the roof to behind the dash. There is no way in hell I'd want to take all that apart just to put in a built in garage door opener. If it was just a simple harness replacement that would have been my first suggestion. Modding the existing harness is unfortunately the only way to go, as far as I know. I still need to open up my panel and look for myself. My preliminary research indicates that it's going to be a mod situation though.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:14 AM   #35
2010IBMSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS RS
I would also be interested...Jonathan is the man!!
2010IBMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:15 AM   #36
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I got the connectors for this but no pins. I'm working on a solution. I've got to build a few more Aux Gauge harnesses so, I'll try to fit in finding a solution to this as well over the next few days. I'll keep everybody updated.

****edit

waiting on Delphi/Packard to get back with me on the pins. I originally had my parts lady try to go through them but, I just think she checked the website and didn't find them. The girl I talked to at Delphi couldn't find them in the databases she has so she sent one of the component engineers my info and what I was looking for. Hopefully, he can find them for me and get me some samples. If that fails then I'm going to have to try and rig something up using the connector. I'm not giving up. Just need more time.

Last edited by Darth Martel; 05-26-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:34 PM   #37
luke.st.john

Drives: Soon: 2010 Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey, you didn't by chance take a few photo's of the connector for your replacement mirror did you? I have a 2SS and am thinking of getting a LCD enabled mirror from an acadia and installing it for a back up camera but am trying to find whatever details I can on the wiring of the stock mirror first.

Cheers.
luke.st.john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #38
American Muscle

Drives: #26 Tom Henry Racing 2010 1SS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftz33 View Post
I sent the Gentex 50-GENK6A mirror back to Mito Corp since Mito Corp could not deliver a wiring harness patch cable to make the older style connecter on the mirror connect to the new style connector present in the 2010 Camaro. I waited a LONG time for this cable and they were still several weeks away from having one.

I then checked with three different Chevy parts departments to confirm what part number was correct for the OnStar capable auto dimming mirror found in the 2LT/2SS Camaros. It is 13503048.

I ordered the 13503048 mirror from gmpartsdirect.com for a total of $103.60 (shipped). I just received it today and installed it in about 5 minutes. I pulled the Camaro out of the garage and tested the OnStar button and it worked.

I pulled the Camaro back into the garage and closed the garage door (to simulate night time). I used a flash light as my "light source from behind" to see if the mirror did in fact "dim". It did.

Success!

If you have a LS/1LT/1SS with a flip mirror, you can purchase GM mirror 13503048 to get the same mirror found in the 2LT/2SS Camaros.

The auto dimming mirror is "bigger" (height) than the flip mirror, but only by a 1/4". It really didn't seem like a huge change (to me).

So there you go....
thats awesome, i've been wondering this ever since I got my camaro as I loved the auto dimming mirror in my old car, am def gonna order this, thanks for the part # and tellin us your research!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #39
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I finally got a response from Delphi/Packard and they're shipping me some terminals for the connector. I'll just be making a simple kit for these for you to splice crimp splice into the existing wires for power and then simply plug into the homelink board as originally intended. Sorry about the crimp splice but, that's the only way I have to tap into power. Whoever is interested in one of these please send me a PM.

thanks

Darth
Old 06-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #40
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Ask and ye shall receive. Here are the mod harnesses. This isn't anything extravagant. It's just a two wire thing. It's the homelink connector with the two terminals populated and the wires measuring about 9 inches (which should give you plenty of room to work with) and with spade terminals on the end. Also included are the crimp splices. Simply crimp these onto the appropriate wires and then plug in the spade terminals. Here are a couple pictures of what I came up with.

I made a couple of these already, as you can see, so these are ready to ship out. I have enough for 6 total. Those interested can PM me and we can discuss a price.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #41
Hupperware

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Metallic 1LT
Send a message via AIM to Hupperware Send a message via MSN to Hupperware Send a message via Yahoo to Hupperware Send a message via Skype™ to Hupperware
Your harness is making it almost possible... think there would be a way to create a T connector that would tap the existing module shown below? Would make it plug and play...

Hupperware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #42
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Is it possible? Yes. Is it practical? Not really. I'd have to find a female connector for that connector to plug into and I'd also have to find that connector so, I could make a passthru harness. It's not an easy task to get these connectors and it would make the cost go up significantly. Using the splice crimps is very easy and only slightly alters the factory wiring. You can take the crimps off later and simply tape up the wire if so desired. This mod harness would be my suggestion but, I could look into a passthru harness if enough people wanted to explore that.