Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
vincentcostales

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Taillights are working but one bulb doesnt blink when using turn indicator

Hi.

I got an on-dash warning to check left rear turn light. One of the left tail light doesnt work when using turn indicator, but it works when headlamps are on. I was expecting multiple bulbs in the tail light housing. something like my Audi TT where there is 1 bulb for brake light, 1 bulb for park light, 1 bulb for turn indicator and so on. When I pulled the bulb out of the tail light housing, I was surprised that there are only 2 bulbs on each side. 1 bulb doing everything. Firstly,I assumed that the bulb was busted but when I pulled it of, the bulb was lit. It just doesn't blink. Can anyone help me with this issue?

If the problem is caused by fuse, can anyone tell me the location of the fuse and the number. Thanks.

Vincent

Last edited by vincentcostales; 02-27-2013 at 02:22 AM.
vincentcostales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #2
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentcostales View Post
Hi.

I got an on-dash warning to check left rear turn light. One of the left tail light doesnt work when using turn indicator, but it works when headlamps are on. I was expecting multiple bulbs in the tail light housing. something like my Audi TT where there is 1 bulb for brake light, 1 bulb for park light, 1 bulb for turn indicator and so on. When I pulled the bulb our of the camaro, I was surprised that there are only 2 bulbs and each side. 1 bulb doing everything. My firstly assumed that the bulb was busted but when I pulled it of, the bulb was lit. It just doesn't blink. Can any one help me with this issue?

If the problem is caused by fuse, can anyone tell me the location of the fuse and the number. Thanks.

Vincent
You need to buy a new bulb, they have different jobs. If you have a friend push on the break pedal while you look, it won't light up. But if you have the lights on, they will be on. I am not a light expert so I do not know the correct lingo, but the bulb has two different jobs i guess.
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
vincentcostales

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentin24 View Post
You need to buy a new bulb, they have different jobs. If you have a friend push on the break pedal while you look, it won't light up. But if you have the lights on, they will be on. I am not a light expert so I do not know the correct lingo, but the bulb has two different jobs i guess.
Thanks... I will try to switch the bulbs of the tail lights as soon as I got home. I will keep you posted. Thanks.
vincentcostales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
Trentin24
Trentin24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Anytime, cost me 5 bucks i believe for a pack of two.
Trentin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #5
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
An easier way is to turn on the 4 ways or use your remote to blink them.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no light, taillight, turn indicator