Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #141
BC 2010
BC 2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS M6 GFX SR
Congrats on your built,Words cannot describe your mods. I hope to see
your camaro at Paradise April 15th.
BC 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #142
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC 2010 View Post
Congrats on your built,Words cannot describe your mods. I hope to see
your camaro at Paradise April 15th.
Thanks very much BC, appreciate the kind words!

I'm already registered for the Paradise event, so you will see me there....Hopefully my ZL1 bumper comes before then

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #143
ElektraSS
Elektra SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Congrats man! Car looks great, well deserved.

2010 Aqua Blue, K&N CAI, RK Side skirts, hood, and spoiler. Borla Exhaust/CATS, 22 TSW Wheels, Fidanza Short Shifter and Flywheel, performance chip, Halo's. Twin Turbo in progress!
ElektraSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #144
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Sorry im late been of C5 lately due to personal issues, but congratulations on COTW!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #145
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektraSS View Post
Congrats man! Car looks great, well deserved.
Thanks you sir, much appreciated!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Sorry im late been of C5 lately due to personal issues, but congratulations on COTW!
Hope everything's ok Farthestnorth, no worries.....Important stuff comes first...Thank you!!

Adding these made by Lupe at River City Creations, SicK Work Lupe!!! Thank you

Old 03-31-2012, 12:40 AM   #146
JHall651

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Ashen Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Oh not at all J, I knew it was all positive!! Yes I did get the harness offered by Fieldgoal and his service was excellent! I used the switched option so I have a LED switch ring right above my lights, so I can turn on & off at will, because the model I have is the 2SS/RS, so they used to go off at night (Stupid idea IMO) I got the White Plasma bulbs for the DRLs and it's a perfect match, that's the one you want! Thank you bro!
Cool. So if I understand you correctly you installed a switch to turn the DRL on and off at will? If so do you have a picture of how and where you installed that switch?
JHall651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #147
DoggyB22

Drives: 2001 Camaro Z28, 2016 Camaro SS
Bad ass Camaro man.... Awesome work!

01' Camaro Z28
H/C/I & a 200 shot 450 rwhp & 420 lbtq NA. TBD on spray
16' Camaro SS
LME 416, cammed, high ram intake, ported LT1 heads, stalled. 600 rwhp 550 lbtq
DoggyB22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:23 AM   #148
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Sweet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Thanks you sir, much appreciated!!!

Hope everything's ok Farthestnorth, no worries.....Important stuff comes first...Thank you!!

Adding these made by Lupe at River City Creations, SicK Work Lupe!!! Thank you

What? That is going to look so cool...That is what I love about Camaro5.com--the endless ideas....Kronix, you got another great one on your hands!....ABL99

You know it to be true Tim, GET THE FAMILY BACK TOGETHER. I WISH I WERE CLOSER. I WOULD HELP IN ANY WAY I COULD....KURT...
Old 03-31-2012, 11:19 AM   #149
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHall651 View Post
Cool. So if I understand you correctly you installed a switch to turn the DRL on and off at will? If so do you have a picture of how and where you installed that switch?
J, you are 100% correct, my DRL/Fogs are now controlled by this switch

Which you can get from Jonathan @ AAC. In the next post I will show you how we mounted it. I plan on putting another Oracle LED Ring Switch right next to the first one when I get my ZL1 bumper to control the Projector Fog Lights that also come with that bumper. See next post for more pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyB22 View Post
Bad ass Camaro man.... Awesome work!
Thanks much Doggy, kind of looks like your rocket except a C5...Nice ride!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
What? That is going to look so cool...That is what I love about Camaro5.com--the endless ideas....Kronix, you got another great one on your hands!....ABL99
Looks cool & will serve an important function too ABL99, Lupe @ River City Creations (a Forum Sponsor) does outstanding work & is a major contributor to the aftermarket C5 world! I can see an Aqua Blue with some red accents Strut Tower Brace looking pretty sweet on that rig of yours!! Maybe even more custom pinstriping!!!

And I will let you know about that 68 I've heard about, I thought of you instantly when Ray told me about it & the price....I said immediately "Get me pictures!!!" It is a 1968, was always hoping to one day get a 69 so we'd be the same age, but if that 68 SS is everything I've heard & at that price it may be hard to resist. You'll see the pics as soon as I get them.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #150
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Might have to give that some thought!! Man, I can hardly wait for the 68 SS pix....got to see the girl.....sounds promising so far...
Old 03-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #151
Kronix

Quote:
J, so I showed you the switch that was used to power ON/OFF the DRLs.
Here's what we did to it. Keep in mind the pins on the back are EXTREMELY delicate....Ask me how I know

We definitely went a little overkill, but after breaking pins on the first switch, I ordered 2 more, one as a back up. But when you see the completed switch you'll see why we went this route. Solder, heat shrink & hot glued!
If you have the means, I would recommend doing what we did to the switch to make it bulletproof!!!

Again, the Oracle LED Ring Switch $19 from AAC

Wiring Diagram

We also made our own

Bottom of switch, notice the pins (Very fragile)

Soldered each pin

Rubber Boots & Heat Shrunk on every wire

Broken switch is on the left, you'll notice the broken pins.

Once all individual wires were soldered & heat shrunk, we glued & heat shrunk them all together
Glued to base

Rubber boot over top

Heat shrunk

Now after hooking up the DRL harness(From Fieldgoal) in the front bumper
, because I chose the Switched option, had to cut the loop on the relay for harness (all this is included in the instructions from FG).

So we had to run those wires some how to the switch location on my console. Since I also added the Oracle Scanner Bars(Red & White) behind my grille, I wanted to wire them each to a toggle switch hidden under my dash. We did this because those scanner lights have hundreds of combinations of lighting and each has it's own wireless remote, so by doing this I can set them to the pattern I want with the remotes, then just turn off & on using the 2 hidden toggles.

I also had to run the wiring for the 2 gauges (Boost & Air/Fuel) some how into the cabin, and GM provided us with a nice sized hole plugged by a grommet right in the drivers side firewall just above the big, thick red power cable you see running through firewall, thanks for the FYI AngelSpeedFreak. You should be able to see it when looking with a flashlight.

Here is the hole in firewall & conveniently it comes right out behind the carpet above the pedals inn the drivers footwell. Couldn't be a more perfect location because you also have the fuse box right there as well.

Follow the red cable to firewall

Easy access to drivers side fuse box

Here are the 2 toggle switches that power on/off the Oracle Scanner bars. Hidden under the dash, near the OBD-II port
View from below

View from inside, hot glued as well.

And last but not least, to finally answer your question Jhall, where I mounted the DRL LED Switch? Right along with my other lighting controls, and as mentioned, I will also mount another LED Ring switch once my new ZL1 bumper arrives to control the 2nd set of Projector Fogs.

And as embarrassing as it sounds, I don't yet have a picture of the switch installed. But I'll have one for you on Monday, it's a perfect match for my ABL Blue lighting on the doors, dash, footwells & cupholder. But you should have a good idea by now of where & how I mounted the DRL & Scanner lighting.

Thanks again everyone for the positive feedback & for the CAR OF THE WEEK honor!!

Old 03-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #152
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
There is another option for switching. Here is what I used and it works great. Not a finished photo either but I didn't do any drilling on my dash. And it can control up to 4 devices. Finished it is all tucked up underneath. You can see some of the wire loom and LED footwell lighting I was installing at the time. I am currently trying to figure out a way to remote everything in my home link in the overhead.
Attached Images

2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #153
JHall651

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Ashen Grey
Wow! Thanks for the in depth response. I think I will take it a step at a time and just start with replacing those ugly bulbs Chevy decided to go with. On another note I did install my hurst shifter and Cat Back Borla exhaust. I love both. Funny thing is the company I bought the exhaust through accidentally sent me 2. Haha. I had to fight off the devil on my shoulder that was tell me to sell the extra for more parts but in the end the angel won and I called them to return the extra Borla exhaust system. Hopefully they remember what a nice guy I am when it comes time for me to order my SC, LTH and CAI.
JHall651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #154
Kronix

Quote:
Wow! Thanks for the in depth response. I think I will take it a step at a time and just start with replacing those ugly bulbs Chevy decided to go with. On another note I did install my hurst shifter and Cat Back Borla exhaust. I love both. Funny thing is the company I bought the exhaust through accidentally sent me 2. Haha. I had to fight off the devil on my shoulder that was tell me to sell the extra for more parts but in the end the angel won and I called them to return the extra Borla exhaust system. Hopefully they remember what a nice guy I am when it comes time for me to order my SC, LTH and CAI.
Haha
I can see the 2 little guys on your shoulders, keep em, give em back!!!
You did the right thing, karma always comes around! Check out the AAC Oracle Plasmas to replace the yellow DRLs, you won't be disappointed!

Nice set up Tom! Nice & simple

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx