Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-27-2015, 11:57 AM   #15
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Makes me feel a bit better, I currently drive a salt and pepper CGM. As I mentioned in a previous thread...frickin winter.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #16
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Well....the awd on these cars were meant for better traction on the track but yea I guess you could go 4 wheelin with it...lol... on another note I don't have a Lambo to drive in the summer let alone winter so good for him.

I wonder how long until someone slides into him but he has awd and alot of hp so he will get out of the way fast...maybe...
Old 02-27-2015, 06:10 PM   #17
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Only in Ohio.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:24 PM   #18
Drumminxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
Only in Ohio.
So true...
Old 02-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #19
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
just read an artical in automobile mag about daily driving exotics that would be me in a second if i had that cabbage.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:40 PM   #20
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Passed a really nice Maserati this morning... very dirty and salty... but still awesome looking. I looked, thought about the garage queen owners here and laughed.
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:57 AM   #21
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Believe it or not, some people look at vehicles as works of art. I am included in that group. I may only have a Camaro SS, but it never sees rain or snow. It is one of my weekend toys. A Lamborghini would obviously be the same.
Never sees rain? That's pretty intense.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #22
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer2 View Post
Passed a really nice Maserati this morning... very dirty and salty... but still awesome looking. I looked, thought about the garage queen owners here and laughed.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:17 PM   #23
Drumminxx

I have my camaro as my summer toy and my truck as my winter toy.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #24
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
Our Camaro never comes out in the rain, snow etc. It is definitely babied.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #25
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
I seen an Audi R8 that was winter driven a few weeks ago.

I didn't have my phone with me though.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:24 PM   #26
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
Mass produced items are rarely actual works of art. Crash yours and you'll be able to get another identically made (sans anything you've done to it). Try that with an original oil painting.

I think it's awesome to see someone driving their expensive vehicle all the time, despite its book value. They didn't buy it to have it rot in a garage. More time with that permagrin you V8 owners are yapping about all the time. More is still more, right?

I got my car washed the other day for the first time in almost 60 days. By time I got it home it was literally coated in road salt again. For all you know, this car was only on the road for that one day. That's why it was 60 days and not 2-3 weeks like I usually try to. Just throwing good money out the window.

Maybe their Mercedes is in the shop.
Thats all fine and good there guy...your car your choice. However, SOME of us take pride in our vehicles regardless of what it cost or if its mass produced or whatever and we make sure its in a pristine condition as often as possible. I wash my car just like i wash my A$$, as often as possible.....nobody likes a dirty A$$ car....except maybe someone with a dirty A$$ with Dirty A$$ tendencies...LOL! I think how you maintain your stuff is a direct reflection of how you maintain yourself...thats just MY 10Cents.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:42 PM   #27
Drumminxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Thats all fine and good there guy...your car your choice. However, SOME of us take pride in our vehicles regardless of what it cost or if its mass produced or whatever and we make sure its in a pristine condition as often as possible. I wash my car just like i wash my A$$, as often as possible.....nobody likes a dirty A$$ car....except maybe someone with a dirty A$$ with Dirty A$$ tendencies...LOL! I think how you maintain your stuff is a direct reflection of how you maintain yourself...thats just MY 10Cents.
I concur
Old 02-28-2015, 05:12 PM   #28
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
some peoples kids...
lol pretty serious assumption

I know plenty of guys who bought high end cars themselves, who drive them in the winter.

If you can afford to buy one, replace one, than why not?

My Camaro will never be driven in the winter just because the car means a lot to me. But I guarantee you my next car, whether it is an R8 or GTR will be driven in the winter. Although Ill be getting a season wash pass, so at least it will be shiny for all the haters lol
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote