Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 06-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
FFPM73
Firefighter/Paramedic

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS M6 LS-3
Want to make a new club

With all of the "Camaro Clubs" around different states, I was thinking of starting a Kentucky/SW Ohio Camaro club. I like the idea of cruising to car shows, making new friends, and even doing "mod days" at my house or other members. I also think if we get this going, making our own shirts, logos, decals etc. Never know maybe even starting and/or sponsoring our own car show. Thoughts, ideas?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Zach
66ford pickup

Drives: Still lookin for a camaro
it takes ALOT to run a car club..... there is alot of communication involved and keeping up on a website to let people what events are in town. but im sure you can do it, you will have so much fun when you get it goin trust me.... but advise get some club cards so that as your walkin around town you can throw one on another fellow camaro owner windshield. saying that your a car club and would love if you could join. then have a website then can chat on forums such as C5. im pretty sure you can make a sub forum off of C5 as a meeting area. but anyways good luck! and have fun doing it!

1966 F100
352 V8
white/blue
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
it takes ALOT to run a car club..... there is alot of communication involved and keeping up on a website to let people what events are in town. but im sure you can do it, you will have so much fun when you get it goin trust me.... but advise get some club cards so that as your walkin around town you can throw one on another fellow camaro owner windshield. saying that your a car club and would love if you could join. then have a website then can chat on forums such as C5. im pretty sure you can make a sub forum off of C5 as a meeting area. but anyways good luck! and have fun doing it!
Good advice, especially the cards or flyers. Personally, I wouldn't restrict it to just Camaro's or even GM cars. Having a group of "CAR" friends is great and you get all different perspectives. A get together with a bunch of Camaro's, Mustangs, Challengers, Vettes, etc is very cool and makes for a sweet looking cruise for the people you go by.

There are some BB software that are free. They don't offer much in terms of options but not bad for a club that's just starting out. Once you get going, you could ask for "dues" that could pay for proper software and hosting that is ultimately customizeable.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #4
Zach
66ford pickup

Drives: Still lookin for a camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Good advice, especially the cards or flyers. Personally, I wouldn't restrict it to just Camaro's or even GM cars. Having a group of "CAR" friends is great and you get all different perspectives. A get together with a bunch of Camaro's, Mustangs, Challengers, Vettes, etc is very cool and makes for a sweet looking cruise for the people you go by.

There are some BB software that are free. They don't offer much in terms of options but not bad for a club that's just starting out. Once you get going, you could ask for "dues" that could pay for proper software and hosting that is ultimately customizeable.
exactly, but its cool having all of the same type of car in a car club when you go for cruises.... i remember come that AZ central cruise the club got together and met at a cornor store down the road from the event and 10+ 2010-2011 camaros all rolled thru the streets together... seeing everyone around with there smiles and you can hear people counting...1..2..3..4 etc it was awsome

1966 F100
352 V8
white/blue
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote