Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #15
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
Density / types of people !!??

Like what , short ,tall, color of their skin ?
Just curious .
I think he means. Kids or adults. School zones are obviously slower than industrial areas.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #16
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
I do security, there are a lot of frames missing, all you are seeing is about 7.5 fps, that makes the car look like it is going a lot faster than it is.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #17
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
all you are seeing is about 7.5 fps, that makes the car look like it is going a lot faster than it is.
Exactly.

The real thing to look at is the amount of damage on both vehicles. It is not that much.

If the Camaro was really speeding the initial impact on the first vehicle would be much greater. Sepulveda speed limit is 35-45' which is consistent with the damage and length of skid marks.

Police could tell right away if excess speed was involved and would have arrested the driver if there was a clear case of excessive speed, especially with a death involved.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #18
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Why is it the smart people post toward the end of these post. To bad they don't test for that on Jury Duty... Oh well I guess a group of pears include the uninformed...

Sad for the loss of life and the injured, one thing from this you just never know when your time is up.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #19
msp2887

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Why is it the smart people post toward the end of these post. To bad they don't test for that on Jury Duty... Oh well I guess a group of pears include the uninformed...

Sad for the loss of life and the injured, one thing from this you just never know when your time is up.
Says the person who just confused to and too as well as pear and peer in his attempt to put others down for their so called lack of intelligence...
msp2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:15 AM   #20
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
He could easily get vehicular homicide.. Even if the accident wasn't entirely his fault if he was excessively speeding.. But sometimes your Camaro can get away from you.. Sometimes I'm cruising on the hwy and look down and I'm doing 90mph!!!.. Its an unfortunate event... Sad
They would have to prove Camaro Driver negligence, and in a case where another vehicle struck it, that seems pretty unlikely on the criminal level. That would imply the Camaro driver was 100% the cause of the death, otherwise they would need to charge both drivers with the crime.

Most people would sympathize with someone who was subjected to an accident as a result of another driver, even if they were speeding (to some degree).

On the civil side, some percentage of negligence can be allocated to either driver to pay out damages. However, a loss in the criminal case will significantly reduce the potential for payouts and would essentially be covered by most insurance policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
Sorry the Camaro drive is about 95% at fault. If he was not speeding he could have stopped before hit the people. He also would not have been there at the time. He should get 30 years with no chance of getting out early.
Look at the driver doing 150 plus. To me they is being an *****. Here is the link.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=364799
You're just being ignorant. You can't allocate any percentage of fault to anyone as you have no expertise in the physics of vehicle crashes. Let the experts decide who's at fault here, and don't pretend like you know just from some low-quality video camera footage.

Also, 30 years "with no chance of getting out early" is not even a possible sentence for this accident. Even if you accused the Camaro driver of INTENTIONALLY driving his vehicle into the victim without it being the result of an accident, it STILL wouldn't be what you claim. Don't just write inflammatory remarks because you feel strongly. It discredits your whole perspective.

Also, that thread has nothing to do with this type of incident. Clearly people can choose to drive as fast as they want in a controlled environment. It's legal on the track, and apparently in Mexico, so you have no argument against anything these people might consider doing. No one is driving 150 on the road you see pictured, except in a movie.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #21
Philar299

Drives: 2021 Forte GT
The camaro was going fast he is at fault yes.. but the other dumbass is to blame also..

Previous cars:
2014 V6 Spring Edition
2018 WRX
2022 K5
2022 Stinger
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #22
Z28COP

Drives: 2021 Crush ZLE
No! the fault is with the vehicle turning. You cannot pull out in front of someone who has the right of way, and then claim they were speeding, so it's then not your fault. If you did not see them, or did not judge their speed, that is your responsibility. The Camaro had the right of way. Charges MAY be filed if, and only if a determination of speed from the evidence, and it is an amount greatly above the speed limit. Speed formulas and crush analysis can only give you an estimate, and you cannot combine them for a result.
1-27-21 3400 TPW 2-8-21
2-04-21 3800 Built
2-26-21. 4300
3-08-21 Delivered
Z28COP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:49 PM   #23
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2887 View Post
Says the person who just confused to and too as well as pear and peer in his attempt to put others down for their so called lack of intelligence...
I noticed this as well. A group of pears! I nearly laughed out loud.

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #24
Paul Huizenga

Drives: 1991 Syclone, 2000 Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Paul Huizenga Send a message via Skype™ to Paul Huizenga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28COP View Post
No! the fault is with the vehicle turning. You cannot pull out in front of someone who has the right of way, and then claim they were speeding, so it's then not your fault. If you did not see them, or did not judge their speed, that is your responsibility. The Camaro had the right of way. Charges MAY be filed if, and only if a determination of speed from the evidence, and it is an amount greatly above the speed limit. Speed formulas and crush analysis can only give you an estimate, and you cannot combine them for a result.
Not completely accurate about the "judging speed" thing. We had a street racing fatality here in San Diego years back where a car headed the opposite direction made a left turn across the path of the cars that were racing, and a collision resulted.

I got a chance to talk to the police traffic investigators who worked the case, and it was pretty clear cut that if the oncoming traffic (which was almost an eighth mile away when the driver started to make her turn) had been moving at the speed limit, she would have cleared the intersection with room to spare.

But because it's very difficult to accurately judge the speed of cars that are coming directly toward you (in other words, just getting larger, and not changing much in angle), instead of having 15 seconds to clear the intersection, she had about 4.

It's very possible that the same thing happened here, and the driver of the car pulling out saw the Camaro coming, accurately judged distance (which is easy) but didn't recognize faster-than-expected speed, and made the decision to move without enough time to actually make it.
Paul Huizenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:45 PM   #25
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
This thread is a microcosm of the internet.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:23 PM   #26
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Speeding is speeding no matter how you slice it. That being said, what's the difference in going the speed limit versus going seven over in this accident?
Old 06-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #27
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Speeder as far as I'm aware is typically at fault. An SUV was turning into a parking lot in front of a speeding motorcyclist in my town and the person on the motorcycle died as he clipped the rear of the SUV. No charges against the car driver and he is not at fault is what the news stated. Excessive speeding by the motorcyclist was listed as the cause of the accident.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #28
Z28COP

Drives: 2021 Crush ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Huizenga View Post
Not completely accurate about the "judging speed" thing. We had a street racing fatality here in San Diego years back where a car headed the opposite direction made a left turn across the path of the cars that were racing, and a collision resulted.

I got a chance to talk to the police traffic investigators who worked the case, and it was pretty clear cut that if the oncoming traffic (which was almost an eighth mile away when the driver started to make her turn) had been moving at the speed limit, she would have cleared the intersection with room to spare.

But because it's very difficult to accurately judge the speed of cars that are coming directly toward you (in other words, just getting larger, and not changing much in angle), instead of having 15 seconds to clear the intersection, she had about 4.

It's very possible that the same thing happened here, and the driver of the car pulling out saw the Camaro coming, accurately judged distance (which is easy) but didn't recognize faster-than-expected speed, and made the decision to move without enough time to actually make it.
You are correct, I'm saying in order for us (in Ohio) to charge someone in this incident, we must be able to determine there speed with the evidence. If it's substantial, then yes, Reckless Operation or more serious charges can result. I'm just saying you can't take witnesses statements that someone was speeding excessively. Sad either way.
1-27-21 3400 TPW 2-8-21
2-04-21 3800 Built
2-26-21. 4300
3-08-21 Delivered
Z28COP is offline   Reply With Quote