Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-26-2011, 10:01 AM   #99
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Well for one I'm sorry that the car got scratched....But if you dont want your car getting damaged u need to rope it off....I understand most people know not to touch the car but things happen..Trust me has many cars I've been around loading and unloading and babysitting things happen.....
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #100
Mustang Killa

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th02ss View Post
Well for one I'm sorry that the car got scratched....But if you dont want your car getting damaged u need to rope it off....I understand most people know not to touch the car but things happen..Trust me has many cars I've been around loading and unloading and babysitting things happen.....

Ropes will be in line for next year.
Mustang Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #101
Becka1988

Drives: Dream Girl 2011 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Killa View Post
Ropes will be in line for next year.
I already put this out there but if you need a cute girl to stand next to the car and keep ppl from touching it, u know who to ask.

I KNOW the rules....nobody touches my baby w/o permission!

and i LOVE ghost armor!
Old 04-26-2011, 11:43 AM   #102
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becka1988 View Post
I already put this out there but if you need a cute girl to stand next to the car and keep ppl from touching it, u know who to ask.

and i LOVE ghost armor!
Hahah thanks! If we make it out that way or are both gonna be at a major event I will hit you up!

Thanks for showin shome love
Old 04-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #103
ACE Custom Steering

Drives: Camaro
To start, when I was informed of the complaint, I expressed to the owner of the vehicle that I did not have any knowledge of the incident and would contact the girls first, before placing blame.
We are car enthusiasts as well, and have several cars that we have built over the years. Much like yourselves, we take great pride in our works of art, and do not appreciate when others touch, lean on, or sit on our vehicles without asking. That is why one of the first rules we give to the people who work with us is to not touch a car, unless the owner of the vehicle gives permission.
From the looks of it, those scratches look pretty deep, and I don’t think they were caused by just passing by and running a hand over them. Those look more intentional, and made by someone who wanted to damage the car. Both the ladies who helped pass out flyers are car enthusiasts as well, and have been to a multitude of shows. They would never damage a car in that matter.
I would like to say that the way this thread has developed, a lot of disrespect has been aimed the two ladies who were walking around all day in heels, being friendly to anyone who approached them. They were kind enough to take pictures with a lot of member’s cars, posed the way they were asked, and did not flinch or say anything when Camaro5 owners wrapped their arms around their waists for poses. Shame on those who have expressed opinions on these ladies without any knowledge of their background or experience. I am not going to waste time justifying their existence, but it should be noted that this nurse and financial executive come to these shows because they love modified vehicles, and will now think twice before attending any Camaro/Chevy event in the future. Hell, they get better treatment and respect at LowRider shows. I expected a lot more from this demographic.
ACE Custom Steering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #104
ACE Custom Steering

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElManny View Post
lol. They modeled by my car all afternoon sat and no scratches at all
just saw your post Manny
Old 04-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #105
ACE Custom Steering

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I don't care what any car show models look like at any show, you should just keep your opinions to yourselves. Being disrespectful won't get you anywhere in life, or on this forum.
Spoken like a True TEXAS Gentleman !!!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:34 AM   #106
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE Custom Steering View Post
To start, when I was informed of the complaint, I expressed to the owner of the vehicle that I did not have any knowledge of the incident and would contact the girls first, before placing blame.
We are car enthusiasts as well, and have several cars that we have built over the years. Much like yourselves, we take great pride in our works of art, and do not appreciate when others touch, lean on, or sit on our vehicles without asking. That is why one of the first rules we give to the people who work with us is to not touch a car, unless the owner of the vehicle gives permission.
From the looks of it, those scratches look pretty deep, and I don’t think they were caused by just passing by and running a hand over them. Those look more intentional, and made by someone who wanted to damage the car. Both the ladies who helped pass out flyers are car enthusiasts as well, and have been to a multitude of shows. They would never damage a car in that matter.
I would like to say that the way this thread has developed, a lot of disrespect has been aimed the two ladies who were walking around all day in heels, being friendly to anyone who approached them. They were kind enough to take pictures with a lot of member’s cars, posed the way they were asked, and did not flinch or say anything when Camaro5 owners wrapped their arms around their waists for poses. Shame on those who have expressed opinions on these ladies without any knowledge of their background or experience. I am not going to waste time justifying their existence, but it should be noted that this nurse and financial executive come to these shows because they love modified vehicles, and will now think twice before attending any Camaro/Chevy event in the future. Hell, they get better treatment and respect at LowRider shows. I expected a lot more from this demographic.

I AM sorry that the inappropriate comments were made towards your ladies and I do give them credit for their tolerance to all of the car guys wrapping their arms around them for poses and being in heels all day doing it..

However, its matte/flat black vinyl..there is no depth to the scratches its not thick enough to have depth with out going through to paint. So that isn't a way to gauge whether it was vandalism or a mistake because if it were intentional vandalism it would have probably went through to the paint ( based on asking former 3M rep). In some ways its more delicate than paint and other ways its more durable than paint..either way I saw what I saw, and if they were truly under the "No touch with out permission mentality" I wouldn't have seen it...
Old 04-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #107
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I don't mean to be rude but unless you know ( saw them do it ) how do you really know? Just sayin.... and if you don't know the girls/women how do you know how they really are? Just saying......

My point being this unless you saw then do it then it is hard to really blame them, IF you did see them do it then take care of it then, not now.

My bigger point is we ALL, each and every one of us, LOVE our cars and do not want anything to happen to them from a scratch to a dent. When we take our cars to a public show and leave them unattended then things will happen, no matter what you do. IF that is too much then leave it at home. We all know how people dont respect things in todays society, yes even at car show, probably more at car shows.

Mine gets worse damage at car shows than at any other time I have owned mine. I guess it is just part of owning a cool car and showing it. JMHO
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #108
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becka1988 View Post

and i LOVE ghost armor!
count me in too!!

LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #109
Mustang Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I don't mean to be rude but unless you know ( saw them do it ) how do you really know? Just sayin.... and if you don't know the girls/women how do you know how they really are? Just saying......

My point being this unless you saw then do it then it is hard to really blame them, IF you did see them do it then take care of it then, not now.

My bigger point is we ALL, each and every one of us, LOVE our cars and do not want anything to happen to them from a scratch to a dent. When we take our cars to a public show and leave them unattended then things will happen, no matter what you do. IF that is too much then leave it at home. We all know how people dont respect things in todays society, yes even at car show, probably more at car shows.

Mine gets worse damage at car shows than at any other time I have owned mine. I guess it is just part of owning a cool car and showing it. JMHO

As stated previously I DID see them but was unable to interrupt the crowd of people I was assisting to run over and handle it.. The booth we had was slammed for the majority of the event..Which was great, but thats why I couldnt just drop everything and address it.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #110
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
Quote:
I AM sorry that the inappropriate comments were made towards your ladies and I do give them credit for their tolerance to all of the car guys wrapping their arms around them for poses and being in heels all day doing it..

really?? credit for doing their job?? no offense but plenty of women stand in heels all day AND some even walk around in them all day. its not that difficult to pose for photos and be nice to people. it does suck to have the guys who are inappropriate and make stupid comments but you just learn to deal and igonore it... i agree that the comments made toward the girls is wrong, if you dont like the way they look or whatever then don't get your picture taken with them. there is no need to be mean and hurtful...sorry off topic.. just my rant

LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #111
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
WOLVERINE!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #112
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
As stated previously I DID see them but was unable to interrupt the crowd of people I was assisting to run over and handle it.. The booth we had was slammed for the majority of the event..Which was great, but thats why I couldnt just drop everything and address it.
Killa I see your point. Kinda of a win lose situation for you. On one side you booth was slammed making alot of sales, good for you, on the other your car was kinda unattended gets a couple of scratches. Trust me I know how you feel about scratches, really sucks when you see them.

But there is always a silver lining, you made money, you car wasn't stolen, stripped, and trashed and you have your health. The scratches are fixable.

OBTW. I love the Ghost Armor Products I have
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote