Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
FS: Real carbon fiber rear diffuser.

This is a prototype CF rear diffuser that I bought before I sold my Camaro. I dont have any experience with working on cars myself, I always have a shop do my work. Instead of spending money to get this installed, this time I figured to try to install this diffuser myself to save on some cash. I was not able to get the clips lined up with the rear bumper. Long story short I wasn't able to get the diffuser installed on by myself and have now sold my Camaro. So obviously I have no use for it.

I would assume someone with more skill than me may be able to get it to fit or a body shop could modify it to attach differently. This part normally goes for right at $1000 but I am willing to let it go for $300 + shipping. The diffuser is beautiful and the weave looks incredible.

I can not guarantee fitment since I don't have enough knowledge in body work to know if it can be fitted properly (Sold as is). Although it is possible I just didn't know what I was doing when I attempted to install the diffuser (It wouldnt be the first time lol.) I assume someone with more skill than me or a body shop could get it installed properly or even modify diffuser or the clips to get it to fit correctly.

Don't forget to check my iTrader feedback to see all the feedback from my previous happy buyers .

Anyway, heres some pics. If anyone is interested let me know.

Thanks.

Real CF Diffuser - $300 + Shipping

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Maro99; 03-15-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Maro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
MyOrangeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm interested, do you have a set of CF side skirts to go with it? Please PM
MyOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Maro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOrangeSS View Post
I'm interested, do you have a set of CF side skirts to go with it? Please PM
PM Sent
Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
DZ28

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Riverside Blue
Very nice but $$$
Old 03-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #5
Ray@RDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Very nice!
Ray@RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I saw this just after you posted and I nearly had a heart attack. Its a super price on such a nice piece. I did some searching and as far as I can tell, the whole rear bumper needs to be taken off to install this diffuser . I would love to have this on my Camaro, but I have less skill than you with regards to installing body panels :(. I'll bump this for you
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 PM   #7
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I saw this just after you posted and I nearly had a heart attack. Its a super price on such a nice piece. I did some searching and as far as I can tell, the whole rear bumper needs to be taken off to install this diffuser . I would love to have this on my Camaro, but I have less skill than you with regards to installing body panels :(. I'll bump this for you
Removing the rear bumper takes literally 15 minutes. It's SUPER easy to do.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Stieger....you must be a really handy car guy . You are very reassuring to others that they can do whatever mods they are thinking about .

Would someone really need to remove the rear bumper section or just the OE diffuser?

And how would the carbon fiber diffuser be held on....with clips? I would grab it in an instant if I knew I wouldn't be getting into a nightmare.

And my brother would probably give me a hand and he's handy......he rebuilt a 67 Firebird with very little hand holding when he was only 17.
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
Maro99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
Stieger....you must be a really handy car guy . You are very reassuring to others that they can do whatever mods they are thinking about .

Would someone really need to remove the rear bumper section or just the OE diffuser?

And how would the carbon fiber diffuser be held on....with clips? I would grab it in an instant if I knew I wouldn't be getting into a nightmare.

And my brother would probably give me a hand and he's handy......he rebuilt a 67 Firebird with very little hand holding when he was only 17.
I dont know how to remove the rear bumper but I have heard that it is alot easier if you do remove it. Their are clips on the backside of the diffuser that go into slots in the bumper it also screws into a bracket on the bottom. As I stated in my OP, I have very limited experience with working on cars and I could not get it on. It may have been easier with the bumper off but I dont know since I never tried. That is the only reason I am selling so cheap. Because I can not give a 100% guarantee that it will fit without modification, since I wasnt able to get it installed before I sold my car. If I knew for a fact that it would fit with no modifications I would probably be selling it for close to 1K lol. Anyway, If you have any more questions or want to know my paypal address so you can send the money, just let me know .
Old 03-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #10
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Is this an OE replacement? The exhaust outlets seem larger than stock but it could just be the way it looks in a picture.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #11
Maro99

Listing on Ebay now, better get it before its gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Is this an OE replacement? The exhaust outlets seem larger than stock but it could just be the way it looks in a picture.
No it is not an OEM replacement.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #12
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Is this still available?

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote