Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #71
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
Go buy the Mustang.

Problem solved.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:18 AM   #72
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Thumbs down damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
I want no knowledge of the kind of women you are hanging out with...believe me.

It's nice to know there are chauvinistic pigs such as yourself still around. I thought this type of behavior was on a decline. What would all the trashy women of the world do if your breed died out? Maybe they would figure out that guys like you have some inadequate feeling about your manhood that has to be supplemented by a car. If you can't get a woman any other way than owning a "hot" car...I truly pity you.

I'll be sure to pass on the fact that I have "little knowledge" of women to my loving wife of 14 years. You know what? She's the love of my life. I wouldn't trade her for some white trash bimbo that would date me for my car. If I wanted to do that I guess I could go troll bars with a picture of my 2009 GT1 Corvette Convertible on my shirt so I could bring home the sluts. My wife could care less about the house we live in or the cars we own...and you know...that makes me want to make her happy even more. We both have very nice cars, I am able to buy and sell cars when I want (I currently have 6 in my posession) and we live in a nice historic home in our town...but if those left tomorrow-she wouldn't leave.

I love watching the "in-guy" that gets women this way...they age so ungracefully and usually end up driving a car "like they had in high school" because it was what made them "cool." These guys usually have been divorced numerous times and resemble Joe Dirt more than they resemble Sean Connery. I find it amusing to visit with them from the stand point that I learned long ago what makes life worth living and they never have. They are still out there searching for the "next thing" that will bring them back to "rockstar" status.

I honestly do hope that you figure out that these "women" you speak of aren't the ones you want to spend time with...because as soon as they figure out you are out of money...they are on to their next set of pockets...and they'll leave you with a nice little gift that you just can't seem to get rid of.

Your statement about a camaro getting you laid was crass and uncalled for and it TRULY demonstrates your maturity level.

As far as this being a Camaro site...yes it is...but that doesn't mean that you can't speak of other cars does it? Does it mean we bash every other car mentioned? If so, then this might as well be called Fanboy Central versus being called a forum for discussion.

Maybe he s a young man 19-20-21 NOT married for 14 years to a woman and wants some excitement..Cmon give it a break.,,jesh.
Different methods of enjoying life & sex, dosent necessary mean their trash...
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #73
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
I had a Camarorgasm one hour ago. It was fabulous.

That is all.
You make me laugh! Funny thing is, it was the "that is all" part that did it. Hysterical.
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #74
warcopwife

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS IBM
Bo Yo - we bought ours without being able to drive it first, so I was totally freaked out when we went and got her, but....I am in love!!! She is gorgeous, just makes me feel beyond awesome, and while there are a couple of things I don't Like Like about her, they are more than out weighed by my love for her! The passenger seat does make me just a little claustrophobic, learning to see out of it is for sure a learning process, and the IBM is a mother rucker to keep clean. That being said, I love sitting next to my baby when we are driving down the road, so I will take a little claustrophobia any time...I now have the hang of seeing out of her when I am driving...the IBM is so freakin' spectacular, that I don't mind her having to be washed every week!

All in all, she is the coolest thing I have ever owned, and I would not trade her for the minor things that I can live with, like forking out a boatload of money to replace the tires when the time comes, cause I knew what I was getting when I bought her. If your not gonna love her with all your heart, then I don't think that you should spend that money, but if you are gonna love her with all your heart, warts and all, then go for it!

6000 Delivered to the customer ~ 10/21/2009
warcopwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #75
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
1 You do not know how the people that are having the problems with the Brakes and tires drive their cars. How the pads were broken in could have a effect on the squeeking, agressive driving , doing burnouts , ect will effect tire wear.. As others have said, brake pads can be changed, (ceramic is the type I prefer, little dust and very quiet), and there are many tires you can buy for less money that will fit the bill and give you good wear.
If that is all that is keeping you from taking delivery, I would think really hard before passing up this great car.

oh since the world is supposed to end in 2012 you probably won't have to buy more than one set of tires....
Old 11-15-2009, 09:07 AM   #76
lnsjr1

Drives: 02'Z28 07'CTS 03'HD Fatboy
I had to walk away from the car I ordered, there was talk of layoffs. Now they offered packages to the older people so no lay offs. Ohh well I either look in the spring or wait till the Z-28 comes out.
lnsjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #77
vee8

Drives: Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMO View Post
I would like to apologize for my dry humor and the comment about the camaro getting laid, i thought it'd get a corny laugh from somebody. but really though dont take everything said on here so seriously. Also, i'd like to apologize about the coment about women "flocking" to the car. the point i was trying to make was the new camaro draws as much attention as a ferrari or lambo from people.
If the women are really bothering you that much, just get a Ferrari and maybe they'll leave you alone.
vee8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #78
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Heck...I just ordered a second one.

I guess that speaks for itself !

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:41 AM   #79
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I drove a GT and a 2SS before ordering my 2SS. It was a no brainer after the test drive, IMHO. I ordered my 2SS a week ago and it can't get here fast enough for me. The dealer said it should take about 5 weeks because he has an allocation of 6 Camaros.

Whenever I read forums, I take what is said with a grain of salt and appreciate the expertise of those who are kind enough to share it with the rest of us. What I see when I read these forums is that the overwhelming majority of owners love their 2010 Camaros and would recommend buying one. I think it's okay for those who do find an occasional small issue to report it so that Chevy will be made aware of it and make improvements on a car that is in its first year of production. But, from what I've seen, the issues are mostly minor and those that aren't will be or have been resolved by Chevy. That's what warranties are for.

I have wanted a Camaro since I was 12 (it was a 67 Camaro I wanted at that time). I haven't seen a car I liked as well as the late 60s Camaros until now. I don't need a car. I'm keeping my 02 Highlander as my daily driver. But, I have been saving my pennies for many years and I'm not easily parted with my money. But, I've decided that this is something that I've always wanted and I'm not getting any younger. My husband says, " it will be good for your soul to get that car." I can't imagine having second thoughts about getting this car.

Just my 2 cents.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #80
traacs

Drives: yellow
2009 yellow GT1 convertible

Gary read that you have a 2009 yellow GT1 convertible 1 of 10 well I have 1 of 10 as well , that means we have 2 accounted for. search traacs and leave a email

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
Mostly dudes? Yeah that plays well. Thanks for the PM though. Its nice to know that the average american only makes it seven years in a marriage.

As far as why I got defensive... Could it be that I have respect for women and I tire of people like you degrading them every chance they get. I'm sure you can't handle women in race cars or as police officers either...let's flesh out the stereotype here

I don't believe the OP came in saying the Mustang was all that...but obviously you've got an issue with Mustangs...so I'll leave you to it.

You won't bash chevy owners huh? How many times have you laughed at a Metro? It is a Chevy...check the nameplate.

I'm done with the conversation with you. Good luck in life. I do hope you learn...sooner rather than later. Divorce can be an awful expensive price to pay...
traacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #81
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Yo View Post
I ordered the car a few weeks back. I would expect it in early december. But as I'm doing more reading on here, I'm not feeling so confident in my decision to buy this car. I'm starting to hear more and more things I don't like. This whistling sound with the windows rolled down has me a bit bothered. In addition, I'm reading several members describe their brakes squealing. The response of "That's how they're designed" does not give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. And finally the tires are beginning to concern me. I don't want to have drop $1500 every year to buy new shoes for this thing. A 220 treadwear is extremely soft. I see people showing significant wear after less than 10,000 miles. No bueno. I mean I'm still on my original set of tires on the GT and I've got almost 60,000 on them. But of course they are 400 treadwear.

All of this has me second guessing actually buying this car. When things aren't perfect, it bothers me. I'm difficult to please I suppose. I tend to be picky on things. Maybe I should wait a year until things get ironed out?

Although, I'm now considering remaining on the dark side and going with a new GT and having the dealer install the FRP 550hp S/C kit. Oh the decisions in life.

I'm confused and displeased at the same time. Anyone done the 60 day return on a GM car yet? I suppose I could go that route if I needed to.
Your concerns and questions are valid. Ignore the nitwits slamming you because of their obsessions and insecurities about their car. Hopefully, you'll focus on comments from the smart people on this forum and ignore the rest. Make sure you give them all (the cars) a fair chance, buy the one that speaks to you. Buying a new car because of its so called "popularity" is dumb.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #82
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #83
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
In case you were wondering the 2010 Mustang has had some issues to so don't think it's gonna be perfect.

http://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-...ur-2010-a.html

I feel dirty just for clicking that link. I'm gonna go for a drive.
Those Ford fanboys seem to have alot of problems with a car that's been out 4 or 5 years!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:38 AM   #84
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockandawe View Post
Those Ford fanboys seem to have alot of problems with a car that's been out 4 or 5 years!
Like the Camaro doesn't have any problems or needs some improvement. Here's just one thread, there's more if you care to search.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53358

Fanboys? What kind of stupid term is that?

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote