Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #701
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Nothing much

But what do y'all recommend...I have tape from where my splash guards were on my rear bumper....should I use goo gone and dental floss right now? Or should I wash?

The area is gonna need some polishing anyways, so.....
Goo gone would be fine to get the adhesive off.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #702
black79ta

Drives: 79 transam with 582cid dart motor
Hi guys, I am not a prof detailer, just a car guy. neat thread, i happened upon it when it was in the detailing section, wish it was still there. however it is nice seeing what you pros use on a regular basis. well i have since bought a speedy prep towel, and p21s wax to use with my adams stuff. today i washed, speedy prep toweled, waxed. i used adams machine polish about a month ago, i probly stripped it off when i used the SPD? oh well i wanted to try out the wax and did not have time to reapply the machine polish...
Name:  IMAG0846.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  171.0 KB

2010 Camaro (inferno orange, 2SS, RS and such)
cat backs, catch can, CAI on the way
79 Transam, 582 cid dart motor 779hp 315's out back 40spline gdaxles tko tranny
black79ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #703
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by black79ta View Post
Hi guys, I am not a prof detailer, just a car guy. neat thread, i happened upon it when it was in the detailing section, wish it was still there. however it is nice seeing what you pros use on a regular basis. well i have since bought a speedy prep towel, and p21s wax to use with my adams stuff. today i washed, speedy prep toweled, waxed. i used adams machine polish about a month ago, i probly stripped it off when i used the SPD? oh well i wanted to try out the wax and did not have time to reapply the machine polish...
Attachment 531830
Looks great.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #704
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Attachment 531830
That looks really good
Old 07-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #705
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Thanks guys. So what's been going on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Me after you vacation I try the 2 options you give me for the scratches before do everything again but didn't work, not even the glaze!!! so I did everything again... oh! I won 1st on a car show!
Quote:
Attachment 531830
Buddy that is shinny!!!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #706
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Goo gone would be fine to get the adhesive off.
peanut butter works best...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #707
tramtwo

Quote:
Attachment 531830
Looks great, thanks for not having shinny wheels!!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #708
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
peanut butter works best...
Does it? Somebody should really tell the engineers that make the dozens of adhesive removers out there that they're wasting their time!

Peanut oil does work. No disputing that. Best would be your opinion, certainly not mine.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #709
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Well i'd like to thank whoever put my splash guards on....they put the stickiest effing tape on my bumper....tried goo gone and left it taped to the bumper (to the underside of the wheelwell).....it shouldnt be this hard to get tape off
Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #710
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Well i'd like to thank whoever put my splash guards on....they put the stickiest effing tape on my bumper....tried goo gone and left it taped to the bumper (to the underside of the wheelwell).....it shouldnt be this hard to get tape off
Have you used heat? Best combination I have used to remove any tape from a car is a little heat followed by some goo off and then just kind of peel the tape with your finger nail. Takes a while but for me is the easiest
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #711
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Have you used heat? Best combination I have used to remove any tape from a car is a little heat followed by some goo off and then just kind of peel the tape with your finger nail. Takes a while but for me is the easiest
When I changed out my fender emblems, I used a heat gun and just peeled it off slowly with my fingers. It probably helped that it was 105 degrees outside, but it worked well.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #712
tramtwo

Quote:
Does it? Somebody should really tell the engineers that make the dozens of adhesive removers out there that they're wasting their time!

Peanut oil does work. No disputing that. Best would be your opinion, certainly not mine.
Well PT Barnum said it best... the thing about peanut butter is it is fast and safe and it does not strip any of the finish. I didn't believe it till I tried it on duck tape residue left over from a broken window that had been taped for a long time. The few solvents that I tried just rested on the surface, the peanut butter made quick work of it.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #713
CamaroDreams07

Damn it's hard to find this now. It's a shame it had to be moved due to all the complaints of the off-topic post in the detailing forum.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #714
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Well i finally got around to detailing my bee today. Also got that damn tape off. Even made a new friend.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373428376.215507.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  63.3 KB
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373428398.781394.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  40.2 KB