Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 07:15 AM   #1
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Stay away from Apex Motorsports

On October 17 I purchased a scoop and washer relocation kit from Apex Motorsports with a credit card, both items on their website show they are in stock, and still to this day. I checked their website to review my Oder and the order showed processed. A week goes by and I had not received an e-mail stating the items had shipped so I called them up and was informed that the scoop was on back order 8-10 weeks and the washer relocation kit was in stock. I informed them that that could ship the washer relocation kit and cancel the scoop as I would just order in another 8-10 weeks when it was back in stock. If you look at their web site even to this day the scoop makes no mention that it is back ordered 8-10 weeks. Apex stated that they would ship the washer relocation kit and refund my money for the scoop. Well I checked again today and no refund on the credit card, the washer relocation kit has not shipped and they still have failed to return and call from last week. Im not here to float Apex money for this business, I work to hard for the money I have. When I pay for a product I expect to receive it in a reasonable time. I didn't order a part from Apex and tell them I would pay them in a few weeks after I Received the part, no I paid for it the moment I ordered the parts. Lesson of the story Apex is don't screw with my money, provide better customer service and keep your web site up to date. My credit card company has already reversed the charges so all is good with that but I will never purchase another item from Apex!

I would love to hear Apexs side of the story as well, just plain bad customer support. I understand that parts can be out of stock just tell the customer so by keeping the website up to date I don't care how many parts you have in your inventory, staff up if needed and ship a part of you have it in stock if I have paid for it. again I'm not buying parts that they don't have in stock in in order to keep their cash flow positive.

somehow I double posted it sorry didn't mean to
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 11-03-2015 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Multiple and wrong forum.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:38 AM   #2
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Ive never heard bad reviews on them. Waiting for other side of story.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
Venomous

Drives: 2015 Silver Camaro 1lt RS M6
Maybe they should keep their website up to date but as far as customer service goes they have always been great to me. I ordered a throttle body which did take some time to get but I was ok with that and then the refund on the core got all screwed up but each time I called Victoria was always very nice and helpful with me so ill continue giving them my business.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:02 AM   #4
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
What are you going to do with the WW relo kit if you now aren't going to buy the scoop from them? IIRC the WW kit mounts to the scoop.

Old 11-03-2015, 08:11 AM   #5
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Ordered a number of times from them never had any issues always fast shipping and in stock.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:34 AM   #6
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Honestly...there has to be some mix up in the stream here. I have bought a lot from APEX and they have always been spot on, shipped fast, and very responsive. Owning two companies myself and maintaining my own websites, it is a lot of work. APEX carries hundreds if not thousands of parts. It is possible they just ran out of scoops. Going in and changing the website for each and every part when it runs out is not practical for a small business and having an automated MRP system for them is not either.
Realistically, you should have been patient and understanding that they were out...it happens. Our society and this generation has a problem with wanting things and expecting things immediately.
I would not come on a site like this and bash a vendor for such a minor issue.
Will be curious to see what Chase says in response here.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #7
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I actually had the same problem when I placed an order for through Apex for an RX catch can. Backordered item, but I was charged right away. I didn't like being charged for something with a long backorder, would prefer to be charged on ship.

They were at the mercy of their supplier, but they did have good customer service, refunded me the shipping cost and kept me in the loop on when the item would come.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:28 AM   #8
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Never had a problem when I ordered my intake, scoop, ww relocation kit, and headers from them. Easy to get a hold of and quick shipping.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
Old 11-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #9
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
I've seen quite a few threads or posts of people unhappy with their orders thru Apex, filled with a lot of people who say "I have ordered from them/I was satisfied", followed up by a vendor saying "whats the name of the individual, PM/call me and I will take care of your order".

Basically, no company is 100% error free, this just seems like a case of a minor hick up that can be resolved.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:33 AM   #10
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
People... You need to understand the 'warehouse effect' - heres an example: Have you ever posted something for sale, and got a mass influx of people interested? Thats kind of what happens at a warehouse. If they have, say 50 pieces on hand, and 60 people place orders, yes, the order will process, but once the orders start getting 'filled & shipped' is when those additional 10 orders need to be put on a back order status, not to mention, all the additional orders that came in addition to those original 60. give these places a break. They have a budget of what their SKU limit is, and this is what keeps them in business.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:36 AM   #11
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
That was your point with "Frustrated with vendors" thread. Communication does help. Call next time to give yourself peace of mind that it is in stock.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #12
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
People... You need to understand the 'warehouse effect' - heres an example: Have you ever posted something for sale, and got a mass influx of people interested? Thats kind of what happens at a warehouse. If they have, say 50 pieces on hand, and 60 people place orders, yes, the order will process, but once the orders start getting 'filled & shipped' is when those additional 10 orders need to be put on a back order status, not to mention, all the additional orders that came in addition to those original 60. give these places a break. They have a budget of what their SKU limit is, and this is what keeps them in business.
Pretty simple to call those 10 folks (per your example) back and see if they want to sit on backorder or their card credited back and the order dropped though. It's the only right thing to do.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #13
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I bought a catch can awhile back from them didn't have the issues you did but the order process was a hassle took forever to get it because they said they ran out (which I understand). It was the off season so wasn't a big deal and the receptionist lady was helpful just took 4 weeks longer than expected.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:54 AM   #14
sixtyseven

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT/RS 2017 XL1200C
I ordered the same as you did. Scoop & washer bottle relocate. Ordered on 10/2 and received on 10/19. I'd still give them another chance as I realize how small business can become overwhelmed with orders on "hot" products that were recently discussed online. I knew I'd be in for a wait.
2015 2LT/RS Black -w- CGM Rally Stripes. CAI, Elite CC, Apex air scoop + w/b kit, JacFab ported IM/Extendolator, Solo HFC's, Corsa Sport Cat-Back #14953, GM strut brace, GM stealth splash guards, GM premium floor mats, Defenderworx two tone sills, Emblem Pro LFX hood emblems, FR41-20x9/20x10 gloss black wheels, OK91/93 - OKTCM Tune.

Closed Thread