Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #85
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
The fat hellcat jokes are cute and accurate. But i dont foresee the 707 going anywhere, although i can see the next gen going on a diet. will gm still stand firm on the 650?
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:03 PM   #86
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
so if dodge is at 707 and people are betting on the GT500 to peak 700 why are so many people so happy with 650 and so hell bent on GM NOT delivering the power to compete. Do people like being underdogs? worried about MSRP? I really dont get it. People keep getting flamed for suggusting GM keep up with the pack. Alot has changed since the introduction of the 5th gen. There is fierce competition now. Dont expect Camaro sales to keep climbing if they stop delivering. Im a GM guy, im rooting for the Camaro but im very tempted now.
Isn't the folks who are complaining about 650 who are the ones "Hellbent"? I'm fine with 650, i'm fine with 750. So far, with all information we have about what GM has in it's lineup...its 650. Maybe in 2 or 3 years they come out with a motor that will output more than the Hellcat.

If you are a GM guy, and you want an extra 58 HP, Lingenfelter has a package for you; they have 700, 750, 800 and 1000 HP packages.

BAM...braggin rights all day baby!!
Old 04-23-2015, 01:18 PM   #87

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
If Chevy comes out later on in this Gen with a higher hp LT engine that is more than the Hellcat, then fine...I think what part of the "discussion" is hung-up on is that banging on one's hi-chair demanding a higher hp engine than Dodge right now will not happen. Yes, 650 is it. There might be more later, but not just because of what Dodge has done.

I think Chevy will develop future engines for reasons other than the current flavor-of-the-month, instant gratification for but-dynos.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #88
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
And Dodge includes the guzzler tax in the price I think right?

Has there even been an official count of how many they have made yet? I'm betting Ford releasing a 700+hp GT500 will put a dent in their sales. And if there is a jump in gas prices, we may not see so much demand for these cars to begin with.
The gt500 would slow sales but not to the dodge guys that haven't had anything that badass in many years. Also those who buy these cars aren't worried about mpg's and have good jobs to fill the tanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
If Chevy comes out later on in this Gen with a higher hp LT engine that is more than the Hellcat, then fine...I think what part of the "discussion" is hung-up on is that banging on one's hi-chair demanding a higher hp engine than Dodge right now will not happen. Yes, 650 is it. There might be more later, but not just because of what Dodge has done.

I think Chevy will develop future engines for reasons other than the current flavor-of-the-month, instant gratification for but-dynos.
Not so much about the highest HP on paper as it is being as fast or faster. As of now the zl1 can't even compete with the gt500 or hellcat in a drag race.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #89
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
so if dodge is at 707 and people are betting on the GT500 to peak 700 why are so many people so happy with 650 and so hell bent on GM NOT delivering the power to compete. Do people like being underdogs? worried about MSRP? I really dont get it. People keep getting flamed for suggusting GM keep up with the pack. Alot has changed since the introduction of the 5th gen. There is fierce competition now. Dont expect Camaro sales to keep climbing if they stop delivering. Im a GM guy, im rooting for the Camaro but im very tempted now.
This was my post earlier. My point is what is the value other than saying you have more HP stock than the other guy.

"I think we have to think about the real issue, traction. Look at the fact the previous GT500, Hellcat, and the C7 Z06 are all running low 11s with varying weights and HP. I don't believe adding any more HP is going to produce a 10 sec pass on street tires for any of these cars. Significant weight reduction, AWD, or suspension setups which would never sell for a road car I believe are the only way we will see lower ETs. Prime example, look at how Dodge makes big press posting a time with DRs on an NHRA prepped track. What's the point? They don't sell the car with DRs. Sure you can put them on it after you buy it, but you can do that with the competition too. I bet Ford will do the same with the GT500 which will have more HP, so they should be able to best that time. But in the end, it's just bragging rights. If I wanted to put DRs on something just for drag racing, I'd buy used 4th gen and spend less money and go faster."

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
The gt500 would slow sales but not to the dodge guys that haven't had anything that badass in many years. Also those who buy these cars aren't worried about mpg's and have good jobs to fill the tanks.
Not saying they wouldn't sell because you are right, there are people who have the means not to care which is why they buy cars like the Hellcat, ZL1, and GT500. But even so, why was there not as big a run on ZL1s and GT500s when they were first announced? Has to be something specific to timing (gas/economy) and I don't believe it's just all the Dodge fans who have been waiting. Take a look at their forums...they don't have near the online communities of the Camaro and Mustang.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:39 PM   #90
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Isn't the folks who are complaining about 650 who are the ones "Hellbent"? I'm fine with 650, i'm fine with 750. So far, with all information we have about what GM has in it's lineup...its 650. Maybe in 2 or 3 years they come out with a motor that will output more than the Hellcat.

If you are a GM guy, and you want an extra 58 HP, Lingenfelter has a package for you; they have 700, 750, 800 and 1000 HP packages.

BAM...braggin rights all day baby!!
every morning Al Oppenheiser wakes and asks himself "how can team Camaro beat Ford". It's not that 650 HP wouldnt be unbelievable in the ultra refined gen6. It's about...
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #91
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Excuse the ignorance but does the hellcat name have any history with Chrysler etc.? Just seems like an odd random name. So I thought maybe it had historical significance...?

What have cats ever had to do with dodge muscle cars? A cat has little to nothing in common with the image and performance characteristics of this car ( not that it has to lots of cars don't) But I guess it's a cat from hell lol so who knows. A cat is the last thing that comes to my mind in relation to a 4500 lb car. Just seems unrelated and random. Like a camaro coming out called the demonwolf or something.

Would have been cooler under some other title with throwback to a beastly mopar of old or something.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #92
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Excuse the ignorance but does the hellcat name have any history with Chrysler etc.? Just seems like an odd random name. So I thought maybe it had historical significance...?

What have cats ever had to do with dodge muscle cars? A cat has little to nothing in common with the image and performance characteristics of this car ( not that it has to lots of cars don't) But I guess it's a cat from hell lol so who knows. A cat is the last thing that comes to my mind in relation to a 4500 lb car. Just seems unrelated and random. Like a camaro coming out called the demonwolf or something.

Would have been cooler under some other title with throwback to a beastly mopar of old or something.
While the retro thing is cool along with history, I think its a good thing Dodge think outside the box with this name. I mean, can we get new thing instead of always bringing old names/model/code back?!!

Hellcat is a monster, the name is perfect! This car is going the be an iconic car. Value is gonna stay sky-high too. The value is incredible.

I'm all in for a 650hp ZL1, but price has to be right (same or less than Hellcat).

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:49 PM   #93
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I think we need to stop concentrating on increases in HP, and concentrate on increasing the performance.

There's a lot more to performance than just HP.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #94
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
While the retro thing is cool along with history, I think its a good thing Dodge think outside the box with this name. I mean, can we get new thing instead of always bringing old names/model/code back?!!

Hellcat is a monster, the name is perfect! This car is going the be an iconic car. Value is gonna stay sky-high too. The value is incredible.

I'm all in for a 650hp ZL1, but price has to be right (same or less than Hellcat).
To each their own.

Will it still be iconic if another muscle car comes out in a few more years that beats it in every way in the same price range?

Guess I don't see how it's so special other than 700 hp. It literally does nothing special performance wise other than acceleration.
If you ask me the zl1 and gt500 have done more for advancing/pushing the industry than the hellcat.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #95
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Quote:

Couldn't agree more. The name is kinda goofy but dodge has always taken a liking to cartoon characters lol.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:03 PM   #96
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

Its part of Chrysler's code-naming system for engines. The general rule is that they pick an old warplane name (in this case, the F6F Hellcat fighter) as the placeholder while an engine is under development. For some reason or another, the name stuck with the supercharged hemis and thus, we now have a Hellcat Charger & Hellcat Challenger.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:04 PM   #97
The Tinkerer

Drives: Not what I want!
I thought it had something to do with the plane.
The Tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #98
The Tinkerer

Drives: Not what I want!
Well there you go!
The Tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote