Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #85
HeHasReturned

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Its not the Japanese parts in US built cars, its the American made part that are in the US built Camry and Corolla (along with numerous other Toyotas). They share low level, mid level, and upper level suppliers and things could fall like a house of cards. Toyota supported the bailouts of GM and Chrysler for this very reason, contrary to the fact that if they they lost 2 of their biggest competitors they would stand to make enormous sales gains.

I'd be more comfortable with my position if you didn't agree with me ...
Something is terribly wrong when this happens
HeHasReturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #86
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasReturned View Post
Something is terribly wrong when this happens
The only thing wrong in here is you. Stop wasting space.

He obviously doesn't like you and neither do I. Some people just can't take a hint.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #87
HeHasReturned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
The only thing wrong in here is you. Stop wasting space.

He obviously doesn't like you and neither do I. Some people just can't take a hint.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:38 AM   #88
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Wesman, dude, what is up with this uncontrollable hatred for anything foreign lol.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #89
DieselNuts
Spartan Performance

Drives: it like I stole it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
CTS-V >>>> IS-F.

End of story. There is no sense in comparing interiors or features of a $60K Lexus to a Camaro SS that costs half as much. What a joke.

If you want a fair comparison., compare the CTS-V and IS-F. The CTS-V pisses all over the IS-F in terms of style, design, acceleration, handing, braking, quality, interior, and reliability.

I have never owned and would never buy ANY Toyota, any car company as shitty as Toyota doesn't even deserve to be in business. The unintended acceleration problem cost American's lives, and the Japs did nothing more than try and cover it up. To hell with Toyota.
Not sure why you quoted me here, but I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'd be more comfortable with my position if you didn't agree with me ...
HAHAHA!!! Win.
DieselNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #90
HeHasReturned

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
Wesman, dude, what is up with this uncontrollable hatred for anything foreign lol.
That's the basis for all of his arguments, and then he backs it up with his own "Economics" or "Industry experience"
Old 07-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #91
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I own an IS-250 and even i am getting a camaro, because i think they're better. Granted the interior isn't quite as nice, but its a sports car not a luxury car like the lexus. And to compare an SS to a IS-F is not right, but the CTS-V vs IS-F is a fair comparison and i think the V wins in all aspects, performance and luxury.
Ghost1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #92
D2FORGED

Drives: C5 Corvette Z51
My response to reading some of these posts
D2FORGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #93
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
The argument of 'Buy only Made in USA' is kinda stupid anymore anyway.

I'd LOVE for it not to be, but what else can we do? Some things cost 10 times as much to make here. From my end, it's order from over seas, or go out of business.

In my business, we order our product from overseas because if they made it here, we'd have to charge 3 times as much. AND we would lose all of our clients. No brainer.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM   #94
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
The argument of 'Buy only Made in USA' is kinda stupid anymore anyway.

I'd LOVE for it not to be, but what else can we do? Some things cost 10 times as much to make here. From my end, it's order from over seas, or go out of business.

In my business, we order our product from overseas because if they made it here, we'd have to charge 3 times as much. AND we would lose all of our clients. No brainer.

that statement is why there are no jobs in the united states. you buy product from overseas and sell it to, well, nobody because nobody has a job.

you want someone to buy YOUR product or service, but nobody has a job making anything. so no jobs. when EVERYTHING falls apart and YOU cannot sell a single product or service, you too will be jobless. you will no longer buy products or services from anyone, becuase they can get it overseas. its the root of our failure
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #95
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
that statement is why there are no jobs in the united states. you buy product from overseas and sell it to, well, nobody because nobody has a job.

you want someone to buy YOUR product or service, but nobody has a job making anything. so no jobs. when EVERYTHING falls apart and YOU cannot sell a single product or service, you too will be jobless. you will no longer buy products or services from anyone, becuase they can get it overseas. its the root of our failure
Yup. You are right. But exactly what would you have me do? I suppose I could raise my prices by 300% and go out of business just to prove a point?!

We are a service based business anyway.

They don't even MAKE this stuff here anymore. The last factory that made this product vited to unionize. The owners decided to move overseas instead, and ended up just shuting the doors because most of their money was tied up in fixed assets. The rest moved overseas years ago.

The auto Companies are much the same. Just much bigger, but could end up going down the same road. It's the business owners who feel the pain first.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #96
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
i know there is nothing you can do about it. its the nature of the beast. when your competitor buys his products from china, you HAVE to. its a ripple effect. its going to take a complete collapse for things to correct themselves.

for example, walmart now has no advantage in the marketplace as far as mark up profit margin is concerned. every retailer buys from the same factory at the same price.

if everyone HAS to buy their products at no advantage and pay the same prices, it matters little where those products are purchased. not blaming you or anyone else.

i am UNION proud. The 'built by UAW' sticker will never be taken of my 2011GT.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 PM   #97
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
So fun to read all of this on a forum based on a foreign made car...
Old 07-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #98
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by green man View Post
So fun to read all of this on a forum based on a foreign made car...
Canada is hardly foreign, they are merely our neighbors to the North.

The Camaro may be assembled in Canada, but its still built by an American owned and operated company. And thats what counts the most.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
isf, l99, lexus