Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #505
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Hmmm they used a Ford engine in that car, not a Chevy.
"The Point"

Large Distance

"You"

He didn't say they did the same thing, he said that my comment REMINDED him of this.

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #506
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG View Post
"The Point"

Large Distance

"You"

He didn't say they did the same thing, he said that my comment REMINDED him of this.
Well you were talking about putting Chevy engines in Miatas and he said it reminded him of project Banshee, I was just saying they used a ford motor, which everyone knows is narrower than the Chevy V8 and fits better in the small engine compartments with fewer modifications.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #507
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG View Post
I assume your point is that the GT500 has been shown to be faster at the drag strip and on the road course even though the speculation was that the ZL1 would be faster on roadcourse due to superior handling and braking. We're on page 21 of this topic and everyone already knows this. So please explain what your getting at by being a child and trying to stir $#!t up.
What some Ford fans appear to do when they post on Camaro5 is use straw man arguments by mis-characterizing statements that have been made.

Ford fans have made comments such as, "Everyone here said that the GT500 wouldn't beat the ZL1 on a road course." In reality the type of comments that were actually stated were something such as "the ZL1 will likely perform better on road courses than the GT500 will," or the "ZL1 is a better road course car, in general, than the GT500 is."

What some Ford fans appear to fail to understand is that stating that the ZL1 is a better road course car than the GT500 is not the same thing as stating that the GT500 will not be faster on a road course than the ZL1.

Also, many Ford fans appear to have the need to post on Camaro5 their belief that the ZL1 is an inferior vehicle to the GT500, mainly it appears due to the fact that the GT500 is faster in a straight line. Again, what they appear to fail to understand is that to many straight line acceleration is not the only metric used to evaluate today's high performance vehicles. The ability to comfortably navigate, with spirit, public roads, such as Highway 1 between Carmel and Big Sur or Sunset Blvd between Benedict Canyon Drive and the Pacific Coast Highway, is more important and more useful to many than straight line acceleration is.

As many have stated, the GT500 is a fine car, and the right choice for many. However, to many on Camaro5 the ZL1 is the better vehicle and right choice for them.

I simply don't see the reason for some to denigrate a vehicle, such as the ZL1, unless one has some insecurity issues of one's own that are causing such behavior.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #508
LeviG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well you were talking about putting Chevy engines in Miatas and he said it reminded him of project Banshee, I was just saying they used a ford motor, which everyone knows is narrower than the Chevy V8 and fits better in the small engine compartments with fewer modifications.
No, I mean the point is that they're shoving a giant motor into a tiny car, not necessarily that they're shoving a Chevy motor into a tiny car. Same idea, though different engines, fitment aside.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #509
LeviG

....So back on the subject of the video...

When did Russel Brand turn 60 and start driving cars for Motor Trend??

Old 06-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #510
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
What I think many "Ford fans" find when they see posts here are comments from people that would suggest that ZL1 comes with hemorrhoid pillow seats, early bird special tags and cup holders that are sized for Metamucil bottles. Way too many responses from people that have the "Oh yeah? Well, comfort" idea embedded in them... So, that works both ways there.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #511
101fng

Drives: 2009 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
What some Ford fans appear to do when they post on Camaro5 is use straw man arguments by mis-characterizing statements that have been made.

Ford fans have made comments such as, "Everyone here said that the GT500 wouldn't beat the ZL1 on a road course." In reality the type of comments that were actually stated were something such as "the ZL1 will likely perform better on road courses than the GT500 will," or the "ZL1 is a better road course car, in general, than the GT500 is."

What some Ford fans appear to fail to understand is that stating that the ZL1 is a better road course car than the GT500 is not the same thing as stating that the GT500 will not be faster on a road course than the ZL1.

Also, many Ford fans appear to have the need to post on Camaro5 their belief that the ZL1 is an inferior vehicle to the GT500, mainly it appears due to the fact that the GT500 is faster in a straight line. Again, what they appear to fail to understand is that to many straight line acceleration is not the only metric used to evaluate today's high performance vehicles. The ability to comfortably navigate, with spirit, public roads, such as Highway 1 between Carmel and Big Sur or Sunset Blvd between Benedict Canyon Drive and the Pacific Coast Highway, is more important and more useful to many than straight line acceleration is.

As many have stated, the GT500 is a fine car, and the right choice for many. However, to many on Camaro5 the ZL1 is the better vehicle and right choice for them.

I simply don't see the reason for some to denigrate a vehicle, such as the ZL1, unless one has some insecurity issues of one's own that are causing such behavior.
i'm gonna call it like i see it, you are backpedaling hard and playing semantics. your bolded statement is the biggest load of bullshit i've ever read. in a sentance such as "the zl1 will be a better road coarse car," it is implied that the zl1 will be faster, unless your idea of a road coarse is one with no clock. if someone said "the gt500 will be the better drag car," would it be presumptious to say that the gt500 will be faster in the 1/4? only an idiot would see any other meaning in that sentance than "the gt500 will be faster". do you see what i'm saying?

talk about insecurity issues. you are trying your hardest to justify what you see as a failure in the ZL1. it's kind of obvious. instead of seeing it as a failure, why not just look at it as the greatest camaro ever produced? there's nothing to justify there, because it's fact.

hell, i just quoted a guy that said the zl1 would smoke the gt500 on the 'ring. he didn't say it would likely do better, he didn't say it would probably pull on the gt500 in the turns, he didn't say anything like that. he straight up said the gt500 will be slaughtered on the nurburgring. it's because of guys like that that you feel you have to back pedal and elaborate on the true meanings of their statements.
101fng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #512
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
i'm gonna call it like i see it, you are backpedaling hard and playing semantics. your bolded statement is the biggest load of bullshit i've ever read. in a sentance such as "the zl1 will be a better road coarse car," it is implied that the zl1 will be faster, unless your idea of a road coarse is one with no clock. if someone said "the gt500 will be the better drag car," would it be presumptious to say that the gt500 will be faster in the 1/4? only an idiot would see any other meaning in that sentance than "the gt500 will be faster". do you see what i'm saying?

talk about insecurity issues. you are trying your hardest to justify what you see as a failure in the ZL1. it's kind of obvious. instead of seeing it as a failure, why not just look at it as the greatest camaro ever produced? there's nothing to justify there, because it's fact.

hell, i just quoted a guy that said the zl1 would smoke the gt500 on the 'ring. he didn't say it would likely do better, he didn't say it would probably pull on the gt500 in the turns, he didn't say anything like that. he straight up said the gt500 will be slaughtered on the nurburgring. it's because of guys like that that you feel you have to back pedal and elaborate on the true meanings of their statements.
Listen I understand SVT land is bitter after loosing all 4 of the overall results in the reviews thus far. If the Camaro had lost 4 in a row I am sure there would be bitterness here too. , don't be too hard on the 500 though it is indeed fast!
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:37 PM   #513
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I'm still waiting for the 2012 ZL1 vs 2012 GT500 comparo. In that matchup, the ZL wins every category.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #514
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
I'm still waiting for the 2012 ZL1 vs 2012 GT500 comparo. In that matchup, the ZL wins every category.
I see the point, but what, do tell, is the performance difference between a 2012 ZL1 and 2013 ZL1?
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #515
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I see the point, but what, do tell, is the performance difference between a 2012 ZL1 and 2013 ZL1?
there is none, therefore there is no point. Seriously guys - stop making these arguments, it makes the Mustang guys think you're stupid.

When was the 2012 ZL1 released? 2012. When was the 2013 GT500 released? 2012. Now be quiet and find some arguments with merit.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #516
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5cam View Post
Again, they compare a production car right off the assembly line"ZL1" against an aftermaket "Shelby"...apples to oranges. Why not compare the shelby with a, let's say a "Lingenfelder" ZL1! The ZL1 is close to 500lbs heavier, and has almost 100 less horsepower. The weight difference is good for a half second alone in the quarter! Did the writer ever once mention any of these facts? What a load of crap!...Even after all that was stacked against it i'd say the Camaro is still twice the car.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #517
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post

Post of the year

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #518
101fng

Drives: 2009 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Listen I understand SVT land is bitter after loosing all 4 of the overall results in the reviews thus far. If the Camaro had lost 4 in a row I am sure there would be bitterness here too. , don't be too hard on the 500 though it is indeed fast!
i hate svtp for the record. it just bugs me to see guys like that make these ridiculous arguments. it really only does one thing, which is, give the mustang guys something to laugh at.

making ridiculous caveats like "nobody said the zl1 would be faster on every lap or every track" is no better than saying "oh they should compare the hennessy to the shelby" or "they should compare the same model year". it's doing nothing for the camaro community.
101fng is offline   Reply With Quote