#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-25-2021, 02:49 PM   #43
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
This exactly. A 1LE that doesn’t get tracked is a complete waste of money. Same for a Viper ACR, GT500 etc

rich people buy fancy track packages and never track the all the time but i agree with you i dont get it some people are just scared...if you got the $$ to buy at track car im sure you got the $$ if you crash a track car lol
Old 08-25-2021, 02:53 PM   #44
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
Honestly I could not fathom spending they money for a regular ZL1. The only one that looked good to me that made me want one was the ZLE. Up badging like adding the parts for from a ZLE is just distasteful, But hey what do they say impersonating is the best form of flattery?
My ZLE is top of the line in looks and performance and I’m not making excuses for being willing to spend the money or have the patience to find the one I wanted.
I’ve been on Hellcat forums prior to being here and you now what’s sad you don’t see Porsche owners or Mclaren or Lamborghini etc ever adding the Senna wing to a Hurrican but I sure see it here on this post and it was rampant to see Hellcat badges on V6,s

This is a really stupid statement.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #45
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
Do you guys want to see my Goodyear Supercar 3,s on my Apex SM10,s for track use? I just as you am entitled to my opinion obviously I hit a nerve which I knew it would. I drove both ZL1 and ZLE sorry but no apologies for picking the more raw fun car. You add the big wing to slow your car down but not track it lol who’s trying to just look cool now smh.
Old 08-25-2021, 03:04 PM   #46
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Do you guys want to see my Goodyear Supercar 3,s on my Apex SM10,s for track use? I just as you am entitled to my opinion obviously I hit a nerve which I knew it would. I drove both ZL1 and ZLE sorry but no apologies for picking the more raw fun car. You add the big wing to slow your car down but not track it lol who’s trying to just look cool now smh.
Nope, If you track your car, that's great, but that's not what you said the first time. You said you bought it because you liked the look of the 1LE so its a little late to back track now. I'm not going to ask you to provide any videos of you tracking the car for this silly argument so we'll just have to take your word for it which is probably a relief for you. If you track it great, but don't make stupid statements that imply the 1LE is a higher trim than the standard ZL1 or that you bought it for the looks and everyone else adding 1LE parts to their ZL1 is distasteful when you yourself bought a 1LE car for the looks. Like I said, the odds are quite good that your car will be for sale in a year or two with low mileage.
Z OH 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:09 PM   #47
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #48
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Honestly I could not fathom spending they money for a regular ZL1. The only one that looked good to me that made me want one was the ZLE. Up badging like adding the parts for from a ZLE is just distasteful, But hey what do they say impersonating is the best form of flattery?
My ZLE is top of the line in looks and performance and I’m not making excuses for being willing to spend the money or have the patience to find the one I wanted.
I’ve been on Hellcat forums prior to being here and you now what’s sad you don’t see Porsche owners or Mclaren or Lamborghini etc ever adding the Senna wing to a Hurrican but I sure see it here on this post and it was rampant to see Hellcat badges on V6,s
In all the years the HC has been out I have never seen a HC badge on a V6. I have see the HC hood on several different trims but they offer that as an upgrade which I am ok with. Still tho, not one time have I ever seen a fake HC. The Dodge guys are pretty proud of what they drive whether it is a R/T. SRT8, or HC. The V6ers out there don't care enough or they wouldv'e stepped up to the R/T.

And the saying is that IMITATION is the best form of flattery.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 03:38 PM   #49
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The ZL1 and the ZLE are the same exact trim. The ZLE is just a ZL1 with the 1LE package added to it. Like the Base C8 and the C8 Z51. So if you have to have every option on the car and if that is what satisfies you then I'm not knocking you. Go for what you desire. But on the same token, down start thinking this high and mighty better than bullshit. Strictly on a track where there are timed events and where you can compare your laps, the ZLE in the hand of a capable driver is going to run a faster lap time. And that can be confirmed when you look at the timers and slips etc. Outside of that, if you are just carving canyons or back roads or what have you, you won't have any idea if you went thru faster in a ZL1 or ZLE...well you still have onboard timers and such. But in a non-controlled environment I highly doubt you would do significantly better in a ZLE to justify paying extra for it.

So if you are going to take it to the track often enough to make it worthwhile, and if you can extract the performance out of it, and if that is the main purpose, then get the ZLE.

If you just HAVE to have every option ticked off and you want to say "hey this is the highest trim fullest optioned Camaro you can get" then that is cool, get the ZLE.

If you want a practical high performance street usable car that might or might not see the track but you want to get the most usage out of it with the best ride quality possible, then the ZL1 is the way to go.

End of the day you can always upgrade the suspension on either...whether you want to upgrade the ZLE for a better ride quality or upgrade the ZL1 for better handling characteristics. So there's that.

Either way both are phenomenal choices and neither one is better than the other. But if you're side by side at WOT, the standard ZL1 is gonna edge out the ZLE. just keep that in mind.

And if anyone truly wants the best of the best, no 6th Gen Camaro of any trim should even be mentioned. The C7 ZR1 will destroy any Camaro. And the C8 Z06 will probably destroy that. And an Aventador will destroy that. And the 720S will destroy that. And the 765LT will destroy that.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:11 PM   #50
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The ZL1 and the ZLE are the same exact trim. The ZLE is just a ZL1 with the 1LE package added to it. Like the Base C8 and the C8 Z51. So if you have to have every option on the car and if that is what satisfies you then I'm not knocking you. Go for what you desire. But on the same token, down start thinking this high and mighty better than bullshit. Strictly on a track where there are timed events and where you can compare your laps, the ZLE in the hand of a capable driver is going to run a faster lap time. And that can be confirmed when you look at the timers and slips etc. Outside of that, if you are just carving canyons or back roads or what have you, you won't have any idea if you went thru faster in a ZL1 or ZLE...well you still have onboard timers and such. But in a non-controlled environment I highly doubt you would do significantly better in a ZLE to justify paying extra for it.

So if you are going to take it to the track often enough to make it worthwhile, and if you can extract the performance out of it, and if that is the main purpose, then get the ZLE.

If you just HAVE to have every option ticked off and you want to say "hey this is the highest trim fullest optioned Camaro you can get" then that is cool, get the ZLE.

If you want a practical high performance street usable car that might or might not see the track but you want to get the most usage out of it with the best ride quality possible, then the ZL1 is the way to go.

End of the day you can always upgrade the suspension on either...whether you want to upgrade the ZLE for a better ride quality or upgrade the ZL1 for better handling characteristics. So there's that.

Either way both are phenomenal choices and neither one is better than the other. But if you're side by side at WOT, the standard ZL1 is gonna edge out the ZLE. just keep that in mind.

And if anyone truly wants the best of the best, no 6th Gen Camaro of any trim should even be mentioned. The C7 ZR1 will destroy any Camaro. And the C8 Z06 will probably destroy that. And an Aventador will destroy that. And the 720S will destroy that. And the 765LT will destroy that.
Yep.
Old 08-25-2021, 04:31 PM   #51
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Might depend on the roads you drive on or maybe they've never ridden in a standard ZL1 for comparison.
I did test drive a standard ZL1 but thats all the road time I have with one, our roads are pretty good and live in a warm climate so potholes are not really a issue. I haven't experienced my ZLE on bad roads I guess. I also have owned all 3 generations of a Z06 and would say its just a little stiffer then them for a comparison for me.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #52
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
I did test drive a standard ZL1 but thats all the road time I have with one, our roads are pretty good and live in a warm climate so potholes are not really a issue. I haven't experienced my ZLE on bad roads I guess. I also have owned all 3 generations of a Z06 and would say its just a little stiffer then them for a comparison for me.
Good roads help a lot. Our roads locally aren't bad but I've driven over some very poor roads and I wouldn't be able to tolerate a 1LE over those roads. The standard ZL1 is right on the limit of what I consider tolerable.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:15 PM   #53
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
People will buy what they want because they want to. If they don't do what anything said vehicle is supposed to do then that's their decision.

BUT, you will always have those that say "why the hell did you get (enter vehicle) if you never (enter whatever its meant to do)" or "why is (enter vehicle) trying to look like (enter vehicle) ".

It's like those people that buy a Silverado with the Trail Boss package but never off road it or change the suspension out for a 6" lift suspension. FYI, the Z71 package is the EXACT same as the Trail Boss minus a 2" lift.

Though if you want to taunt that you have the "highest" trim level Camaro go ahead but don't expect many people on here or out in the real world say congratulations of all it does is to be driven on Sunday afternoon or never gets tracked.

It's not distasteful in adding parts from another trim level. What's distasteful is to say that you shouldn't do that. So while you don't like people adding things to their vehicle's is very much like others saying you only bought your car for its looks and never track it.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 07:25 PM   #54
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
People will buy what they want because they want to. If they don't do what anything said vehicle is supposed to do then that's their decision.

BUT, you will always have those that say "why the hell did you get (enter vehicle) if you never (enter whatever its meant to do)" or "why is (enter vehicle) trying to look like (enter vehicle) ".

It's like those people that buy a Silverado with the Trail Boss package but never off road it or change the suspension out for a 6" lift suspension. FYI, the Z71 package is the EXACT same as the Trail Boss minus a 2" lift.

Though if you want to taunt that you have the "highest" trim level Camaro go ahead but don't expect many people on here or out in the real world say congratulations of all it does is to be driven on Sunday afternoon or never gets tracked.

It's not distasteful in adding parts from another trim level. What's distasteful is to say that you shouldn't do that. So while you don't like people adding things to their vehicle's is very much like others saying you only bought your car for its looks and never track it.
For the record, the 1LE is NOT another trim level, it is an option for the ZL1 trim model. No different than ordering red seat belts.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:01 PM   #55
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
For the record, the 1LE is NOT another trim level, it is an option for the ZL1 trim model. No different than ordering red seat belts.
Its more of a package then an option in my opinion. The package comes with several options. But not trim level I agree.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 08:31 PM   #56
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
try telling that to the SS 1LE guys. This forum even has a special Trim section for them.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension, zl1, zle