Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #15
TheShowStopperLFX

Drives: 2012 LFX
u guys let me know how it goes. im am porting my TB first thing tomorrow.
TheShowStopperLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:21 PM   #16
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
Good luck with the port job I hope it turns out good . and when I speak to him next I will let him know a few others are also having a issue. If anyone else if having problems just let me know.
LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #17
cam45

Drives: 45th anniversary 2LT/RS
Add me to this problem as well lol. I had mine for about 3 months and when I first installed it, it was going below and over the usual idle. As of now, it is not as bad, but it still does that. I thought this was normal so I just drove it but I guess its not supposed to happen?
cam45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #18
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
I guess it's a no on this mod for me.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #19
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

well I definitely wouldn't say no to a PTB other than a few of us they work great and if you plan on tuning the idle problem can be tuned out. Pete thinks the idle is mainly due to a sensitive computer and not so much as the PTB itself. Even if I can't correct the problem without a tune I wouldn't go back to stock.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Old 06-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #20
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
With over 4-5000 in use the few with any issue are probably less than a fraction of a percent. And most are a vacuum leak or other simple fix. At the most, a tune tweak to adapt for the additional air flow. As with any bolt on, in most cases it is true plug and play needing no tune, but not all cars are equal so the tune tweak needed to optimize is inexpensive and will give you the most out of any mods.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #21
Gen-X45

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
I had a similar situation when I installed my MRT V2 Exhaust, the idle dropped by about 2-300 RPM. I was getting some drone and decided to put a Magnaflow X-Pipe on and although the idle hasn't changed, it hangs out around 6-800 RPM. It seems more balanced and the car runs a lot better overall. I've got an order in for the Throttle Body so I'm not sure if that is going to change things up again. I'm only looking for a tad more low-end and I'll be content with the V6 if I can get that.
Actually, the car is running really well with just the V2's and the X-Pipe. I'd love to hear from anyone else who has this combo and the VMax TB, I may not even benefit any further by bolting a ported TB on at this point. I don't know. All I have done to my car is the axle backs, the x-pipe and a drop in K&N air filter. Those three together have made the car a lot smoother getting off the line and there is no drone at all, it's a nice mellow tone.
Gen-X45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #22
Camaro588

Drives: 2012 camaro LS
At some point this week Im going to switch back to my OEM TB and see if it goes away. If it does, I would like to know about receiving a refund for the Ported throttle body. With the idle being so rough, it seems be messing with my shift points(manual). Im also experiencing rough deceleration and acceleration, When letting of the gas it seems to still want to stay and the same speed. When accelerating it bogs down and wants to then just take off. SC2150 ,Where should we be checking for a vacuum leak? no vac. lines where touched during the install, could the vac. leak be caused by over tightening the TB itself if one did not use prop torque specs. As far as tuning and voiding my warranty, that is not an option for me. I would love to keep the TB if I can resolve this issue without a tune, but if I cant I would like to return the TB and receive a full refund.
Camaro588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #23
porkrind
Unapologetically American

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 M6
Any updates?

Sent from here...not there
Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #24
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Well I’ve received installed and tested the PTB that Pete from VMAX sent me. Well I can say that it did help but it did not completely eliminate the problem. I can say with the new PTB that it lessened the amount of times the rpm would fall to low, and when it revved itself back up to keep from cutting off it didn't rev up as high only to about 600-700 rpms. So it did help. We talked and agreed that if he choked up the PTB there would be no point in the PTB anyway. I believe that all cars even the same model and motor can be different. I think that my computer like a couple of others can’t adjust themselves enough to make up for the extra air flow. One guy up here said that this RPM problem started when he installed only a CAI. So I’m going to install my original PTB because it’s painted IOM. I will say that even with this problem I would still buy it again. My car is at least smart and quick enough to keep from cutting off at idle so the little RPM flux I can deal with. Maybe this will convince me to just put a tune on this bad boy as Pete said that a tuner who know what they’re doing can tune this problem out. I can’t say enough how great Pete from VMAX was during the whole process. He told me he was going to port a new TB to try and fix the issue before I even asked! He even covered shipping to me and to return the PTB. So if I ever need another PTB VMAX is the company to go with Great service and staff. If you have any issues you want to discuss just give VMAX a call they will help anyway possible.

P.S. I hope this doesn't stop anyone from getting this product as it does help. And think only a hand full out of the hundreds that have been made and installed have this problem.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #25
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Well I've never had an issue with my Vmax...

Sorry you guys are having issues. Sounds like a weak MAF sensor to me..
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #26
BigVic
Speed Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1
Mine does the same thing as V6 LS Supercar describes. I also have a tune, and while it helped, it is still there.

I guess I'll live with it.
Post delivery - FR 41 ZL1 Replica Rims (20x10 Front, +23 - 20x11 Rear, +43), Llumar 28% Tint, Ceramic Paint Coating, Hardwired Uniden R3 Radar Unit and Viofo A129 Dashcam, TMG A-15 (dual) front Laser Jammers
BigVic is offline   Reply With Quote