Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-08-2013, 01:31 AM   #1
YoungCamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Regency Avalanche LTZ 5.3L
Borla ATAK and MBRP Square tips Combo?..

Whats up fellas, i recently came across a camaro at a gas station near by. The dude had a VRed Maro 2SSRS, with gm gfx and a borla ATAK catback. SOUNDED MEAN! Man was that a beauty, but since he was running the gfx the round tips on the exhaust just didnt look right. Has anybody on here put the MBRP square tips on the ATAK system with gfx? Any diference in sound? Its just the tips nothing too major should change. Please feel free to post videos!
YoungCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We have the done it with another system which I cannot remember the brand at this time, but it looked great! We have the MBRP tips in stock and on our website. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
PM swizlstik, he had the ATAK and MBRP tips with GFX. Sounded and looked good. He said adding the tips got rid of his drone.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I have a Borla S-type with the MBRP square tips ceramic coated black on the yellow car. They look pretty good...do require a little fabrication however because they have a 3" inlet, and the Borla cutbacks are 2.5".

I will try and post pictures when I get back in the shop Monday.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
YoungCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
We have the done it with another system which I cannot remember the brand at this time, but it looked great! We have the MBRP tips in stock and on our website. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Thanks man, I will very soon!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
YoungCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
PM swizlstik, he had the ATAK and MBRP tips with GFX. Sounded and looked good. He said adding the tips got rid of his drone.
Ill try and give him a shout, thats cool. Ive never heard of he tips getting rid of drone.Even better!Thanx for the info!
Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #7
YoungCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I have a Borla S-type with the MBRP square tips ceramic coated black on the yellow car. They look pretty good...do require a little fabrication however because they have a 3" inlet, and the Borla cutbacks are 2.5".

I will try and post pictures when I get back in the shop Monday.
Thank bro! Yea that part worried me,lol the inlet sizes. Did you hear any diference after installing the tips?
Old 02-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #8
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungCamaroSS View Post
Ill try and give him a shout, thats cool. Ive never heard of he tips getting rid of drone.Even better!Thanx for the info!
He said it did. All i know is the borla systems for GFX don't come with tips and are recessed inside the bezel, by adding the tips, the system now sits flush with the bezel. I'm about to do the same thing with the S-type, so we'll see.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #9
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
It did get rid of my drone. When the GFX was installed the tips of the ATAK's were cut off leaving the now tip of the exhaust inside the bezel. The MBRP tips were able to take the tip of the exhaust out further therefor getting rid of the drone. They looked and sounded great!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #10
YoungCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
He said it did. All i know is the borla systems for GFX don't come with tips and are recessed inside the bezel, by adding the tips, the system now sits flush with the bezel. I'm about to do the same thing with the S-type, so we'll see.
Thats cool bro, put up some pics! I love the s type
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #11
YoungCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
It did get rid of my drone. When the GFX was installed the tips of the ATAK's were cut off leaving the now tip of the exhaust inside the bezel. The MBRP tips were able to take the tip of the exhaust out further therefor getting rid of the drone. They looked and sounded great!
well thats certainly a plus. Thats awesome man! Do you have any videos? I bet its beast!!