Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #15
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
Shifter is the same between 1LE and ZL1. Why not just replace gutted cats to get a quieter exhaust tone?

With your 1LE you have a lot less weight and more power.

You are also asking this question in ZL1 section so it will be biased.
The shifter does appear the same and maybe it it is when it comes to the actual shifter but when I drove the ZL1 the other day the shifts compared to my 1LE felt nothing of the same. The shifter appeared shorter in height and engagement felt a lot more positive. If I would grade the shifting experience in my car as a 7 out of 10 , then the ZL1 was an easy 10.
I don't know If it has to do with the different transmission or not but there is a definite difference and not just a little either.
As far as weight difference I doubt there is much of a difference in weight now that I've put on what I have put on.
I do agree that where I posted they will be more bias but I guess I did it cause before even starting this thread I knew where my heart lied once I drove that Z .
my car is a blast and wicked fast and it still doesn't stack up to the quality of the ZL1 and I used all the best mods for my 1LE too, which blows my mind.
Now I'm in No way saying are cars are bad or junk, I'm just saying even if you mod the hell out of them and put the best stuff in them , there still not on the same level. I would of fought that statement and defended against it till I was blue in the face for sure.... that is until I drove the Z the other day.
Thanks for your reply though, it's good to have 1LE owners stating there opinions on here as well..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
1BLWN/LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #16
mbd314

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Go for it- I did the same thing a year ago, however from an SS.
mbd314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #17
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd314 View Post
Go for it- I did the same thing a year ago, however from an SS.
Were you modded as well on the SS when you traded it?

Old 05-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #18
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLWN/LE View Post
Ah right guys thanks for all the replies , I have enjoyed reading them.
I'm about 95 percent sure that this deal is going to happen. Just waiting on a small thing are too , to get ironed out.
All in all my decision to the deal was based on how truly magnificent the ZL1 was when I drove it... comparing an SS or even 1LE to it is literally like comparing a new Malibu to a caddy.. No offense SS and 1LE owners, obviously those are still awesome cars as well.
But for the value I'm getting at 39k plus the extended value of another 3k plus in taxes, I think I'm getting a great deal. Not to mention the 1650 in GM points is an added bonus..

The only concerns I do have is, I'm I going to regret that I'm getting a black car that I always said I would never get again...

I said the same thing about getting a black car. I just promised myself that I won't be as anal this time around keeping it clean. So far so good. Just don''t look at it under really bright lights.

Dude, your decision hinges on your financial situation. If you can afford it fairly easily, go with your heart and enjoy. If it is going to hurt you a lot, don't do it. Personally, I waste more money on trading in my cars every year than anyone I know. I do it because I enjoy different cars.

Good luck.

Let's go RANGERS!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #19
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyBlue View Post
I said the same thing about getting a black car. I just promised myself that I won't be as anal this time around keeping it clean. So far so good. Just don''t look at it under really bright lights.

Dude, your decision hinges on your financial situation. If you can afford it fairly easily, go with your heart and enjoy. If it is going to hurt you a lot, don't do it. Personally, I waste more money on trading in my cars every year than anyone I know. I do it because I enjoy different cars.

Good luck.

Let's go RANGERS!!!
Sounds like you and I could be great friends.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #20
kinpin
618 RWHP

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Its a good deal get the ZL1... no matter how many mods you put on a 1LE or a SS its not a ZL1.. and the dealer giving 39 for your car is huge . As soon as you mod a car the value go way down 39 is a gift ... Take the ZL1 and run.
kinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #21
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I sold a highly modified NA SS for a ZL1 and never looked back...
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #22
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Get the ZL1 and dont look back. All you described about the ZL1 is true. It is one of the smoothest shifting cars I've ever driven. I still think it's the best overall 5th Generation Camaro made.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #23
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinpin View Post
Its a good deal get the ZL1... no matter how many mods you put on a 1LE or a SS its not a ZL1.. and the dealer giving 39 for your car is huge . As soon as you mod a car the value go way down 39 is a gift ... Take the ZL1 and run.
Especially that the car msrp is just under 60k... so to get it at 50,400 is huge... gotta Love rebates and incentives and discounted msrp's

Old 05-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #24
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  175.9 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLWN/LE View Post
Okay guys I'm in a little bit of a pickle here. I have a 2013 1LE 2SS with very tasteful mods done to it, (supercharger, blower cam and all the best for supporting mods such as id850 injectors, etc.....), suspension wise all that is done on top of the 1LE stock suspension is some Pfadt lowering springs. I had all this work done literally 2 months ago at a professional shop out my way and I do like the car and it's extremely fast at 612 rwhp.
The things that I'm not to keen on... are that it is louder now with the Cam and the gutted cats, so that's a little bothersome, and that driveability has suffered a tad. Not tremendously or anything, I'm sure what I have is standard for a blown and cammed SS but still it's definitely a little harsher. I have attached a link to my thread on the actual build so you can get an idea of what it has.

Now for the reason I started this thread. I couldn't help but go and test drive a 2013 ZL1 the other day cause I wanted to see what all the hype was about. The car was a manual, had sunroof and nav . Needless to say when I drove it I fell in love. The ride quality with the magnetic ride was superb, the shifting and shorter throws of the shifter were not only more positive but it was a pure joy to row through the gears. Overall I loved how the car is a monster but literally drives like a caddy when you want it to.
Now.....My car sticker was 40k plus and I paid 35 and change for my car. I literally have put a minimum of 15k into my car. The Zl1 has 48 miles on it and is marked down to 50,400 and has never been titled or anything like that. They told me They would give me 39k for my car towards the ZL1 the way it is, also I have 1650 GM points I could apply to the deal. So in total after I paid off what I owe and put down the GM points I would have 7650 of positive equity to put towards the purchase of this car. Another thing is that the 39k there giving me is really like 42,412.50 (to be exact) cause of the taxes I will save by trading (sales tax I pay is 8.75%).
So my question is simply this would you guys trade or keep the beast you already have? I'm I throwing away to much money? Obviously I'm leaning towards doing the deal that's why I posted this in the ZL1 section but please try to remain unbiased and please try to put yourself in my situation, I would love to get some great feedback on this with real live enthusiasts( like myself) opinions. Thanks guys

P.S. My wife wants to kill me...

Ask you wife to let it to the pros ,they tend to get it done clean and swift , if that's what she is looking for
But , as always there is more options , for not that much more

You are also losing 15k from mods party , and a handful off horses

We can have it done like nothing happen , we have some of the most advanced equipment on hand

Build thread.......

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351383
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:54 PM   #25
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
you're going to regret not getting the ZL1.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:36 PM   #26
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
you're going to regret not getting the ZL1.
What you talking about Willis? I said a bunch of posts back that I've decided to get it and if all goes well tomorrow with the deal, then I'll be picking her up Monday!!

Old 05-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #27
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post

Old 05-22-2014, 12:18 AM   #28
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
I say if you can afford the ZL1 and the dealership gives you a good deal and a good trade, go for it!

I traded my 2011 SS, which was lightly modded, for a 2013 ZL1 3 weeks ago and I don't regret it especially looking at the money I just saved myself on mods that wouldn't even get me anywhere near the level of performance that the ZL1 is at.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote