Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #15
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Careful who you speak for...as evidenced by the interview (and she was sincere), there's a lot of good feedback coming in about the interior. Not to mention it won a global award in 2011. .
The interior can be nice, receive some positive feedback and win awards AND still be the weakest part of the vehicle.... Well until now, where I think the rear is going to give it some competition in that area
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
The interior can be nice, receive some positive feedback and win awards AND still be the weakest part of the vehicle.... Well until now, where I think the rear is going to give it some competition in that area
Fair point. That says a lot about the car.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #17
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Fair point. That says a lot about the car.
It does indeed. I said it when the concept came out. I said it when the first 2010 hit the showroom floors and I still say it now... .this is one of the most fabulous looking cars Chevrolet has ever built.

It's got to be extremely challenging for designers to do anything to the exterior to improve it. And I think the 2014 rear end is a case in point.

The overall design of the interior is pretty nice. It's the perceived quality category that needs some more attention IMO.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #18
Wolfco13

Drives: 45th RS Vert, 50th SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
It does indeed. I said it when the concept came out. I said it when the first 2010 hit the showroom floors and I still say it now... .this is one of the most fabulous looking cars Chevrolet has ever built.

It's got to be extremely challenging for designers to do anything to the exterior to improve it. And I think the 2014 rear end is a case in point.

The overall design of the interior is pretty nice. It's the perceived quality category that needs some more attention IMO.
Remember, room for improvement is room for customization. Make it special, make it yours!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #19
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Did you ask about the bubbling dash inserts on the 2012's. is there a fix for it now?

Service Information

2012 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro VIN F Service Manual | Document ID: 3285069
#PIC5718B: Instrument Panel (IP) Center Soft Insert Above Radio Center Stack Appears Deformed or Wrinkled - (Feb 8, 2013)
Subject: Instrument Panel (IP) Center Soft Insert Above Radio Center Stack Appears Deformed or Wrinkled
Models: 2012 - 2013 Chevrolet Camaro

This PI was superseded to update parts availability. Please discard PIC5718A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern
Some customers may comment that the dash pad area surrounding the radio center stack appears to be deformed or wrinkled. This area may be slightly to the left or right of the center stack, or even directly above it, as shown in the picture below. Some customers may comment that this trim piece was not like this when the car was new. Dealers may comment that the service replacement trim piece is similar in appearance when it had been removed from the packaging. They may also notice that after this trim piece has been replaced and exposed to direct sunlight for some time, the concern has reoccurred.

Recommendation/Instructions
This parts issue has been resolved and new stock is currently available at GM CCA for this concern. Order a new dash pad as needed to resolve this issue on customer vehicles.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2013 General Motors. All rights reserved.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #20
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARINE1991 View Post
HEY what wrong with a little wood..

here is my interior with Lupe leather center console...
I would be concerned if your airbag ever deployed,what would happen to that wood insert piece? You don't want that thing to come off flying in your face,or cut your skin all up.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote