Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #15
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I hear of the talk about lowering the car.. but what about handling upping the spring rates for less body roll
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #16
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Thanks Rob,

Mike, any pics of a Camaro with either/both spring set ups on?
Here are some pictures of our stock 6 cylinder Camaro with 20 inch wheels and tires running our drop coils only:

Lowered red V6 Camaro
220032 Front 667mm with 20" Wheels
220033 rear 660mm with 20" Wheels

Hope this helps. Sorry for taking so long to get them!
If you have any questions, just ask

Ride quality will be sportier but will still have lots of comfort.
thanks

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
are they available for order at this time? If not when is the ETA?

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #18
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
are they available for order at this time? If not when is the ETA?
Pfadt springs are shipping this Monday, if you are interested give me a shout!

Here are some photos of their springs!

We have a nice introductory shipping and member deal !

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #19
klove

Drives: black 2SS RS
Anyone have springs and or sway bar installed? What would you say is the difference in the ride both good and bad? Lowered my last car and i felt the bump stops more then once, just want to know how the spring effect the ride feel and how much the sway bars provide.
klove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #20
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Eibach sport springs will give a .75-1 inch drop. It stiffened up the suspension about 15% and cost $239 del. from ECsound here on camaro5. Installation should run around $330 with a four wheel alignment. The eibach bars are available in the next couple weeks for around $340 and should be installed at the same time as springs for about $50, if any. This is my current set up running the middle mounting on read bar and softest on front. Under$1000. I got a deal on the package, doing mag. shoot, that is why I chose it.

Coils will run $1400-1900 plus installation. I think you can use the $330 install number here as well. Bars are $340 Eibach, $450 hotchkis, $500 Pfadt. Install cost the same, but Hotchkis says you need to unbolt the eng. mounts to install, might cost more on install, no idea on Pfadt.

Also toss in the cost of having your suspension tuned with coils. With the adjustability of the coils (damper/rebound, spring rates), I would want a pro to tune and balance the car ($300 guess). I have heard of people wrecking their ride with an untuned suspension. Also, keep in mind I think you are going to get a harder track type ride with coils.

If money were no object.............I have no idea. Almost went with Pfadt, still might after photo shoot. That's my two cents!

Oh yeh, Koni and KYB are coming out with cartridge shocks to combine with the Eibach springs, should be sweet! And Eibach is developing their shocks as well. Too much stuff!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #21
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
The Pfadt bars are sweet. Installation was easy enough. Removal of the front stock bar was a bitch but the Pfadt bars go in easy. Worth the money. You'll love the way your car feels with these bars.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #22
klove

This is probably a stupid question but, do the coil over packages replace both the shock and the coil? I understand it allows you to tune your ride height and coil tension.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #23
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Yes.

The camaro uses struts, which are a cartridge shock and spring in a housing. Coils take the place of all that.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #24
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by klove View Post
This is probably a stupid question but, do the coil over packages replace both the shock and the coil? I understand it allows you to tune your ride height and coil tension.
No question is stupid. Not asking is!

The answer to your question is yes. Our Pedders coil overs give you an approx 1 inch height increase to a 2 inch + drop. Our coils are designed so no matter how much height change you have, you will maintain full suspension travel. this is a big deal for handling and comfort, and performance. Our dampers have a 30 way detented adjustable damper. In th 0 to 5 clicks, you are equal to a slightly sportier ride than the SS dampers, which are actually pretty good. My favorite setting is 12f and 10r which is an agressive street setting. The 20-25 clicks are at road race levels.

Our Xa dampers are mono tube design, and when you adjust the damping levels, you change the controls equally across all velocities. Some of the Xas on the market do not let you change the high speed velocity settings. We think this is a big deal

If you have any questions, just ask

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #25
klove

Thanks for the info, sitting here thinking about getting springs to lower but why settle? Might as well just save up and get the best, go big or go home right?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #26
IPS Brandon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS black
Send a message via AIM to IPS Brandon
Quote:
Originally Posted by klove View Post
Thanks for the info, sitting here thinking about getting springs to lower but why settle? Might as well just save up and get the best, go big or go home right?
If your going big or going home, then your my type of Camaro user!

The best coil overs on the market, in design and function are the pfadts, their value is just fantastic! These are the best available for the car right now, ask Carriage House, they use them on their race car!

http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=3477

PM me if you have specific questions about this product.

Regards
IPS Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #27
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPS Brandon View Post
If your going big or going home, then your my type of Camaro user!

The best coil overs on the market, in design and function are the pfadts, their value is just fantastic! These are the best available for the car right now, ask Carriage House, they use them on their race car!

http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=3477

PM me if you have specific questions about this product.

Regards
Beautiful, but not inexpensive.

What makes these superior to the Pedder's, hence the price differential?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #28
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Beautiful, but not inexpensive.

What makes these superior to the Pedder's, hence the price differential?
Look at the online store in his link.... Of course he is going to say these are the best
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote