Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Need help with SCT X3 tuner...

Well, I ran into a problem today with my tuner. Had to go to the dealer for some maintence work so I went to return my camaro to the stock tune. When I did the monitor said that it was already in the stock tune....??

Did some reading on the SCT FAQ page and then tried to upload the preprogrammed tune that came with the flash tuner again which I was under the impression that I had already done???

Went to install the preprogrammed tune and I had a failure notice come up on screen. Back to the FAQ board and it said to install the latest version of Firmware. Followed the instructions, downloaded the latest version, uploaded it to the flash device and then headed out to the car.

Plugged it into the car and on the screen it read and is still reading:

Invalid firmware!

Load the correct
firmware or contact
customer support @
www.sctflash.com

Well, long story short, I set on the "instant" on-line support for 40 minutes and it timed out on me a couple different times so I had to log back on. Never did have anyone connect on the chat.

Then I called the customer service phone number. Which does not appear to be a toll free number, set there for 20 minutes and again, noone ever came on the line.......

I got so frustrated that I called up Ted Jannetty and ordered another SCT X3 tuner with his custom tune preinstalled so all I have to do is plug the damn thing in and go.

I called the company where this original SCT X3 was ordered from and asked if I could return it. They said yes but that I had to confirm that the preprogramed tune was still loaded on the flash tuner.

My question is this, HOW IN THE HELL, do I figure out and install the correct firmware so that this flash tuner is functional again so I can send it back for a refund?

Can anyone help me???
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
Well, I ran into a problem today with my tuner. Had to go to the dealer for some maintence work so I went to return my camaro to the stock tune. When I did the monitor said that it was already in the stock tune....??

Did some reading on the SCT FAQ page and then tried to upload the preprogrammed tune that came with the flash tuner again which I was under the impression that I had already done???

Went to install the preprogrammed tune and I had a failure notice come up on screen. Back to the FAQ board and it said to install the latest version of Firmware. Followed the instructions, downloaded the latest version, uploaded it to the flash device and then headed out to the car.

Plugged it into the car and on the screen it read and is still reading:

Invalid firmware!

Load the correct
firmware or contact
customer support @
www.sctflash.com

Well, long story short, I set on the "instant" on-line support for 40 minutes and it timed out on me a couple different times so I had to log back on. Never did have anyone connect on the chat.

Then I called the customer service phone number. Which does not appear to be a toll free number, set there for 20 minutes and again, noone ever came on the line.......

I got so frustrated that I called up Ted Jannetty and ordered another SCT X3 tuner with his custom tune preinstalled so all I have to do is plug the damn thing in and go.

I called the company where this original SCT X3 was ordered from and asked if I could return it. They said yes but that I had to confirm that the preprogramed tune was still loaded on the flash tuner.

My question is this, HOW IN THE HELL, do I figure out and install the correct firmware so that this flash tuner is functional again so I can send it back for a refund?

Can anyone help me???
I do not have any personal experience with the SCT flash tuners but I believe this is how most flash tuners work. Before you can upload the canned tune to your vehicle, you must first have the tool save a copy of your original stock tune. Once your stock tune has been saved on the tool you can then upload the canned tune or modify your stock tune and upload it to the vehicle. If you are going to update the firmware, you must first return your stock tune to the vehicle, then update the firmware, then upload the canned tune to the vehicle. If you updated the firmware while your stock tune file was still on the flash tool, your flash tool is probably still married to your vehicle and you will not be able to send it back for a refund in that condition. Plug in your tool and go to the screen that shows the tunes present on the tool. If the tool is in returnable condition, you should not see your original stock tune listed.
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I had already saved my stock tune and had been running the preprogrammed tune for about a week with good results.

Its just when I tried to return the car to stock that I ran into problems and then all hell broke loose and now the tuner is a dead stick and I have no idea why or how to get back to a functioning tuner so I can at least return it for refund.

Thanks for the reply and your time.
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
I'm having an issue with my SCT Tuner also, I can not get it to data log. I get all zeroes and INVALIDs for my parameters. Any ideas would be helpful, I'm trying to work through it with SCT also.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote