Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Can't accept delivery before August. When should I order? (camaro Scotty?)

hello everyone.

Here's my situation: I'm relocating to LA from New York City this summer for work. Currently, I have no car since my wife & I live in NYC. I'm ordering a Camaro 2SS from a West Coast dealer. I don't want to be in the situation where I order the car and it shows up in April before I get out there, nor do I want to be in the position where I place an order and the car doesn't show up until 2010. Any idea whether I should order now or wait until later in the year?

Last edited by SS 376; 02-24-2009 at 12:30 PM.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Have a good relationship with your dealer, salesman and sales manager. I am 6th on the list but do not want the car any sooner than August. I have spoke to Matt many times via telephone and email stating that I would like to be notified when my order was pulled for build to see if I was ready. If I was not, #7 gets my place (friend of mine) and I take his.

If you order from a dealer who does not play games, you should be able to determine within a month or so when your car will be delivered, a few shenanagins aside.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
diddiyo

Drives: .
lol, if you order now you most likely won't get it until fall/winter anyway... except your dealer has unsold orders then maybe late summer.

at least that's what i've been told.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
AJC

Drives: coupe
How many are they building each month? I thought there would be Camaros on the lot to purchase by June?
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
How many are they building each month? I thought there would be Camaros on the lot to purchase by June?
No way you'll find many (if any) 2SS's on lots by June. Maybe a LS or LT here and there but SS's will be in short supply til at least fall.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
also to scotty, when will white be available and when it is available to order how long will it take to build....
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
AJC

Drives: coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
No way you'll find many (if any) 2SS's on lots by June. Maybe a LS or LT here and there but SS's will be in short supply til at least fall.
I'm interested in the LT, I can see that the SS's will be hard to find.
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #8
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
NO one has a crystal ball on ANY of this. ORDERING GUIDE NUMBER cars for Q3 will be before the end of September. Cars OVER that number will arrive AFTER Q3 - but will be price protected WHENEVER it arrives, as long as it's a SOLD PRE-ORDER CAMARO (on or before March 14th).

White will be available when the current impala white supply is exhausted.....similar to the slate metallic being replaced by Cyber gray metallic.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
SS 376

As a follow-up, the dealer suggested that I order in very late April, early May for an August delivery. Amounts to about a 10-week lead time from order to delivery. Any thoughts? I'm going for an Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS so there shouldn't be any production delay concerns like there are for Cyber Gray and White.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #10
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
NO one has a crystal ball on ANY of this. ORDERING GUIDE NUMBER cars for Q3 will be before the end of September. Cars OVER that number will arrive AFTER Q3 - but will be price protected WHENEVER it arrives, as long as it's a SOLD PRE-ORDER CAMARO (on or before March 14th).

White will be available when the current impala white supply is exhausted.....similar to the slate metallic being replaced by Cyber gray metallic.
I just want to confirm what you mean... Is this what is considered the initial pre-order allocations? For example, I'm #10/13 pre-ordered at my dealer... so this would mean I should get mine by the end of September? And then if someone ordered late (but still before March 15th), their car would arrive in October or later and with introductory pricing?

Thanks
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #11
b_pappy

Drives: '00 Corvette, '07 TBSS
where to?

Can-Am,
Where specifically in California are you relocating to? It's a big state, but if you are anywhere near the Los Angeles / San Fernando Valley area I have a dealer contact for you.
Either way, welcome to California.
Bruce
b_pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
I just want to confirm what you mean... Is this what is considered the initial pre-order allocations? For example, I'm #10/13 pre-ordered at my dealer... so this would mean I should get mine by the end of September? And then if someone ordered late (but still before March 15th), their car would arrive in October or later and with introductory pricing?

Thanks
Yes...but any car ordered OVER that number will be after September (so I'm told). All cars within that guide number (or allocation) should arrive by the end of September.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #13
SS 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Yes...but any car ordered OVER that number will be after September (so I'm told). All cars within that guide number (or allocation) should arrive by the end of September.
So then if I ordered in May, I would receive the car sometime after September and not July-August as my dealer says?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:06 PM   #14
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
So then if I ordered in May, I would receive the car sometime after September and not July-August as my dealer says?
Depends on the dealers allocation. If he's already filled it then it won't matter when you order it (whether it is today or June), it still won't be ordered till after September. If you're the dealers last allocation or close to it, you will be looking at a September or August order.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote