Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 06-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #15
kahbear@aol.com

Drives: Nissan Murano
I am just really fussy when I am in the market for a new car. Cars are not JUST transportation to me. I fall in love with the aesthetics...........for me, it's not about the V8 or tracking or modding, although I really enjoy reading about all of those things in regards to other peoples posts. For me it's the whole look and which colors and interiors, in my opinion, enhance and compliment the car. AND this is very subjective, of course. I fell in love with the Kalahari interior and after much research decided on the Nightfall Gray interior. Up here in the Pacific Northwest, dealers are not ordering cars for their lots with Kalahari. I listened to two sales managers at two different dealerships tell me that they would never order a Kalahari interior.........one just said it was plain old "butt ugly", the other told me NOBODY who buys a Camaro wants a "basketball" for their interior, LOL. I spent several weeks looking up inventories on the chevy site...........I had a piece of paper with about a dozen zip codes that I used to look up and try to find the car I wanted in two states. ANYWAY, Laborsmith is right..........it IS a rollercoaster ride, but I have been on this ride since December, starting with researching and leading up to placing an order with a dealership that said they HAD allocation and probably hoped they would, but five weeks later, in fact, never did. That seems to be a common scenario that I have read over and over on this forum. I finally found a dealer that had a new allocation for a 17 and grabbed it. I guess, I can't emphasize enough that you must make sure your dealer has allocation. And this IS something that they know! But they like to gamble, and if they don't have allocation..........they like to try and get it! So they string you along from Tuesday to Tuesday hoping they will get allocation before you give up and cancel your order. So good luck with whatever you decide to do, order or buy off the rack (so to speak). It just depends on how important all the little details are to you. I don't regret any of my ordering experience, it's a fun rollercoaster.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:34 AM   #16
97one

Drives: 2016 & 1967 Camaro, 2015 Impala, +1
The ONLY advantage to ordering is you get EXACTLY what you want, which is very BIG!

I ordered because I would never have found what I wanted, no dealer orders EXACTLY what I wanted.
If you can live with what the dealers order and have on there lot then DON'T order. There can be many problems and a LONG wait to get your car!!!

One example is my Camaro I ordered on 3/21/16 It got built in reasonable time, on 4/25/16.... BUT It has not been shipped and ( nobody can tell me what the exact problem is) ...It is sitting for 49 days from when it was built and I have NO DATE of when it may ship!!!!
97one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:31 PM   #17
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post
The ONLY advantage to ordering is you get EXACTLY what you want, which is very BIG!

I ordered because I would never have found what I wanted, no dealer orders EXACTLY what I wanted.
If you can live with what the dealers order and have on there lot then DON'T order. There can be many problems and a LONG wait to get your car!!!

One example is my Camaro I ordered on 3/21/16 It got built in reasonable time, on 4/25/16.... BUT It has not been shipped and ( nobody can tell me what the exact problem is) ...It is sitting for 49 days from when it was built and I have NO DATE of when it may ship!!!!
THAT would be annoying. When are the 2017s supposed to start shipping?
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:43 PM   #18
2006Moy

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible Hyper Blue
Quote:

I'm in the same boat my car shows Picked up by production.. No news since. Uhm if they already finished up 16s I assume its built. No delivery yet..
2006Moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #19
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
I'm a little disgruntled but I'll give you my opinion. I have ordered a 2017 Camaro. It is the first car I've ever ordered and the also last car I will ever order. The only advantage I see is the one you mentioned, you get a car with what you want, nothing more and nothing less. That said, at this point I have no idea when I will get it. When I want to buy a car I will research for months, even a year with one of them, until I'm ready to buy so when I'm ready to buy I am READY TO BUY.

I first went to a dealer the end of March wanting to order a 2016 and the dealer actually suggested that I wait for a 2017. I was a little concerned about the first year issues I was reading on here and though I found out they fix them as they go and not for the next model year, I still decided to wait. I also have the feeling I won't have it forever so having the newer year will help the resale/trade-in value down the road (hopefully).

At this point I wish I would have just bought one from a lot with more or less options. In hindsight I would have paid a little more money to have it right away. To each their own tough, to some people ordering is the only way to go.

I also placed an order for a 2017. Actually, the same as yours, except I ordered the Auto Trans.
I had a build date of 6/6, and was told the same, 4-6 weeks. We'll see. There is a way to track progress and I have a build number, but can't find the link.
Anyway, I'm glad I waited and am hopeful I don't experience any roller coaster rides.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #20
YellowFin

Drives: 2016 Colorado Z71
If they could do an under two week turn time I would order every time because you get what you want...no settling or paying more than expected. The six to eight week wait is just too long though. I don't have that kind of patience and just go with instant gratification.
2010 Camaro SS

Current:
2016 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 in black
2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS in red
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #21
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Greg72982, did they give you any general idea of when you would get your car, or is it completely up in the air?
I think you already had this answered but for me I only got my targeted production week of 6/6 but it has not been built as of checking yesterday. The rumor is they built cars yesterday also but that wouldn't show until Monday since they update overnight. It'd be nice to get a "targeted delivery week." Dealer told me 6-8 weeks, we'll see.

Quote:

This is what I fear most. Even once it's built you are at their mercy for shippping. I'd go get it myself if you could. Lansing isn't that far from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
I also placed an order for a 2017. Actually, the same as yours, except I ordered the Auto Trans.
I had a build date of 6/6, and was told the same, 4-6 weeks. We'll see. There is a way to track progress and I have a build number, but can't find the link.
Anyway, I'm glad I waited and am hopeful I don't experience any roller coaster rides.
Go to Chevy chat or go to the ordering thread with Becky on here: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Old 06-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #22
robbie52

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Waited almost six weeks for a 1972 SS396 Camaro to discover that the production line went on strike right before car was to be built.That really sucked. Always buy off the lot or use dealer locator to find what I want.
robbie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:46 PM   #23
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
You will typically have more negotiating leverage buy purchasing off the lot. I got lucky and found a car on the lot that was about 98% what I wanted and it had 4 miles on the odometer before I took it for a test drive.

I agree, it seems hard to find MRC or NAV in a 1SS trim but I worked myself up to 2SS with MRC, NPP and NAV they had on the lot. What I found is that if I ordered a specific 1SS, MRC, NPP car the way I wanted I would get a couple grand off plus any incentives available at time of delivery. By purchasing off the lot I took advantage of end of month discounts, incentive money including Private Offer on a 2SS. So, I didn't pay much more for the loaded 2SS vs. a build to order 1SS. Plus I didn't have to wait. Something to consider...
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote