Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-11-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Drives: BLACK CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to MIDNIGHTANGEL Send a message via Yahoo to MIDNIGHTANGEL
Limp mode after headers/vmax insulator Ice*olater

Alright bud's..
The Vmax Ice*olater (i forgot how they spelled it) was installed. I felt it was done wrong with the rtv bs.. I felt as if it was not sealed right with a delay of acceleration -*first off all I got to say is the instructions suck, paperwork they sent told me to do it one way and online it showed a different way* So i come to you guys and see people are adding bolts and 2 gaskets Im like "Da Hell is going on with this thing?!" So I take it off and do the rtv again, I saw I put too much last time apparently because rtv was in the ports. So i did it again and sealed I guess.

Installed the Headers. Added HI flow cats. and an Xpipe.
*Limp Mode Appears briefly.

Then the Catch can
*limp mode appears more often*

Removed the Vmax Ice***
*Limp mode from car on to car off*

From my understanding.. An exhaust leak wouldn't make it go into limp mode..

When I checked the codes its The Exhaust banks and the 'actuator' thing-a-ma-jig for the catch can.

But different temperature in the engine would.. So Im guessing IM sealing the shit out of this thing the wrong way and I can only point towards the Vmax Ice*** highly doubt the catch can would do anything wrong right?
(I have the top port going to the back and the side hose going to the front of the intake)

I hope I dropped enough info for you guys to help me trouble shoot some stuff.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
well I would first pick up another gasket for the ice olater. Not worth the mess/hassle with RTV.

Check all your connections, post any pics that you're unsure about. Helps to see how everything is routed.
Old 08-11-2017, 02:16 PM   #3
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Send a message via AIM to MIDNIGHTANGEL Send a message via Yahoo to MIDNIGHTANGEL
Indeed, I purchased the other gasket just awaiting the bolts. (Thank you Ventmaster for the specs.)
Old 08-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #4
MIDNIGHTANGEL
Back4Revenge

Problem Solved! sealed and All ! Initially the VTC was setting it off to limp mode.. I guess I forgot to reprogram it when the battery was disconnected. It would instantly go to Limp from the start
Old 08-12-2017, 11:53 PM   #5
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTANGEL View Post
Problem Solved! sealed and All ! Initially the VTC was setting it off to limp mode.. I guess I forgot to reprogram it when the battery was disconnected. It would instantly go to Limp from the start
Now that it was the VTC, Im honestly not surprised. Glad to hear its fixed.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #6
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
well I would first pick up another gasket for the ice olater. Not worth the mess/hassle with RTV.

Check all your connections, post any pics that you're unsure about. Helps to see how everything is routed.
Are you saying you can avoid having to use RTV on an iceolator install by buying a gasket? If so, do you have a link? I'm planning on installing and iceolator soon.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:51 PM   #7
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
Are you saying you can avoid having to use RTV on an iceolator install by buying a gasket? If so, do you have a link? I'm planning on installing and iceolator soon.
yes. acdelco #12590958. on amazon for 20$.