Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
harmonicator
Super Lead Plexi

Drives: "Elvira" 2010 Blk Camaro 3SS/RS LS3
Question What should I expect...

2010 SS with a CAI air box and muffler delete. Current exhaust also magnaflow tru-x in place of factory h-pipe. Currently sounds deep and throaty, not too loud, and a noticeable volume increase at WOT.

I am going to have a set of stainless steel LT ARH (1 7/8") installed. The system will have hi-flow cats, but will replace my X-pipe. No mufflers, only the hi-flows. Also going to have it dyno-tuned to optimize the intake and exhaust.

What should I expect in terms of sound and performance?

I understand SS has more of a "sharper" sound??? If it's too loud or raspy, what can I do to bring back the "bassy, rumbly sound". Also don't want to attract the wrong kind of attention.

Thanks fellas. I have no previous experience with ever putting headers on my car. I'm new to the high performance/power adding game, so your experience is helpful.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
kook

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow
Better just go ahead and leave the mufflers on or add some becuse it is going to be loud. I know from my first exhaust system and it had mufflers and was to loud.
kook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:32 PM   #3
sspaul

Drives: 2010 ss camaro, imperial blue
Send a message via AIM to sspaul Send a message via Yahoo to sspaul
sound will be really loud with lt's and high flow cats, performanc wise, you should probably be looking around 415 rwhp after it is all said and done
www.twitter.com/1djchampagne
mods: borla long tube headers, borla atak catback, lingenfelter gt-9 cam, ported heads, ecs base kit running 11 psi on top end, 1" bmr drop spring, aam 3.70 gears, ported throttle body, 160* thermorstat, lethal racing tune

750/641 rwhp/rwtq
sspaul is offline   Reply With Quote