Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
Tecca

Drives: ...
A little buddy told me about this thread so I had to take a look. So this is for him

First there are two moral issues I see wrong here. First is posting a video of a car that has been worked on for a month that isn't finished. Then charging a $1000 for this detail on a Toyota Camry is just plain absurd and again isn't finished.

Next is I thought you preach that wax doesn't give the car shine the polishing does.

So it is either like this, no wax, but I am going to have fun and say you used a bottle of boo t grees.

Let the trashing begin

God Bless and I pray for World Peace
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #16
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post
A little buddy told me about this thread so I had to take a look. So this is for him

First there are two moral issues I see wrong here. First is posting a video of a car that has been worked on for a month that isn't finished. Then charging a $1000 for this detail on a Toyota Camry is just plain absurd and again isn't finished.

Next is I thought you preach that wax doesn't give the car shine the polishing does.

So it is either like this, no wax, but I am going to have fun and say you used a bottle of boo t grees.

Let the trashing begin

Agree.. 99% correction, no wax.
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #17
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:

You know, you and I don't see eye to eye on anything so I don't know why you even bothered to post in my thread. Second, what I do, how much I charge and how long it takes me is none of your cotton-picking business. Just because YOU can't command the dough or achieve the level of excellence that I strive for doesn't make it immoral, it just speaks of your ability. Since you don't have a clue what I have planned for this thread, you may want to sit back and watch it before further inserting your foot down your throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
I don't care what lsp was used. I'd love to meet the chump that gave his daily driver a 1000 dollar plus detail what a retard. I can't wait for the flames and trash talking on this thread.
By the way, here's your video kids...

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 AM   #18
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
I am guessing Dodo Juice Diamond White Hard Wax .

Why? Because in one of your other videos you mentioned how a wax never goes through the clear nor even touches the paint and should have not color specific capabilities. I know it's probably not that, but it would be a good show of proving your point though.

BTW great work on that Camry, I need to get that same shine on my black Camaro!
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #19
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Haha awesome job. But really 1k for a Toyota Camry. Haha.

A brotha trying to make a living. Leave him alone. Be happy someone paid him that much. I mean don't tell me if you were the junkman you would say " it isnt worth it to detail a Camry for 1k" to the customer. I'd also try to charge him extra for a sealant lol.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Accelerate into the future
Optimum car wax.

...my guess. And I'm not changing my mind!! lol

That Camry looks freaking GREAT!!!

oh....and "Haters gonna hate!" LMFAO!

.......unless you really haven't used any car wax........ ugh...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:

Let the trashing begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
I don't care what lsp was used. I'd love to meet the chump that gave his daily driver a 1000 dollar plus detail what a retard. I can't wait for the flames and trash talking on this thread.
The only trash talking that's started in this thread is from you two. Everyone else is more interested in the meat of the thread itself....how it was done, what was used, how it went from >this< to THAT.

Let the man talk about the detail job.....jeez....everyone's always gotta come in and comment about something totally irrelevant. Let it go.

And if you would rather start the trash talking (after this kind request to "leave it at the door"), we'll be happy to clean your trash up and "charge you for it."
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #22
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
Haha awesome job. But really 1k for a Toyota Camry. Haha.

A brotha trying to make a living. Leave him alone. Be happy someone paid him that much. I mean don't tell me if you were the junkman you would say " it isnt worth it to detail a Camry for 1k" to the customer. I'd also try to charge him extra for a sealant lol.
And that's my starting price. Has been for years. However, I went over every inch of that car, wet sanded every scratch that couldn't be buffed out, checked it at every possible angle with every relevant light source that matters and treated that car as if it were my own. I don't have a clue how many hours I spent on that paint but attention to detail is what a Marine is known for. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right. Detailing is a hell of a lot more work than what I do for a living and I charge $130 and hour for what I actually do. A grand is a day's work for me on a long day.

Check out these pics...

By the way, thanks Tag.... it makes helping out the inquisitive much easier.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #23
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
JM as always you rock. As they say hatters gonna hate!

I say optimum wax since it doesn't really matter what you use but how you use it!

This was the shortest video I have ever watched of yours

Last edited by CHMSC; 07-10-2013 at 02:05 AM.
CHMSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:07 AM   #24
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
JM as always you rock. As they say hatters gonna hate!

I say optimum wax since it doesn't really matter what you use but how you use it!

This was the shortest video I have ever watched of yours

Yea, I can be a wordy bastard can't I!

Old 07-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #25
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post

Yea, I can be a wordy bastard can't I!
Its all good man you give awesome advice! Keep them coming! But I can't watch for a while since you have cost me tooooooo much money

Ok I guess it wasn't right lol

Mothers wax? Cuz it's all about how you use it.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #26
POWERMAN

Drives: '13 Charger Sxt+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C. View Post
Agree.. 99% correction, no wax.
My conclusion over at the Charger Forums as well.

Still, pretty stoked about how this is gonna turn out!

Aint nothing wrong with spending $1000 for a detail.

The way I see it, you pay more for the detailer's skill/experience...the same concept applies in a bunch of other industries as well, IT included.

I just hope that Toyota Camry's owner goes above and beyond when it comes to maintenance on that vehicle, for years to come..
POWERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #27
Al C.

Drives: ZL1 #529 "El-Jefe"
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERMAN View Post
My conclusion over at the Charger Forums as well.

Still, pretty stoked about how this is gonna turn out!

Aint nothing wrong with spending $1000 for a detail.

The way I see it, you pay more for the detailer's skill/experience...the same concept applies in a bunch of other industries as well, IT included.

I just hope that Toyota Camry's owner goes above and beyond when it comes to maintenance on that vehicle, for years to come..
I should of clarified, didnt agree with the bashing just with the results. Great job Junkman. Im sure the hrs spent justified the cost, however much it was.
Al C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:23 PM   #28
Jeffm
ICANHAZ

Drives: 2013 CRT 1SS/RS
Im gonna say none because shine doesnt come from wax.
Jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote