Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
Square exhaust...

After seeing pictures of the SS/RS at NAIAS, I noticed that it has the round exhausts... I was wondering if there will be an option that I missed that has the black concept style exhaust (tips?)

I know I have seen that style exhaust elsewhere as well, but I can only remember it on the black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C P View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... how could GM let this happen? They have 5 years to develop the new Camaro and no force field to protect from uninsured drivers???? I'm buying a Honda.
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
That's from the Ground Effects kit.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Yep, you are just seeing the outlets of the ground effects kit. The pipes aren't visible in that rendering. The tips will still just be round and visible through the outlet.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
wish i could afford that ground effects kit....but will have to wait for a cheaper aftermarket kit.
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
here's a better pic of the exhaust behind the GFX
Old 01-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
ahh.. I have always like the back half and somewhat the sides from that, but not so much the front. Those pipes are not TOO visible, but I bet that would be really different in everyday driving.
Thanks for the info, though... I hope an aftermarket company can make soem exhaust tips that end like that... *drool*
Quote:
Originally Posted by C P View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... how could GM let this happen? They have 5 years to develop the new Camaro and no force field to protect from uninsured drivers???? I'm buying a Honda.
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote