Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 10-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #15
Camaroirocz
BadMeanIROCZ

Drives: IROC-Z28 Camaro
B4C? Dang man. You are rockin' with that ride. Keep it for sure dude. Maybe put a fake red and white strobe light on it too, lol.

Camaro IROC-Z28 350 L98; Not stock.

Camaroirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
NICE!!!

Damn I love 3rd gens... The first camaro I drove was a 3rd gen... it was my Mother's. After I joined the Navy they were going to give it to me but it was Tboned...

:(

Name:  scan0002.jpg
Views: 13923
Size:  129.6 KB

I'd love to get a project like this going.. My kids are still a bit too you but someday..

Very cool about the B4C... Nice Find Norm!!!

And you are very welcome for the spoiler. No problem at all. Just make sure I get one of the beers from your new cooler at the fest
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #17
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I was JUST going to type to ask you to see the SPID code...I wanted to find that B4C...AWESOME... so, you DO have a Z28 in RS Clothes. Totally awesome to find.

I found one local...not a B4C but an '89 ragtop RS. Needs a motor. $1,000. obo hmmmmm.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #18
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
NICE!!!

Damn I love 3rd gens... The first camaro I drove was a 3rd gen... it was my Mother's. After I joined the Navy they were going to give it to me but it was Tboned...

I'd love to get a project like this going.. My kids are still a bit too you but someday..

And you are very welcome for the spoiler. No problem at all. Just make sure I get one of the beers from your new cooler at the fest
Abso-freakin-lutely! That pic made me cringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I was JUST going to type to ask you to see the SPID code...I wanted to find that B4C...AWESOME... so, you DO have a Z28 in RS Clothes. Totally awesome to find.

I found one local...not a B4C but an '89 ragtop RS. Needs a motor. $1,000. obo hmmmmm.
Yeah, pretty much a Z28 clothed as a RS. The tranny back to the rear axle (3.42) is all Z28.

You should have seen when I was writing the codes! I just kinda stopped when I saw B4C and did one of these; hahahhahha Then I just had to snap the pic. Still decifering all of them

And the codes on there even have front license plate bracket, which is on the car. It's even stamped Z-28. I was going to take it off as well, but not now.

Last edited by garcmol; 10-21-2011 at 12:18 PM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #19
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
B4C, nice, I love the 3rd gens, I have my 502 big block IROC, good luck and definitely keep updating with pictures.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #20
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post

Well I've written to BlueZee28 to see if he has a consolidated list of parts and vendors for the LS# swaps he's done. I think he's done about 10. I'm looking now for another (without unique B4C) to maybe do a swap.

If it's a roller and the chassis is straight, check the floor pans. If that top is damaged and the car isn't sheltered.....well floorpans will tell the tale. I would price a replacement top before you get it.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #21
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
B4C, nice, I love the 3rd gens, I have my 502 big block IROC, good luck and definitely keep updating with pictures.
Last night I sanded down the front fascia and got some flexible part body filler. It didn't come out very well More sanding tonight, lol

We had some crazy idears for this car, but once I found the B4C code, that changed. Now I gotta find a stock steering wheel and this thing will be 100% stock. Hell, we were gonna yank the AIR components off of it, but now I'm leaning to just leaving it all intact.

The car was in Oregan, now I'm trying to find out if it was ever in service.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #22
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
nice! it was my mom's 84Z that got me loving camaros!
i almost bought a 92 in college but couldn't give up the truck
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #23
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
garc... let me know if/when you decide to do an LS swap...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:15 AM   #24
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
garc... let me know if/when you decide to do an LS swap...
Will do! Don't know if it will be this one or not. My son's called dibs on it.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:34 AM   #25
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Hey man!!! That is AWESOME that you have a B4C!! And thanks for the tip of the hat!! If you ever need anything, let me know.

What a find!!!

I can't offer much help on the wheel as mine is the non-airbag wheel but I needed a new one... When I got the car back in 2008, the only non-OEM thing was the steering wheel and radio. The original radio was included and WORKING so that went back in but no OEM wheel....

I hated it, plus I wanted it back to original. To buy a good leather wheel was very expensive without a core so I went on eBay and got the junkiest 3 spoke wheel I could find. Ordered a new one... can't reacall from where, sorry :( but just do a search... and then sent the crappy one back as a core. Very happy with it. They may have the 90-92 wheel somewhere.

MUCH BETTER

As far as the speedo... mine bounces in a 20 mph swing... so I just split the difference I figure when its bouncing 40-60 I am about 50...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #26
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
NICE!!!

Attachment 298777

Please take a moment of silence :(
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #27
garcmol

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Hey man!!! That is AWESOME that you have a B4C!! And thanks for the tip of the hat!! If you ever need anything, let me know.

What a find!!!

I can't offer much help on the wheel as mine is the non-airbag wheel but I needed a new one... When I got the car back in 2008, the only non-OEM thing was the steering wheel and radio. The original radio was included and WORKING so that went back in but no OEM wheel....

I hated it, plus I wanted it back to original. To buy a good leather wheel was very expensive without a core so I went on eBay and got the junkiest 3 spoke wheel I could find. Ordered a new one... can't reacall from where, sorry :( but just do a search... and then sent the crappy one back as a core. Very happy with it. They may have the 90-92 wheel somewhere.

MUCH BETTER

As far as the speedo... mine bounces in a 20 mph swing... so I just split the difference I figure when its bouncing 40-60 I am about 50...
You were a big help!! When I found out it was a B4C Camaro things started making sense. Oh, and the fact it was TPI and RS. I was kinda like WTF???

For the speedo I just started putting the Tom Tom in the window, lol.

I found an airbag center for a '91 but damn that was some $$$. Then I need the wheel as well. It bugs me, but I'm gonna wait.

The car had the stereo delete due to the B4C package. There's a decent radio/CD player in there now so I'll leave it.
Thanks for all the help!!

Last edited by garcmol; 10-31-2011 at 07:47 AM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #28
garcmol

Some progress. I think the front end came out nice. Not perfect by any means, but a definate improvement!!

At least the paint is shining again. You can see in the background a pile of pads used to clean this mess up.
Attached Images