Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #71
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
This is another way of saying that once it gets to the dealer's lot, GM doesn't care what happens to it.
Nooo.....GM has no control once it's on the lot - please, don't mistake my meaning.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #72
motorhead

Drives: POS MOPAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Nooo.....GM has no control once it's on the lot - please, don't mistake my meaning.
They could control it if they really wanted to. They could sell these cars to dealers that have the proper means to store them in the winter or ones who are in climates that don't get cold enough to cause a problem. GM controls a lot of what dealers can and can't do. My friend just had to go through a very extensive remodel because GM told him that he pretty much had to in order to keep selling GM vehicles. I'm not trying to argue, but I find it funny that it isn't okay for cars to sit in the cold in Canada but on the other hand, it doesn't matter if they sit in the cold everywhere else. I can take you to any dealership in a 100 mile radius of where I live and show you ZL1s and 1LEs sitting on lots outside in cold weather. This is a safety matter that the manufacturer should be making the dealers comply with.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #73
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
They could control it if they really wanted to. They could sell these cars to dealers that have the proper means to store them in the winter or ones who are in climates that don't get cold enough to cause a problem. GM controls a lot of what dealers can and can't do. My friend just had to go through a very extensive remodel because GM told him that he pretty much had to in order to keep selling GM vehicles. I'm not trying to argue, but I find it funny that it isn't okay for cars to sit in the cold in Canada but on the other hand, it doesn't matter if they sit in the cold everywhere else. I can take you to any dealership in a 100 mile radius of where I live and show you ZL1s and 1LEs sitting on lots outside in cold weather. This is a safety matter that the manufacturer should be making the dealers comply with.
You've been here since 2009....you know the strict limitations franchise laws place on an OEM, to prevent them from interfering with the sales of cars. (Not arguing, either) I know they extensively stressed and informed dealers on the importance of taking care of the tires. I also think I know how GM can persuade dealers to renovate...this issue and that are somewhat different.

I know for sure they must have a plan in place that represents equity and a business case for distribution of allocation of cars to dealer. They look at things such as regional sales of a type of car by Chevy dealers, and competitors; they look at individual sales performance and volume to determine the spread. This plan must be in place and approved by the governing body well ahead of production...and I very much doubt that climate, or the availability of a heated storage property can be considered. The first - dealers have no control over...and the other - would require that a dealer spring for a heated storage space if they want to sell these cars which would put them at a forced competitive disadvantage to other dealers. State dealer organizations would have a field day....

I feel this decision is GM attempting to avoid those and any other legal issues...to do exactly what you're suggesting: preventing uncaring or incapable dealers from compromising the safety of these cars: by simply not building any.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #74
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
Its all a ploy to free up line space for the Z.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #75
motorhead

Drives: POS MOPAR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
You've been here since 2009....you know the strict limitations franchise laws place on an OEM, to prevent them from interfering with the sales of cars. (Not arguing, either) I know they extensively stressed and informed dealers on the importance of taking care of the tires. I also think I know how GM can persuade dealers to renovate...this issue and that are somewhat different.

I know for sure they must have a plan in place that represents equity and a business case for distribution of allocation of cars to dealer. They look at things such as regional sales of a type of car by Chevy dealers, and competitors; they look at individual sales performance and volume to determine the spread. This plan must be in place and approved by the governing body well ahead of production...and I very much doubt that climate, or the availability of a heated storage property can be considered. The first - dealers have no control over...and the other - would require that a dealer spring for a heated storage space if they want to sell these cars which would put them at a forced competitive disadvantage to other dealers. State dealer organizations would have a field day....

I feel this decision is GM attempting to avoid those and any other legal issues...to do exactly what you're suggesting: preventing uncaring or incapable dealers from compromising the safety of these cars: by simply not building any.
All I'm saying is that safety should trump all those things you are talking about. People will buy these cars that don't know any better, and when they are seen sitting on a lot on a 20 degree day, what's going to make them know any better. I just keep coming back to the fact that that GM is taking it serious enough to stop production of these cars during cold months ,but yet they sit on lots at dealers in the cold. It just doesn't make sense to me.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #76
Akg46

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
I am planning on purchasing a 2014 1LE by the end of April. Have there been any updates on when the post-production halt cars will hit dealerships? I assume any 1LEs on the lot now were made in November(at the newest) and have been sitting for the past few months.
Akg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:33 PM   #77
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akg46 View Post
I am planning on purchasing a 2014 1LE by the end of April. Have there been any updates on when the post-production halt cars will hit dealerships? I assume any 1LEs on the lot now were made in November(at the newest) and have been sitting for the past few months.
Ordering opened back up on February 11th and many of us got our orders in at that time. My TPW (target production week) is 3/17 (in other words, getting built this week) and Becky expects my car to hit her lot around the first week of April.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:21 PM   #78
Akg46

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Thanks Billy that is helpful. That sounds like I will hopefully have a good selection to choose from. Congrats on your order!
Akg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #79
AAAND GO

Drives: 14 2SS 1LE RRM NPP / 90 Lumina Euro
I ordered my 1LE on Feb 11, TPW was 3/3. It was listed as built on 3/7 but still has not shipped. My dealer got my engine cover this past Thursday and the window sticker on Friday.
AAAND GO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #80
JGinLA
Since 1978

Drives: 2015 1LE SIM RS/2SS
I ordered 11-4-13 and was given TPW of 12-9-13. That didn't happen. New prediction is 3-24-14...
1993 Z28 black- 6 sp
1979 TransAm black T/A 6.6- 4 sp
JGinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:52 PM   #81
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
As a person who just got a 1LE, those tires were a shock to me. I feel rather stupid because the tires were the one thing I didn't put too much research time in on. But, being from Montana, I was surprised that my dealer would stock a car that isn't drivable for at least 6 months out of the year.

I was a little more surprised that no one at the dealer mentioned it to me until I was driving off the lot. "Oh ya, don't drive those in 32 degrees or lower."

WHOOPS! Now I've gotta spend another 2 grand on tires in a few months.