Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #15
Jc's1LE

Drives: 2015 SW 1LE BA NPP Recaros
Great thread to bad some of the dealers don't see it that way bottom line ya gotta pay to play
Jc's1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc's1LE View Post
Great thread to bad some of the dealers don't see it that way bottom line ya gotta pay to play
Very true on both counts. Some service departments will try to push their customers around because they make more money charging you for the work than GM with reimburse them to do it under warranty. The law is the law though. You just have to decide if it is worth fighting over of just finding another dealership that treats their customers fairly.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #17
Jc's1LE

I do agree I had to travel 55mins to find a good chevy dealer I have one right here near my house like 5 mins but those guys were VERY RUDE worst dealer I EVER BEEN to was so bad my sales person called to say he was very sorry whats that telling you. I just don't get how these dealers treat people like POS and get away with it
Old 08-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
I do agree I had to travel 55mins to find a good chevy dealer I have one right here near my house like 5 mins but those guys were VERY RUDE worst dealer I EVER BEEN to was so bad my sales person called to say he was very sorry whats that telling you. I just don't get how these dealers treat people like POS and get away with it
I'm in a similar situation. I drive almost two hours to my favorite dealership, past at least 4 dealerships in the metro area. It's a good excuse to get out into the country and visit the parents, anyway.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtop11 View Post
My dealer denied me warranty for a check engine light because I had a CAI
installed on my vehicle. They said they would have to charge me for any repairs as
GM would not cover.
After I told them that I didn't want them to do any futher repairs, that I would take the car as is with the check engine light and install the stock air intake and then take it to a different dealer. Within minutes they had my check engine light repaired
(vacuum hose) under warranty.
Some dealers just don't get it
Old 08-26-2013, 08:17 AM   #20
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Some dealers just don't get it
Unfortunately, many businesses don't get it these days. It is getting harder and harder to find people who understand what customer service is.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #21
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
good post
Old 08-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
good post
Thank you.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:35 AM   #23
J Wilkins

Drives: a camaro
Chase, you the man!
J Wilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #24
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Great post Chase, you've explained it very well.

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #25
Jc's1LE

Yea know call the dealers and tell them see how ya make out then get back with us LMAO ! other then that great thread bottom line if I put a part in that screwed something up I will pay for it no problem but don't tell me my CAI caused my paint to fade.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 PM   #26
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Wilkins View Post
Chase, you the man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
Great post Chase, you've explained it very well.

Paul
Thanks!

Quote:
Yea know call the dealers and tell them see how ya make out then get back with us LMAO ! other then that great thread bottom line if I put a part in that screwed something up I will pay for it no problem but don't tell me my CAI caused my paint to fade.
That is exactly what the law says and the point on this thread. If your service department says otherwise you have a choice to make. Fight it, or go somewhere that treats their customers right.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #27
ntrimm

Drives: 2013 ZL1. Black on Black on Black
This topic has been beat to death over the last few years. a few years back, I was really into tuning and modding my Corvettes (both LS3 and LS7). My local dealer was ok with modding and tuning and I was never denied a warranty claim. In fact my service advisor had replaced two other Z06's engines because of oil starvation during tracking events and these cars were heavily modified and tuned. APEX Chase is correct about the Magnuson Moss act. Im not sure if things have changed as I have been out of the game for about 3-4 years until I just bought my new ZL1 (I haven't modded and tuned yet)? But back then, I was using EFI Live for tuning and I will share what my tuner did and told me. The computers on the cars use a Checksum system with CVN's (Calibration Verification Numbers) When GM produces a car they have a certain CVN that is embedded into the computer in the car and into GM's systems. Each system has a part # and CVN #, and these all have to match what is on the website i provided below. What I was told is, As long as those CVN's matched, then GM could not detect a tune was ever put into your car as the CVN is all they look for. Here is the website to check your CVN's

calid.gm.com/‎

If you go back to dealer, put your stock tune back in and they should match up but you will need to more in depth tuning software of EFI live to verify the CVN's match. Some tuners (mine included) are able to modify the CVN's match GM's even on their aftermarket tune so when GM plugs into your car the CVN's match. If your CVN's match, GM will not be suspicious. There will be a date and time stamp that you accessed the computer but the CVN's will not change. I was told this is all the GM looks for and cannot identify an aftermarket tune if the CVN's match. Each time you go to the dealer for anything you need to be on the safe side and re download the stock tune into your tuner because if they plugged into the system for anything their system produces a new GM CVN. Not sure if this is the case or not, but it always seemed to work for me and my friends. I hope this helps and makes sense. let me know if you have any questions.
ntrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #28
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Unfortunately, many businesses don't get it these days. It is getting harder and harder to find people who understand what customer service is.
You are 100% correct. There is horrible customer service just about everywhere today. I would GLADLY pay a little bit more for being treated with respect, and knowing the vendor appreciates me. It's tough to find these days.

Tags
apex motorsports, warranty