Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 07-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS
Wisconsin Camaros to C5Fest

To all Camaros in Western, Central and South Central Wisconsin traveling to C5F on Thursday 8/2:

Quote:
To those that are planning the same:
If you would like we can all meet in South Beloit at the Road Ranger (6070 Gardner Street South Beloit, IL 61080) [they have a large lot and easy to get on tollway] and have a cruise line going down to meet the Chicago group at their northern point in Itasca at the Westin Hotel.

For those interested, post here so I can start a list, so that no one that wants to Camarovan is left behind. The plan will be to leave by 8am (no later than 8:30am) [Itasca is 1.5hrs from South Beloit], as the Itasca group will be heading out at approx. 10 am.

To those that say they are going, I (Mantis) will PM you my cell# in case you are running behind so that you are not left. The plan will be to slow down for those that don't have I-Pass to allow time for them to get through tolls and jump back into the group. Make sure to bring 2-way radios and we will be on Channel 5. [To those that have extras, bring along as some may not have one. It makes it much easier to communicate.]

Route plan:
[START] S. Beloit - Road Ranger (6070 Gardner Street South Beloit, IL 61080)
[STOP #1] Itasca - The Westin Chicago Northwest (400 Park Blvd, Itasca, IL 60143)
[STOP #2] Bolingbrook - Buffalo Wild Wings (777 E Boughton Rd, Bolingbrook, IL 60440)
[STOP #3] South Holland - Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis
[AT LEAST ONE PIT STOP ALONG THE WAY FROM THIS POINT UNTIL INDIANAPOLIS]
[END] Indianapolis - Wyndham Indianapolis West (2544 Executive Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46241)
[INDIVIDUALS AT OTHER HOTELS BREAK OFF TO CHECK IN AND CLEAN UP CARS]
To all Camaros in Southeast Wisconsin who are traveling to C5F on Thursday 8/2:

Quote:
Since WiDot is doing contruction on I-94 in Kenosha, the best place to meet is at the rest stop off of Hwy 165 (Exit 347). The rest stop is on the east side of the Interstate. It's the same exit you would take to go to the outlet mall. There is also a BP station if you need fuel and a Culvers and McDonald's for eats or drinks.

We'll meet in and leave from the the rest stop parking lot. I would like to leave between 9:30 and 9:45am as there is some construction on I-294 which may slow us down just a little. But I think we will still be okay for time. It will take an 1 1/2 to 2 hours to get to the South Holland Oasis and meet up with the Chicago group. There are tolls along the way but if you don't have an I-Pass we'll slow as we pass them so you can pay and catch back up.

I'll (Xello) PM my cell number to anyone who posts that they want to meet so you can call if you might be a little late.

Central WI Cruise Group: (Meeting at S. Beloit Road Ranger - Leaving 8am [8:30am at latest])
  1. Mantis RS (Leading)
  2. ~ STACY ~
  3. Zip3151

Eastern Wisconsin Cruise Group: (Meeting at the Kenosha rest stop - Leaving 9:30am [9:45am at latest])
  1. Xello (Leading)
  2. Cheesehead1
  3. hp junkie
  4. Mikk2k

Last edited by Mantis RS; 07-19-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Mantis RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Xello

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
(Hey Jeremy, hope you don't mind me putting a notice for the East / Southeast group in here.)

For any Eastern or Southeastern Wisconsin Camaros wishing to meet up with the Chicago group and you plan on driving down I-94 through Kenosha, we have a Camarovan group starting in Kenosha. Check out the post (#52) in the link for details and let me know if you would like to join.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=207455&page=3
Xello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xello View Post
(Hey Jeremy, hope you don't mind me putting a notice for the East / Southeast group in here.)

For any Eastern or Southeastern Wisconsin Camaros wishing to meet up with the Chicago group and you plan on driving down I-94 through Kenosha, we have a Camarovan group starting in Kenosha. Check out the post (#52) in the link for details and let me know if you would like to join.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=207455&page=3
Don't mind at all Ray. I added yours to mine and changed the thread name to Wisconsin Camaros to C5Fest, to make it easier for you to check on if you want to point Eastern Wisconsin guys to this thread to sign up, so that you don't have to go searching in the chicagoland thread. I'll try to keep tabs on the other threads and add those going with your group as well.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #4
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Bump...Wisco people where ya at? Lets get some more going to the fest.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #5
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

Bump...Still going if anyone is interested to join our pack for the trip down.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
Mantis RS
Cool Kid on Campus

One week away, hopefully we have some more cars join the fun.