Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #15
fmcooper

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 'Vert
No my car had the same preference as everyone else's... a standard sold order. I had placed my first order back in April when orders first opened up, so I was a bit disappointed that the first vehicle was never delivered, but I guess everything happens for a reason. Luckily I have my 2012, which is very similar, and I've been driving it quite a bit lately and enjoying the heck out of it while I was waiting. I drove a CTS-V wagon last year for four months and loved the supercharged engine -- that car moved right out. I'm sure the ZL1 is pretty similar, just 580HP vs 556.

I've been pretty surprised how quickly vehicles make it across the country once they get in transit, you may be surprised. Looking forward to seeing your pictures as well!

Did you do the Recaros or the performance exhaust? I drove a 2013 and a 2014 with the NPP (performance) exhaust and knew I had to have it. The GM short throw shifter is very different than the Hurst in my 2012, but I do like it quite a bit. I'll have to figure out what modifications I want to make down the road too....
fmcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
DFA

Drives: 2014 ZL1, Triple Black, M6
Thanks for the words of encouragement, I should know it's a process thing and everything in its time.

I did not get the Recaros (big guys don't fit in them well) the ZL1 comes with the NPP.

I guess I am having withdrawals since I gave my 2010 ss/rs to them as trade when I made the deal so I would not loose any more value while I waited for the ZL1; I am driving my 1998 Toyota pickup with a 4 cylinder and 5 speed in Denver's altitude (no get up and go).

As for mods, I am just doing some that will not void the warranty because of all the problems I have heard on this board with Power Steering, rear end noise, and shifting. These may just be a few and not the norm and I do see that some of the individuals on this board seem to drive their cars pretty hard on the street and track.

Well if it ships Tuesday I may get to see it by the weekend, but then I will have to let the dealership keep it for a couple of days for the window tinting and clear bra.

Sorry to hear about your issues with the wrecked car and I would of hoped that they would of put a rush on the second one especially since you work at GM, but I guess they can't do that or everyone would be calling in favors to get a higher priority.
DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFA View Post
Thanks for the words of encouragement, I should know it's a process thing and everything in its time.

I did not get the Recaros (big guys don't fit in them well) the ZL1 comes with the NPP.

I guess I am having withdrawals since I gave my 2010 ss/rs to them as trade when I made the deal so I would not loose any more value while I waited for the ZL1; I am driving my 1998 Toyota pickup with a 4 cylinder and 5 speed in Denver's altitude (no get up and go).

As for mods, I am just doing some that will not void the warranty because of all the problems I have heard on this board with Power Steering, rear end noise, and shifting. These may just be a few and not the norm and I do see that some of the individuals on this board seem to drive their cars pretty hard on the street and track.

Well if it ships Tuesday I may get to see it by the weekend, but then I will have to let the dealership keep it for a couple of days for the window tinting and clear bra.

Sorry to hear about your issues with the wrecked car and I would of hoped that they would of put a rush on the second one especially since you work at GM, but I guess they can't do that or everyone would be calling in favors to get a higher priority.
DFA,

I'm sure it will arrive soon. Feel free to send us your order number and we may be able to look into details a bit further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #18
DFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
DFA,

I'm sure it will arrive soon. Feel free to send us your order number and we may be able to look into details a bit further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
It is order number RFFFV7 out of CO.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

Thanks
No problem,

I'm going to do some research and sent a response to your PM.

Thanks,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #20
htg39

Drives: Corvette ZR1 2012 Centennial.
William could you check mine..It does not even show in the on line System but was told my ZR1 Convertible was completed last Monday.....RDFRBS Dealer here in New York..Even have Vin # . last 6 of Vin 800444,,,Thanks Harvey.....htg39@aol.com
htg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #21
htg39

Drives: Corvette ZR1 2012 Centennial.
ALSO ANYBODY LOOKING FOR A 2013 CYBER GREY ZL1 CONVERTIBLE BLK WHEELS, AUTO, 3500 MILES IN NEW YORK.....STICKER $67,000.......PRICE $60,000 CONTACT HARVEY.. HTG39@AOL.COM
htg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #22
fmcooper

Quote:

Thanks
Just saw in the other thread that you were 4200, congrats!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #23
DFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmcooper View Post
Just saw in the other thread that you were 4200, congrats!
Thanks, now comes the couple of days wait for it to get here and the dealer to do the tinting and clear bra before I get it. Hope to get some pictures soon and post.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #24
fmcooper

Quote:
Thanks, now comes the couple of days wait for it to get here and the dealer to do the tinting and clear bra before I get it. Hope to get some pictures soon and post.
Hey, did you get it yet?