Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #127
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMS1SS View Post
The only thing I don't get about some of the V6 cars are the 2LT guys who spent more on their cars all blinged out when they could have had the larger engine for less. I guess its a choice of personal preference, I know I'm in the minority with a 1SS, auto and no RS package.
I think like you do. I'm going to be buying a new Camaro or Mustang here soon and I'll be getting the V8. To me, a muscle car has to have a V8 engine in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
Fox Body Mustangs & 94-98 Mustangs were real dogs only putting out about 220hp at best stock and only good for about a 14.5 quarter mile time.
But back then it was impressive. It's all relative. The 3rd Gen Camaros put out about those same numbers. For all we know guys 20 years from now may be laughing at these 'slow' Camaros and Mustangs for only having ~420hp and running low 13s to high 12s stock.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:02 AM   #128
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
The car may be heavy, but 300+ HP out of our V6 is very impressive. Overall, it's a very modern, very technologically advanced engine. That is a feat in itself. We all don't need 800 HP in a daily driver.
BMW and Porsche have been doing it for years with their inline 6s.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:06 AM   #129
Dpmedic

Drives: 2011 3.6L V6 6 speed synergy green
i get bashed until i hurt their feelings. it happens. like the G6 i smoked this morning. tried to speed past me and i let him get a head start. then downshifted and took off
Old 05-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #130
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post
BMW and Porsche have been doing it for years with their inline 6s.
you also can't get them for 23k brand new.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #131
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
I think like you do. I'm going to be buying a new Camaro or Mustang here soon and I'll be getting the V8. To me, a muscle car has to have a V8 engine in it.

But back then it was impressive. It's all relative. The 3rd Gen Camaros put out about those same numbers. For all we know guys 20 years from now may be laughing at these 'slow' Camaros and Mustangs for only having ~420hp and running low 13s to high 12s stock.
It's not just to you dude, a muscle car is a V8, you could have a 400 HP V6 and it will never be a muscle car without the V8. Even though the Camaro and Mustang are technically Pony Car's but it still rings true.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #132
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
Seriously, who cares?

I rather have a nice car than a fast car any day. That's just my personal preference. Besides, there are a lot of people out there that can't even tell the difference between a V8 Camaro and the V6 Camaro.

LOL, why do you think people ask if it's a V8 or not? Because they don't know.

I personally have a little fun when someone asks me that question.
Honestly, the reason most people can't tell the difference is because, in terms of appearance, there's not much difference. How big are those RS and SS badges, like 1.5 in X 2 in? They all have dual exhaust as well....
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 AM   #133
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
biggest visual would be the slot in the front fascia.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #134
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
Honestly, the reason most people can't tell the difference is because, in terms of appearance, there's not much difference. How big are those RS and SS badges, like 1.5 in X 2 in? They all have dual exhaust as well....
Yeah that's when I'm out on the street driving. But when I am at the gas station, my car is parked and people have come up to me to ask me questions about the car. And clearly they can see if it says "RS" or "SS" and even then people still don't know.

I'm just saying people don't know; that's why they ask.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:18 AM   #135
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post
You got slow cars, it's not an insult,
I see this theme from some of the SS driver's in this thread. You keep saying the V6 is slow. The V6 is slow compared to what? A V8? Of course it's slower, but that does not mean the car is not fast for what it is. I believe the car is capable of running 14.2 in the 1/4 mile right out of the box. That's 4th gen LT1 numbers folks. Pretty damn good in my book. Some people think that if you can't run a certain 1/4 mile, your car is a POS. Just don't pay any attention to those guys. It's all subjective. What's slow to someone else, is not to another. I think the best recourse is just not to respond to these threads.
Your car is great looking and despite what many have said, does have great power and is very quick as a stocker.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #136
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #137
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
I don't know what a tootsie roll owl is, maybe those are only in far far away land that you live in.
Wow, you really have lived under a rock.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 05-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #138
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLoGiK1 View Post
Yeah that's when I'm out on the street driving. But when I am at the gas station, my car is parked and people have come up to me to ask me questions about the car. And clearly they can see if it says "RS" or "SS" and even then people still don't know.

I'm just saying people don't know; that's why they ask.
Ah, I see. Yeah, that's just people that don't know anything about cars lol.

In all honesty, I formed my opinion on the whole V8 vs V6 issue a few years ago while at the track. A guy in our Mustang club had a 05 or 06 with a supercharged V6. Me and my friends were watching from about the 1/8 mile mark and when he went by, we all looked at each other. Nobody said anything until my best friend's wife uttered the phrase "wow, that just didn't sound right". I've read where some people with V6's claim to have that "V8 sound" with their aftermarket exhaust, I've yet to hear that. The guy in our club sold his setup and now has a Procharged stroker motor nestled between the strut towers...
Old 05-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #139
xLoGiK1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
Ah, I see. Yeah, that's just people that don't know anything about cars lol.

In all honesty, I formed my opinion on the whole V8 vs V6 issue a few years ago while at the track. A guy in our Mustang club had a 05 or 06 with a supercharged V6. Me and my friends were watching from about the 1/8 mile mark and when he went by, we all looked at each other. Nobody said anything until my best friend's wife uttered the phrase "wow, that just didn't sound right". I've read where some people with V6's claim to have that "V8 sound" with their aftermarket exhaust, I've yet to hear that. The guy in our club sold his setup and now has a Procharged stroker motor nestled between the strut towers...
LOL for real, some people just don't know squat.

Interesting story man, but yeah a V6 will never achieve the sound of the V8. However, that doesn't mean that you can't get a nice sound out of the V6
Old 05-31-2011, 11:33 AM   #140
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I see this theme from some of the SS driver's in this thread. You keep saying the V6 is slow. The V6 is slow compared to what? A V8? Of course it's slower, but that does not mean the car is not fast for what it is. I believe the car is capable of running 14.2 in the 1/4 mile right out of the box. That's 4th gen LT1 numbers folks. Pretty damn good in my book. Some people think that if you can't run a certain 1/4 mile, your car is a POS. Just don't pay any attention to those guys. It's all subjective. What's slow to someone else, is not to another. I think the best recourse is just not to respond to these threads.
Your car is great looking and despite what many have said, does have great power and is very quick as a stocker.
Compared to a 2011 V6 Mustang, Accord Coupe, Genesis Coupe, 350Z and 370Z, Subaru Impreza STI, Lancer Evo X and those all have V6's or lower and at least equal power for the most part.

Closed Thread